These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Online: Rubicon 1.2 Issues Thread

First post
Author
Caldari State
#41 - 2014-02-19 03:05:55 UTC
Guns are only applying damage every two or more cycles.

Bruce McRaven
#42 - 2014-02-19 08:36:46 UTC
I still can't export overview settings. Seems to have been an issue since Rubicon 1.0.
C C P Alliance
#43 - 2014-02-19 09:04:07 UTC
Master Odysseus wrote:

So to sum it up, we go to world map control panel -> star map -> animation and :

1) un-check Auto Frame selection --> works as intented
2) check Auto Frame selection and then check Auto Zoom to selection ---> bug where the world map control panel dissapears from there on when you go to map
3) check Auto Frame selection and uncheck Auto Zoom to selection -> bug dissapears but strangely enough when you go to map you actually auto zoom to selection ***edit*** you don't auto-zoom, you auto-CENTER to be precise. So my unbugged chars auto-zoom, my bugged chars auto-center (zoomed out), even though I have same settings for all.

I decided to stick to #3 option till we have some official word about it or w/e. It's just too much of a pain in the a** to re-do all your settings for all your chars otherwise.

After following these repro steps, we have successfully reproduced this on our local clients and we are working on a fix.
Thank you all for bringing this to our attention and thank you Master Odysseus for taking the time to figure out the exact bug!
C C P Alliance
#44 - 2014-02-19 09:27:29 UTC
Lets GopherIT wrote:
My assets window shows that I am 12 jumps to Jita but the route-planner at the top of the screen shows I am in fact 21 !

I "Think" that the assets window is actually showing "Shortest Route" and not taking into account the setting which is set in the route planner window which is "Safest - stay in 0.5 or above" etc.

Regards,

** Edit ** Looks like this is tied into what Post #10 covers.


Yes this is a related issue tied to a rewrite of our path-finding tools due to the universe data changing. We are re-evaluating our assumptions and will try to clear up messaging to make these jump counts a bit less ambiguous.
The Watchmen.
#45 - 2014-02-19 09:37:55 UTC
Galmas wrote:
In w-space all bookmarks say 2147483647 jumps distance.

Pre-1.2 the ones in the system you currently are said 0 jumps.

The bookmarks in your current system are still in green font color though as pre-1.2.


Can confirm.
Very annoying if you sort your bookmarks by jumps.
Rate My Ticks
#46 - 2014-02-19 11:49:01 UTC
Hidden belts are back.
#47 - 2014-02-19 11:55:19 UTC
are todays problems with roid fields a stealth nerf? or is it a bug?
The Bastion
#48 - 2014-02-19 12:08:49 UTC
Steijn wrote:
are todays problems with roid fields a stealth nerf? or is it a bug?

I'd like to know this too. It really makes mining impossibly hard.
Caldari State
#49 - 2014-02-19 12:12:18 UTC
Steijn wrote:
are todays problems with roid fields a stealth nerf? or is it a bug?



The asteroid belts did not respawn after downtime. They're exactly as left before DT.
Amarr Empire
#50 - 2014-02-19 12:28:44 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
EVE Online: Rubicon 1.2 has now been released!

Issues with the autopilot were fixed in Rubicon 1.2.1


The issues remain: With Prefer Safer setting, when viewing a courier contract from Jita to Dodenvale, it is marked as Low Sec with 6 jumps at 1m/jump, but if I set my destination as Dodenvale when I'm in Jita, it shows 12 jumps through highsec.

The Haulers Channel is a meeting place for independent couriers where contractors can arrange to have their goods moved and new haulers can learn the tricks of the trade.

C C P Alliance
#51 - 2014-02-19 13:17:46 UTC
Grace Laskow wrote:
Steijn wrote:
are todays problems with roid fields a stealth nerf? or is it a bug?



The asteroid belts did not respawn after downtime. They're exactly as left before DT.


This is indeed a bug and has a fix lined up and ready for deployment tomorrow.
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2014-02-19 13:18:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Elena Thiesant
Thandi Uhura wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:
EVE Online: Rubicon 1.2 has now been released!

Issues with the autopilot were fixed in Rubicon 1.2.1


The issues remain: With Prefer Safer setting, when viewing a courier contract from Jita to Dodenvale, it is marked as Low Sec with 6 jumps at 1m/jump, but if I set my destination as Dodenvale when I'm in Jita, it shows 12 jumps through highsec.


I'm seeing the same thing with Item Exchange contracts. Sitting a couple jumps from Dodixie I look at an Item Exchange with a location of Jita, contract is flagged 'route will take you through: lowsec', but if I right click and set destination I get a purely highsec route.
The Bastion
#53 - 2014-02-19 13:28:05 UTC
CCP Frellicus wrote:
Grace Laskow wrote:
Steijn wrote:
are todays problems with roid fields a stealth nerf? or is it a bug?



The asteroid belts did not respawn after downtime. They're exactly as left before DT.


This is indeed a bug and has a fix lined up and ready for deployment tomorrow.

Thank you
#54 - 2014-02-19 14:24:05 UTC
CCP Frellicus wrote:
Grace Laskow wrote:
Steijn wrote:
are todays problems with roid fields a stealth nerf? or is it a bug?



The asteroid belts did not respawn after downtime. They're exactly as left before DT.


This is indeed a bug and has a fix lined up and ready for deployment tomorrow.

Nnnoooooooooo!

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

#55 - 2014-02-19 15:51:27 UTC  |  Edited by: the420Shadow
have the belt respawns been changed? they didn't respawn after DT in Ommare. when I first started playing they only respawned on Mondays and Fridays. I really hope it has not reverted to that. it would greatly hurt the economy.
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2014-02-19 17:07:05 UTC
the420Shadow wrote:
have the belt respawns been changed? they didn't respawn after DT in Ommare. when I first started playing they only respawned on Mondays and Fridays. I really hope it has not reverted to that. it would greatly hurt the economy.


Look at the post immediately before yours.
#57 - 2014-02-19 17:38:06 UTC
Hi, ever since the last few patches, eve won't remember what resolution I use nor will it remember that I increase the ui scaling to 125%.
Eve keeps defaulting to window mode at 1024*768 with ui to 100%.

:(

Its a tiny nuisance but any help would be appreciated

Cheers

.

Minmatar Republic
#58 - 2014-02-20 03:22:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Deriah Book
CCP Lebowski wrote:
Elmer Scribner wrote:
Courier contracts that can be completed on high sec only routes are showing that the route will take you through low sec (for instance, Maspah to Jita). In actual fact, with my current filters, in the region I'm currently in, ALL contracts are showing that they will take a low sec route.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, this is actually an unforeseen by-product of a fix we made to the way distances are calculated for market orders and contracts. Previously that was calculated using a pilots current autopilot settings whereas now they are now being calculated independently based on the shortest possible route. However, in this particular example, its clearly less than ideal and we will be looking into how to solve this.

I'm at a loss to understand why this is "ideal". I certainly hope the Personal Assests window, and mission description windows are among other "particular examples" of less than ideal applications of said "feature".
Caldari State
#59 - 2014-02-20 07:24:03 UTC
CCP Frellicus wrote:

Yes this is a related issue tied to a rewrite of our path-finding tools due to the universe data changing. We are re-evaluating our assumptions and will try to clear up messaging to make these jump counts a bit less ambiguous.

Why not just reverse it to previous option?
Calculating it based on autopilot settings was imho best option, but now you're trying to make player base 'happier' even if players don't want this change...
Don't fix if ain't broken... but it seems none of devs heard it before.
Greater D.U.S.K. Coalition
#60 - 2014-02-20 07:29:40 UTC
Blanca Meadow wrote:
CCP Frellicus wrote:

Yes this is a related issue tied to a rewrite of our path-finding tools due to the universe data changing. We are re-evaluating our assumptions and will try to clear up messaging to make these jump counts a bit less ambiguous.

Why not just reverse it to previous option?
Calculating it based on autopilot settings was imho best option, but now you're trying to make player base 'happier' even if players don't want this change...
Don't fix if ain't broken... but it seems none of devs heard it before.

When they change all the back end code some things get missed they will be pushing code 4 days a week per the devs til everything is back to working as it was before.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Forum Jump