These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Incursion: Assault Ship Help

Author
Quendishir
Dromedaworks inc
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#1 - 2014-02-16 19:11:11 UTC
I've been primarily a logistics pilot for Road-Kill, and have been one of the more consistent and well-known pilots in the group. I've had FCs tell the newer logistics pilots to listen to me because I know what I'm doing. However, I'm breaking of the tedium of logistics. Hell, I sold the shiny stuff off my Scimitar just to break myself of it. I'm looking to be a DPS player for a bit.

Now, I'm using an Ishtar, which has been doing remarkably well in Vanguards, but didn't do as well in Assaults. Then again, the only Assault I've done had myself, one Naga, and one Loki in the cruiser area. Since the frigates move fast, Gardes can be a bit hazardous, as they can't hit the targets as well once they're orbiting me. I'm looking to change ships.

I can fly anything under a battlecruiser, and have tech II weapons and tank for any of them. I cannot fly the Legion or Proteus. I'm looking for ship suggestions and fits for a sub-BC ship for assaults that isn't logistics. Any help?
Goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#2 - 2014-02-17 03:23:40 UTC
Most of the Cruiser Side assault wings I have used were 2x Scimi, 2x 4web(40km web) Loki's and 3x 800 Tornado's. I have seen Naga's and Oracle's supplemented but I can't think of anything that does the job better than the first setup.

But Road-Kill should have a pretty good idea of what works best and what they would like to see, I suggest asking the FC what is the best ship to train for and make a plan.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Jill Chastot
Black Water Oasis
#3 - 2014-02-18 01:01:46 UTC
Goldiiee wrote:
Most of the Cruiser Side assault wings I have used were 2x Scimi, 2x 4web(40km web) Loki's and 3x 800 Tornado's. I have seen Naga's and Oracle's supplemented but I can't think of anything that does the job better than the first setup.

But Road-Kill should have a pretty good idea of what works best and what they would like to see, I suggest asking the FC what is the best ship to train for and make a plan.

Isn't a scimi a shield logi? i'd think a quad web loki would have to be armor tanked?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=298596&find=unread OATHS wants you. Come to the WH "Safety in eve is the greatest fallacy you will ever encounter. Once you accept this you will truely enjoy this game."

Goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#4 - 2014-02-18 01:24:38 UTC
Jill Chastot wrote:
Goldiiee wrote:

Isn't a scimi a shield logi? i'd think a quad web loki would have to be armor tanked?

[Loki, Assault webs]
Loki Electronics - Immobility Drivers
Loki Offensive - Projectile Scoping Array
Loki Engineering - Power Core Multiplier
Loki Defensive - Adaptive Shielding
Loki Propulsion - Intercalated Nanofibers

6x 425mm AutoCannon II (Republic Fleet EMP M)
Auto Targeting System II

4x True Sansha Stasis Webifier

Damage Control II
3x Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Republic Fleet Tracking Enhancer

Medium Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Core Defense Field Extender II
Medium Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer II

5x Warrior II
5x Warrior II

And no I never lost one in hundreds of sites.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Jill Antaris
Jill's Open Incursion Corp
#5 - 2014-02-18 12:58:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Jill Antaris
In Dinc we run normally 1 Loki, 2 basis(scimis go with the BS for links), 2 Oracle and 1 Talos for the cruiser site(but also Tornado or HAM Tengu, depending on what pilots are online and what ships we have there).

This would be the basic version like some of us use.

[Oracle, Basic]
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II

Mega Pulse Laser II, Conflagration L

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

I for myself run with a T2 burst rig instead of the extender and a mwd instead of the second invu, but that might be not everybody's cup of tea. It is super effective however, since you can shoot the augas/mara/niajas from a static position at the warp in, get into optimal to the romis with the mwd quick, don't wreck your tracking by slow boating and have the option to go after sniper targets in the last pockets with scorch by mwding over to them.