These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Agent standings?

Author
Laralanthus Wolfshadow
The Red Skull Initiate
#1 - 2014-02-14 20:32:43 UTC
Not 100% sure which forum to place this in, but Im putting it in with the Missions...

Ok so I had social 3, and connections 4, and about two weeks ago I had a standing of 5.01 with Federation Navy'finally. So I decided to do a level 4 mission with a recently purchased Hyperion. Anyhoo, ya...trying Level 4s with mediocre(some might say horrible) skills around 3 or so didn't work out. lol. Anyways, rather than die, I ended up quitting a mission, to try another one that would maybe be easier. Now I know, I read the warning about it will affect my standing, and agent standing before I quit. My effective standing with the Agent in Dodixie was 5.01, due to my Fed Navy standing. After refusing the one mission it is now -0.39 with this agent? Wow...that's a pretty big hit. Is this the normal penalty? Seems I will never be able to use this level 4 agent again unless I fleet up with someone else running this Agent, and continually get rewards shared to be able to get it back?

Just wondering if I got a -5.5 or so standing hit cuz I had never completed a mission with him before I quit?

imbaRabbit
Guardians of the Dodixie
#2 - 2014-02-14 21:13:29 UTC
Quote:
Failing a mission will get you a standing loss equal to the standings you would have gained if you completed it.


You had probably something around 0 standing towards an agent. Since you were trusted by his corporation he has given you the access to the level IVs. But now you've failed him. You did not lose standing towards the corporation, but towards the agent. And now agent sees you through his own eyes instead of the eyes of the corporation. Does that make any sense?
Laralanthus Wolfshadow
The Red Skull Initiate
#3 - 2014-02-14 21:26:27 UTC
imbaRabbit wrote:
Quote:
Failing a mission will get you a standing loss equal to the standings you would have gained if you completed it.


You had probably something around 0 standing towards an agent. Since you were trusted by his corporation he has given you the access to the level IVs. But now you've failed him. You did not lose standing towards the corporation, but towards the agent. And now agent sees you through his own eyes instead of the eyes of the corporation. Does that make any sense?


Yes I see what you mean. So I probably had a rating of 0 with him personally, and lost 0.39. making his personal standing supercede my corporation standing now. So other than fleeting up with other ppl who have access to this particular agent and sharing rewards, is there any other way I can repair this standing? Whenever I go to him now he says ''Get lost, scum." :-s
imbaRabbit
Guardians of the Dodixie
#4 - 2014-02-14 21:38:03 UTC
I've never checked agent standings when I was building standings, but I've found this sentence on WIKI:

Quote:
You can raise standings with a particular agent fairly quickly by fleeting up with someone who can access that agent and who is willing share mission rewards with you (including standing increases).


https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Missions

Not so sure if you can get standing increase for doing missions for agent corporation/faction.

Laralanthus Wolfshadow
The Red Skull Initiate
#5 - 2014-02-14 21:41:36 UTC
Thanks for the information! :)
Noxisia Arkana
Deadspace Knights
#6 - 2014-02-14 21:43:23 UTC
imbaRabbit wrote:
Stuff


You don't talk like any rabbit I've ever met...

*suspicious*
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#7 - 2014-02-14 21:56:47 UTC
if you have 8.0 standings or something with the faction and the corp, will agent standing override that? I mean, if you have 0 standing towards the agent you can access, if you have 1.0 towards the agent you can still access it as the corp/faction is still carrying you. If you go to -0.5 with an agent and your corp/faction standing is still high, I don't see why it would deny you access.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Gh0stBust3rs
Destruction and Pacification Services
#8 - 2014-02-14 22:13:22 UTC
Batelle wrote:
if you have 8.0 standings or something with the faction and the corp, will agent standing override that? I mean, if you have 0 standing towards the agent you can access, if you have 1.0 towards the agent you can still access it as the corp/faction is still carrying you. If you go to -0.5 with an agent and your corp/faction standing is still high, I don't see why it would deny you access.



No its whatever standings are highest.

So if you have 5.0 with the agent you can grab missions

if you have 5.0 with his corp you can grab missions

if you have 5.0 with his state/faction you can grab missions.

Everything is based on which one of those 3 is highest.



Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#9 - 2014-02-14 22:16:37 UTC
Gh0stBust3rs wrote:
Batelle wrote:
if you have 8.0 standings or something with the faction and the corp, will agent standing override that? I mean, if you have 0 standing towards the agent you can access, if you have 1.0 towards the agent you can still access it as the corp/faction is still carrying you. If you go to -0.5 with an agent and your corp/faction standing is still high, I don't see why it would deny you access.



No its whatever standings are highest.

So if you have 5.0 with the agent you can grab missions

if you have 5.0 with his corp you can grab missions

if you have 5.0 with his state/faction you can grab missions.

Everything is based on which one of those 3 is highest.


Meaning the OP only has to run like 1-2 missions for a different Federation navy agent, and your navy standings will go back above 5.0, and you can use that agent again, even if you're negative towards this agent.

Shouldn't be too hard to do, OP.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Laralanthus Wolfshadow
The Red Skull Initiate
#10 - 2014-02-14 22:20:48 UTC
Gh0stBust3rs wrote:
Batelle wrote:
if you have 8.0 standings or something with the faction and the corp, will agent standing override that? I mean, if you have 0 standing towards the agent you can access, if you have 1.0 towards the agent you can still access it as the corp/faction is still carrying you. If you go to -0.5 with an agent and your corp/faction standing is still high, I don't see why it would deny you access.



No its whatever standings are highest.

So if you have 5.0 with the agent you can grab missions

if you have 5.0 with his corp you can grab missions

if you have 5.0 with his state/faction you can grab missions.

Everything is based on which one of those 3 is highest.




Right now my standings are:
Faction: Gallente Federation: 2.25
Corporation: Federation Navy: 5.28
Agent Saonellieu Baerse: -0.39

And he still calls me scum. lol. But, I wonder if I get my corp standing to 5.4, if it will subtract his bad standing, and give me an effective standing of 5.01? I will have to test it out...
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#11 - 2014-02-14 22:53:51 UTC
Laralanthus Wolfshadow wrote:

Right now my standings are:
Faction: Gallente Federation: 2.25
Corporation: Federation Navy: 5.28
Agent Saonellieu Baerse: -0.39

And he still calls me scum. lol. But, I wonder if I get my corp standing to 5.4, if it will subtract his bad standing, and give me an effective standing of 5.01? I will have to test it out...


Doubtful that would work. It seems taht having negative agent standing functions just like having -2.0 faction standing. It overrides other considerations.

I assume these standings are all after skills? I bet if you train diplomacy a level or two (assuming you don't have it now), it will apply to the agent standing (since its currently negative) and will raise it to 0 or above, restoring your access.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

imbaRabbit
Guardians of the Dodixie
#12 - 2014-02-15 06:45:54 UTC
It seems there are, maybe, two possible ways to fix it:

- Share the mission rewards with someone.
- Hope that X days of learning the Social skills will bring up the standing ;).

I guess it's smarter to go for option a). Ask the locals ... if they're not going to help you write it here and then we'll see what we can do.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2014-02-16 22:28:06 UTC
Unless CCP recently changed something, you should still be able to access the Agent until -2.00 Agent standing.

Easy way to view Agent standing is open Agent info box - standings tab - view Agent standing towards you.



DMC
Laralanthus Wolfshadow
The Red Skull Initiate
#14 - 2014-02-17 23:55:26 UTC
Well this will be my final update! :D

I did a few level 3 missions over the last few days, in between some mining, and now my Fed Navy standing is 5.42 now. I just checked that agent who was -0.39, and he is now 5.4 standing. So I guess once my battleship skills get up to spec, I will be able to use him. Thanks to everyone for your help. Much appreciated! :D

~Lara!