These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Truesec effects on exploration?

Author
Seven Koskanaiken
Guerillas in the Mist
Outlanders United
#1 - 2014-02-13 17:40:57 UTC
Do exploration and profession sites get affected by truesec. And does it make them spawn more, or better drops?
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#2 - 2014-02-13 17:51:54 UTC
No. Only sec band (high, low, null) matters. Some constellations and regions have unique sites; gas clouds in particular have a higher chance to spawn in single constellations and only spawn in certain regions. But true sec doesn't matter.
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#3 - 2014-02-13 17:58:59 UTC
If CCP doesn't say it, then its speculation. There are a number of things that the exploration community hold as accepted truths. These truths cannot be known by probing the black box. There will always be people that claim stuff about how exploration works.

The exploration community is in general consensus that truesec has no affect. I'm relatively sure that this is one truth that has been confirmed explicitly.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

hydraSlav
Synergy Evolved
#4 - 2014-02-13 18:42:30 UTC
Batelle wrote:
If CCP doesn't say it, then its speculation. There are a number of things that the exploration community hold as accepted truths. These truths cannot be known by probing the black box. There will always be people that claim stuff about how exploration works.

The exploration community is in general consensus that truesec has no affect. I'm relatively sure that this is one truth that has been confirmed explicitly.


With that said, i've definitely seen better drops in Null space, then in C1-C2 sites.
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#5 - 2014-02-13 20:55:00 UTC
hydraSlav wrote:
With that said, i've definitely seen better drops in Null space, then in C1-C2 sites.


lolwhat?

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#6 - 2014-02-13 23:31:12 UTC
Zhilia Mann wrote:
No. Only sec band (high, low, null) matters. Some constellations and regions have unique sites; gas clouds in particular have a higher chance to spawn in single constellations and only spawn in certain regions. But true sec doesn't matter.


I never have seen ded 1s, 2s in 0.5 to 0.7, so CCP does have the ability to make that distinction. I agree there is no restriction on a ded 10 going into the worst truesec null.

its quite possible also that there is no coding of restrictions either, ie it could all be list based, and the stuff that is restricted to particular constellations is so just because a restricted list of systems was made for it, and not because of some complicated programmed rule system.
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#7 - 2014-02-14 00:50:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Zhilia Mann
Tauranon wrote:
Zhilia Mann wrote:
No. Only sec band (high, low, null) matters. Some constellations and regions have unique sites; gas clouds in particular have a higher chance to spawn in single constellations and only spawn in certain regions. But true sec doesn't matter.


I never have seen ded 1s, 2s in 0.5 to 0.7, so CCP does have the ability to make that distinction. I agree there is no restriction on a ded 10 going into the worst truesec null.

its quite possible also that there is no coding of restrictions either, ie it could all be list based, and the stuff that is restricted to particular constellations is so just because a restricted list of systems was made for it, and not because of some complicated programmed rule system.


Huh? .5 and .7 are high and they spawn in low now anyhow. They do spawn there; the problem is likely that they just don't spawn much at all.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#8 - 2014-02-14 06:34:48 UTC
Zhilia Mann wrote:
Tauranon wrote:
Zhilia Mann wrote:
No. Only sec band (high, low, null) matters. Some constellations and regions have unique sites; gas clouds in particular have a higher chance to spawn in single constellations and only spawn in certain regions. But true sec doesn't matter.


I never have seen ded 1s, 2s in 0.5 to 0.7, so CCP does have the ability to make that distinction. I agree there is no restriction on a ded 10 going into the worst truesec null.

its quite possible also that there is no coding of restrictions either, ie it could all be list based, and the stuff that is restricted to particular constellations is so just because a restricted list of systems was made for it, and not because of some complicated programmed rule system.


Huh? .5 and .7 are high and they spawn in low now anyhow. They do spawn there; the problem is likely that they just don't spawn much at all.


I was just pointing out that CCPs mechanism has historically had methods of keeping content out of specific sec systems with finer granularity than high/low/null.

I know people are getting hideouts and lookouts and stuff in low, but they always spawned all over the place anyway, are people actually getting say the ded2 serpentis sig in low ?

Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#9 - 2014-02-14 06:43:21 UTC
Tauranon wrote:
I know people are getting hideouts and lookouts and stuff in low, but they always spawned all over the place anyway, are people actually getting say the ded2 serpentis sig in low ?


I haven't much been in Serp space lately, but I'm getting plenty of Blood 2s.
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#10 - 2014-02-14 06:47:26 UTC
weren't 1/10s and 2/10s broken after being converted to sigs? Like not despawning or respawning? I would chalk up any weirdness there to crappy quality control and CCP's inability to fix obvious broken things in a timely manner.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#11 - 2014-02-14 07:56:56 UTC
Zhilia Mann wrote:
Tauranon wrote:
I know people are getting hideouts and lookouts and stuff in low, but they always spawned all over the place anyway, are people actually getting say the ded2 serpentis sig in low ?


I haven't much been in Serp space lately, but I'm getting plenty of Blood 2s.


ok, that is interesting from the point of view of how they do restrictions internally.
Gimme more Cynos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#12 - 2014-02-14 10:12:50 UTC
Zhilia Mann wrote:
Tauranon wrote:
I know people are getting hideouts and lookouts and stuff in low, but they always spawned all over the place anyway, are people actually getting say the ded2 serpentis sig in low ?


I haven't much been in Serp space lately, but I'm getting plenty of Blood 2s.


I'm pretty sure I've seen Guristas 2/10 in Low too. Gate restrictions damnit! :(