These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Looking for a missioning buddy (Or two)

Author
Katie Khardoula
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-02-09 08:45:47 UTC
Hey everyone,

As a developing player and one who is becoming increasingly interested in pvp, I have begun to require high positive standings with all non-pirate factions in order to access their locator agents.

Now, I already have 6.5 standing with Amarr Empire and 4-something with Caldari, which is good enough to get me access to lvl 3's and 4's with those two factions. However, my OCD is whispering into my ear, telling me that I need to also raise my standing with Gallente and Minmatar, so that in the event that I go to war in those regions I wont be limited in my capabilities. This is all just ******* fantastic, because my standing with those factions is at like -4.

So, as per the repair plan that has been circulating for the last few years, I aim to spend the next little while tending to my faction standings. While I am aware that this will actually take much longer than "A little while," I am committed to the task regardless, and would really love to have some company throughout the process.

This will include running everything from tutorial agents to re-running the epic arc's to hitting the racial data centers, cosmos missions, etc etc until I have high enough standings to access lvl 4 locators with every faction. It will involve a lot of travelling.

Yes, I'm aware that there's such a thing as a missioning corp. Yes, I'm currently in one and no, most corp members aren't willing to live the nomadic lifestyle that this type of plan requires.

Basically, i'm asking for a buddy or two to chill out with and run missions with for the foreseeable future; I'm doing the faction standing repair plan and don't wanna do it alone out of fear of clawing my eyes out in boredom. I am totally willing to help new players build up to lvl 4's, and will share my experience and rewards accordingly. Whatever your reasons for tagging along are, the benefits are shared. Basically, you get all the benefits of a corp without the actual corp, and this is an excellent opportunity for any new or experienced players that want to dive head first into missioning to quickly boost their universal standings.

TS server access included, as well as mission support from alts. Other details can be discussed in private.

So, anybody interested?

Every time I see the first poster replying to the OP by quoting his entire post, I want to punch a baby

Gimme more Cynos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2014-02-09 13:53:20 UTC
I'm not interested in it, as I have enough of a timesink in grinding my ruined standings back to -5, but:

I think it would definately help if you would share your schedule/online times.
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#3 - 2014-02-09 16:10:21 UTC
i suppose i can help, ive already did the standings plan on an alt before, and i mission on him consistently, like right now over the weekend i did the gallente epic arc and finishing the minmatar epic, and i also mission all over the cosmos just for the hell of it. youll find me in my PUB channel AMES

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Katie Khardoula
Doomheim
#4 - 2014-02-09 21:14:39 UTC
Quote:
I'm not interested in it, as I have enough of a timesink in grinding my ruined standings back to -5, but:

I think it would definately help if you would share your schedule/online times.

Ah, my apologies.

I am most active in the afternoons/evenings of the US Eastern TZ.

Not good at maths, but while eve time says 2100 my watch says 1700...Whatever that means Roll

Every time I see the first poster replying to the OP by quoting his entire post, I want to punch a baby

Alejandro Rebenga
#5 - 2014-02-10 07:05:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Alejandro Rebenga
Hang around the chat channel #helpmymission, some groups do these kind of fleet ups. You'd have to be pretty regular tho, for ppl to start trusting/liking you.

edit: evetime is GMT 0, UTC 0
Katie Khardoula
Doomheim
#6 - 2014-02-10 08:00:02 UTC
Yeah, i've been in the channel lots in the past and am quite familiar with it. Just but wanted to pose the question here as well as HMM isn't a widely known resource, and this has been a fairly long-standing consideration for me.

On that note, i'm still available and am looking for potential buddies.

If nobody ends up showing interest that's fine too, just wanted to throw the offer out there. I suppose I COULD mission alone if I really have to, but there's scary pirates out there Cry

I'll just do some pvp in the meantime until I figure something out. If anybody's got questions they can message me in-game.

hydraSlav
Synergy Evolved
#7 - 2014-02-10 16:57:34 UTC
How long does it take to run "the plan"? Weeks? Months?

Also, is there any benefit to actually being together with someone? You still get the missions individually, and chances are, the agents may send you into different adjacent missions, no?

Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#8 - 2014-02-10 17:57:45 UTC
Katie Khardoula wrote:

As a developing player and one who is becoming increasingly interested in pvp, I have begun to require high positive standings with all non-pirate factions in order to access their locator agents.

Now, I already have 6.5 standing with Amarr Empire and 4-something with Caldari, which is good enough to get me access to lvl 3's and 4's with those two factions. However, my OCD is whispering into my ear, telling me that I need to also raise my standing with Gallente and Minmatar, so that in the event that I go to war in those regions I wont be limited in my capabilities. This is all just ******* fantastic, because my standing with those factions is at like -4.

-4.0 after diplomacy calculations is indeed unfortunate. However, as long as they're above -2.0, you should be okay. Having high caldari/amarr faction standing has a lot of perks. However, if your concern is agent access for gallente/minmatar, you don't need anything more than -2.0, all you need to do is get reasonable standings with a few of their most common member corps, specifically those member corps that are ubiquitous within gallente/minmatar space. The obvious choices are the navies, although non-navy corporations often have stations outside their faction's space. For example, with high standings with the caldari faction, you should find lots of caldari agents within gallente space able to help.

You can get level 4 access fairly easily through sharing mission rewards with someone blitzing level 4's, while you do nothing and pay them for the service (or alternatively share your own mission rewards with them while you run for a different corp).

I'm aware none of this makes a difference if you really are set on getting up your faction standings, but you did say you were "increasingly interested in pvp" and spending the next month missioning is the exact opposite of that. If locator agents are what you want, then messing around with faction standings is a complete waste of time.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Katie Khardoula
Doomheim
#9 - 2014-02-11 03:42:36 UTC
Quote:
non-navy corporations often have stations outside their faction's space. For example, with high standings with the caldari faction, you should find lots of caldari agents within gallente space able to help

I had totally overlooked this fact. Will confirm tomorrow whether or not I have any Amarr agents in Minny space and any Caldari agents in Gallente space.

Centis Adjani
Adjani Corporation
#10 - 2014-02-13 10:58:42 UTC
hydraSlav wrote:
How long does it take to run "the plan"? Weeks? Months?

Depends how much time per day you invest in. But I'm sure, DMC can give an estimate here if he read this...

hydraSlav wrote:
Also, is there any benefit to actually being together with someone?
You still get the missions individually, and chances are, the agents may send you into different adjacent missions, no?

Yes, the agents will send into different missions. But the benefit for standings doing missions together in a fleet is huge.
As a fleet member you earn the same corp standing increase as the member which take the mission.
So you can increase your standings to corps in a fleet with 3 members much faster as doing alone.
hydraSlav
Synergy Evolved
#11 - 2014-02-13 13:44:02 UTC
Centis Adjani wrote:

hydraSlav wrote:
Also, is there any benefit to actually being together with someone?
You still get the missions individually, and chances are, the agents may send you into different adjacent missions, no?

Yes, the agents will send into different missions. But the benefit for standings doing missions together in a fleet is huge.
As a fleet member you earn the same corp standing increase as the member which take the mission.
So you can increase your standings to corps in a fleet with 3 members much faster as doing alone.

Wait, so you are saying for corps standings, if the mission will give 0.2% increase as reward to a single player, it will also give the same 0.2% increase to all other players in the fleet? Not 0.1% + 0.1% split between 2 players?

And correct me if i am wrong, but i don't even need to be in the same system as the person getting the reward, right?
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#12 - 2014-02-13 15:27:56 UTC
hydraSlav wrote:

Wait, so you are saying for corps standings, if the mission will give 0.2% increase as reward to a single player, it will also give the same 0.2% increase to all other players in the fleet? Not 0.1% + 0.1% split between 2 players?

And correct me if i am wrong, but i don't even need to be in the same system as the person getting the reward, right?

The mission isk reward, time bonus, LP reward, and corp faction standing are all split 50/50. If one character has access to level 4's, splitting the standings reward will quickly raise the other character's standings to access those missions. This is really useful when you want to get two characters for pulling a missions, which reduces the need for declines and lets you also take two missions before coming to dock/turn-in. About 16 shared level 4 missions let me get a char with no SOE standing access to level 4s.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Centis Adjani
Adjani Corporation
#13 - 2014-02-13 21:10:08 UTC
hydraSlav wrote:
Right. I do Level 4 missions with two characters in fleet.
The mission 'Silence the Informant' - for example - pays out a standing increase of 2,5736% to each fleet member.
Or - the mission "The Blockade" pays out a Standing increase of 2,1038% to each fleet member.
The other things like Bounties, Loyality Points, Rewards are shared between all fleet members.
So 50:50 for two members in fleet or 33:33:33 to three members. And so on to a maximum of 10 People in fleet.

hydraSlav wrote:
Right again. You don't need to be in the same system.

Katie Khardoula
Doomheim
#14 - 2014-02-15 04:12:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Katie Khardoula
Well guys, I've done a bit of flying around, and as someone mentioned earlier it seems that I do have Amarr and Caldari agents in Minmatar and Gallente space. They're sparse, but they are there, and will do the job well enough if required.

For the time being at least, i'm gonna say that this request for missioning buddies is cancelled. I did receive mails and invites from a few people which I have yet to reply to (Thanks for the interest btw,) but missioning is not really something I want to do a lot of unless I absolutely need to. The requirement for it is no longer there.

Thanks for the help and advice from everyone. Feel free to discuss the matter further and PM me if you've got further questions, but I've gotten what I came for.

Thanks again.