These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

Impossible to reset escalations now?

First post
Author
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#1 - 2014-01-30 05:33:20 UTC
Has anyone else noticed that it is no longer possible to reset an escalation timer? I saw no mention of this in the patch notes, but several of my corp mates are reporting that this is now the case.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Tiagra May
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-01-30 05:37:10 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that it is no longer possible to reset an escalation timer? I saw no mention of this in the patch notes, but several of my corp mates are reporting that this is now the case.

Agree- I have the same problem.
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-01-30 07:12:39 UTC
Don't really know if this is a good or bad thing...

It's was very useful, but it almost seemed like an exploit being able to keep the site alive for ever, i don't think the mechanic was designed to work that way.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

GhostOnline
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2014-01-30 07:15:51 UTC
dexington wrote:
Don't really know if this is a good or bad thing...

It's was very useful, but it almost seemed like an exploit being able to keep the site alive for ever, i don't think the mechanic was designed to work that way.


It makes sense to remove it - but we would expect to see this sort of thing in patch notes if it is deliberate.
Eru GoEller
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5 - 2014-01-30 08:44:54 UTC
dexington wrote:
Don't really know if this is a good or bad thing...

It's was very useful, but it almost seemed like an exploit being able to keep the site alive for ever, i don't think the mechanic was designed to work that way.

7 days is far from being forever.
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-01-30 08:51:44 UTC
Eru GoEller wrote:
dexington wrote:
Don't really know if this is a good or bad thing...

It's was very useful, but it almost seemed like an exploit being able to keep the site alive for ever, i don't think the mechanic was designed to work that way.

7 days is far from being forever.


okay, didn't know it had a 7 day limit.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#7 - 2014-01-30 14:04:50 UTC
GhostOnline wrote:
dexington wrote:
Don't really know if this is a good or bad thing...

It's was very useful, but it almost seemed like an exploit being able to keep the site alive for ever, i don't think the mechanic was designed to work that way.


It makes sense to remove it - but we would expect to see this sort of thing in patch notes if it is deliberate.


I'm not sure it makes sense to remove it, but I hate the "Let's see what unannounced little changes CCP has made to Eve" factor after every patch. In this case, it certainly makes life more obnoxious for me, since almost all my income comes from running escalations for those who either cannot or do not run their own.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Setsune Rin
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2014-01-30 14:17:37 UTC
i'll chime in with an affermative, can't reset the timers on my 6/10's anymore

already petitioned it asking what was up, no answer so far


not happy if this is an intended change, i'm rather busy sometimes and losing a 6/10 really sucks
Garak n00biachi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2014-01-30 14:31:45 UTC
7days?! as far as i knew it was 24hours and you could reset the timer by warping to the site and cancelling the warp......7 days? damn it!
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#10 - 2014-01-30 14:43:03 UTC
If this is an intended change its quite unfortunate. Most people don't even run non-ded sites in the first place, because escalations are difficult and require additional effort, travel, danger, and time.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#11 - 2014-01-30 17:00:46 UTC
Batelle wrote:
If this is an intended change its quite unfortunate. Most people don't even run non-ded sites in the first place, because escalations are difficult and require additional effort, travel, danger, and time.


Seriously. Not happy if this was intended. One of the only perks to doing escalations was that you could pick and choose your time.
Tiagra May
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2014-01-30 17:03:13 UTC
Zhilia Mann wrote:
Batelle wrote:
If this is an intended change its quite unfortunate. Most people don't even run non-ded sites in the first place, because escalations are difficult and require additional effort, travel, danger, and time.


Seriously. Not happy if this was intended. One of the only perks to doing escalations was that you could pick and choose your time.

Also you could collect several escalations at one system and complete them at one flight
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#13 - 2014-01-30 17:15:12 UTC
Tiagra May wrote:
Zhilia Mann wrote:
Batelle wrote:
If this is an intended change its quite unfortunate. Most people don't even run non-ded sites in the first place, because escalations are difficult and require additional effort, travel, danger, and time.


Seriously. Not happy if this was intended. One of the only perks to doing escalations was that you could pick and choose your time.

Also you could collect several escalations at one system and complete them at one flight


lol, good one.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Mnemosyne Gloob
#14 - 2014-01-30 21:07:58 UTC
don't quite know why this was removed (presumably, unless it's a bug) - they should have rather removed the accompanying mechanic of using cargo scanners and added a possibility to directly transfer expedition locations to someone else.

if anything, like the clone jump timer, make it more than 24 hrs for those of us who have a life.
GordonO
BURN EDEN
#15 - 2014-01-30 23:12:33 UTC
Garak n00biachi wrote:
7days?! as far as i knew it was 24hours and you could reset the timer by warping to the site and cancelling the warp......7 days? damn it!

You can reset the 24hr timer every day for 7 days.. so you still need to warp to it within a 24hr period..

... What next ??

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2014-01-30 23:57:56 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Well, this is definitely not good news.

Exploration has already been nerfed to the max. I see no reason whatsoever to change the escalation game mechanic when there's plenty of other game mechanics that need to be reworked.

Escalations / expeditions gave players 24 hours to get to the location. Another 24 hours was granted upon warping to the site in order to complete it. The ability to do that for 7 days keeps it in line with most other aspects of PvE.

*Snip* Please refrain from spreading baseless rumors. ISD Ezwal.


DMC
Hehaw Jimbojohnson
Dromedaworks inc
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#17 - 2014-01-31 01:29:56 UTC
This "patch" gets better and better Roll
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#18 - 2014-01-31 05:59:38 UTC
GordonO wrote:
Garak n00biachi wrote:
7days?! as far as i knew it was 24hours and you could reset the timer by warping to the site and cancelling the warp......7 days? damn it!

You can reset the 24hr timer every day for 7 days.. so you still need to warp to it within a 24hr period..


The entire point of the thread is that you can apparently no longer do this. Roll

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#19 - 2014-01-31 06:34:54 UTC
GordonO wrote:
Garak n00biachi wrote:
7days?! as far as i knew it was 24hours and you could reset the timer by warping to the site and cancelling the warp......7 days? damn it!

You can reset the 24hr timer every day for 7 days.. so you still need to warp to it within a 24hr period..


Warping to the site no longer resets the timer... you now have exactly 24 hours to complete the next stage of the escalation, with no ability to reset it.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Gloredhel
Perkone
Caldari State
#20 - 2014-02-01 06:11:38 UTC
I put in a support ticket and i have not gotten a response in 3 days either. I am beginning to think that CCP did do this as a stealth nerf.
123Next page