These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Did you pay your Coders to Screw up?

First post
Author
NuroCorp
Serenity Browncoats LLP
#1 - 2014-01-29 07:08:29 UTC
Or is this working as intended, and Successfully Deployed?Shocked

Get your asses in gear and fix all the things you screwed up. While your at it, get all the little retards who were involved in this update, throw them in the meeting room and over megaphone tell them why they suck at there job.

"Coding is hard..." excuses " Fix it or we will remove the body guards that save you from the village rabble. That should help them work both day and night.

Out of the epic patch fails, sure this doesn't rank in the top three, but its sure a contender for Bork up of the year, 2014.

I'm surrounded by Trolls. All this negative feedback means we'll just be getting new forums released before DUST goes F2P....

Moneta Curran
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-01-29 07:21:02 UTC

Let's all randomly capitalize words while raging like we're Germans.
John Bosch
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-01-29 07:26:26 UTC
Just fix it. Wow. Great suggestion. They should give you a DEV tag.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#4 - 2014-01-29 07:34:09 UTC
NuroCorp wrote:
Or is this working as intended, and Successfully Deployed?Shocked

Get your asses in gear and fix all the things you screwed up. While your at it, get all the little retards who were involved in this update, throw them in the meeting room and over megaphone tell them why they suck at there job.

"Coding is hard..." excuses " Fix it or we will remove the body guards that save you from the village rabble. That should help them work both day and night.

Out of the epic patch fails, sure this doesn't rank in the top three, but its sure a contender for Bork up of the year, 2014.

In before lock... fix what?

I just played for 3 hours with no issues, ran a wh site scanned fine, ran to hs, sold stuff, came back. No problems. The only think i noticed was an odd graphics glitch when going to a wormhole and scanning. I'll prolly file a bug report shortly but to the op.. fix what?

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2014-01-29 07:42:38 UTC
Raging random rant...

What the who and why, or maybe even how?

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2014-01-29 07:43:53 UTC
Moneta Curran wrote:

Let's all randomly capitalize words while raging like we're Germans.

Listen, don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2014-01-29 07:47:50 UTC
I would like to throw you in a room & tell you through a megaphone why your English sucks.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Ersahi Kir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2014-01-29 07:50:40 UTC
NuroCorp wrote:
Get your asses in gear and fix all the things you screwed up. While your at it, get all the little retards who were involved in this update, throw them in the meeting room and over megaphone tell them why they suck at there job..

Is this what your boss does to you when you put pickles on my hamburger?
Grunanca
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2014-01-29 07:54:30 UTC
1. Fix what?

2. Fix your spelling, it sucks.
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#10 - 2014-01-29 07:55:06 UTC
I think a better way of phrasing the question is are the programmers paid a salary, exempt from overtime, or are they getting paid big bucks fixing what was released broken?

Personally, I don't care, because I love CCP guys too much to suspect foul play.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#11 - 2014-01-29 08:03:25 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
I would like to throw you in a room & tell you through a megaphone why your English sucks.

theirs no call for that, your being rude
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#12 - 2014-01-29 08:07:58 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:

No he's not. That's Goon for "lol, nice, good idea buddy." It's kind of like when you were a kid and the girl that liked you picked on you. In fact, I think you guys are bonding well enough to begin private side chats about possible Goonswarm recruitment if you're lucky.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Treborr MintingtonJr
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#13 - 2014-01-29 08:13:26 UTC
I did chuckle at the "Rubicon 1.1 Successfully Deployed" message on the login screen, 10/10 to CCP.
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#14 - 2014-01-29 08:47:33 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:

No he's not. That's Goon for "lol, nice, good idea buddy." It's kind of like when you were a kid and the girl that liked you picked on you. In fact, I think you guys are bonding well enough to begin private side chats about possible Goonswarm recruitment if you're lucky.

does this have anything to do with my post
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#15 - 2014-01-29 08:48:15 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:

You're making my brain hurt.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Serene Repose
#16 - 2014-01-29 08:50:22 UTC
Everyone pays coders to screw up. This is AMERIC....er....ICELAND!!
Who ELSE would you pay to screw up???

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

The Legendary Soldier
Elixa
I.N.F.A.M.Y
#17 - 2014-01-29 09:30:14 UTC

Whilst there is no excuse for the rudeness of the OP, the number of unintended consequences does make me wonder about the quality of the code, and the procedures for updates and reviews...

Need to place a high-sec POS? Premade corps for sale, or your corps standings boosted. Trading since January 2012. Many corps sold/boosted - see my thread: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=63128&find=unread

seth Hendar
I love you miners
#18 - 2014-01-29 11:05:01 UTC  |  Edited by: seth Hendar
The Legendary Soldier wrote:

Whilst there is no excuse for the rudeness of the OP, the number of unintended consequences does make me wonder about the quality of the code, and the procedures for updates and reviews...

code => compile

does it compiled? no => code again / yes => release

QA / test? => http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/xDn19gaOTul1snVl6wvn_aint_nobody_got_time_for_that.jpg

AGILE dev. they said, seems the only agile thing is avoiding answering the customers and QA, then yes, they are very agile for that!
djentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#19 - 2014-01-29 11:13:57 UTC  |  Edited by: DJentropy Ovaert
NuroCorp wrote:
Is this working as intended, and successfully deployed?

Get your asses in gear and fix all the things you screwed up. While you're at it, get all of the developers who were involved in this update, throw them in the meeting room and use a megaphone to tell them why they suck at their job.

"Coding is hard..." that's just an excuse!" Fix it or we will remove the body guards that save you from the village rabble. This should help them to continue working both day and night.

Considering the history of epic patch fails, this recent patch does not rank in the top three of all time. I personally feel it is a contender for 2014's bork up of the year, however.

There, I fixed that for you. Recommend that you take a moment to train logical thought and ability to spell to III before you post again.

*edit: you still have a totally awful attitude and your post sucks*
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#20 - 2014-01-29 11:16:49 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:

You sound bitter. I can't possibly imagine why.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

12Next page