These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

FIX THE D-SCAN

Author
Lugia3
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#1 - 2014-01-29 00:48:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugia3
The d-scan window no longer shows the precision tracking camera button. I haven't found it yet, and it probably doesn't exist. The normal tracking camera also does not work for this, because it does not aim towards the center.

Fix it.

Fix it now.

[EDIT: Always count on CCP to take simple functions and make you go through a radial menu to access them again!"

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#2 - 2014-01-29 00:51:19 UTC
The camera button next to the scanner button that you used to pop the scan window up now has lots of options.
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#3 - 2014-01-29 00:52:11 UTC
Lugia3 wrote:
The d-scan window no longer shows the precision tracking camera button. I haven't found it yet, and it probably doesn't exist. The normal tracking camera also does not work for this, because it does not aim towards the center.

Fix it.

Fix it now.

They moved it to the HUD. There is an option there to turn on the "Camera through the center of the ship" tracking camera.

I suggest you read the Dev Blog
http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/tracking-camera-ui-improvements/
Lugia3
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#4 - 2014-01-29 00:53:34 UTC
Tauranon wrote:
The camera button next to the scanner button that you used to pop the scan window up now has lots of options.

Confirming the center-tracking button is down in the radial menu.

Still, fix it. Who in their right mind wants to go through a bunch of menu's to perform an action that was previously available with a simple check-box, which was right where it was needed.

Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#5 - 2014-01-29 00:55:19 UTC
djentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#6 - 2014-01-29 00:56:46 UTC
Lugia3 wrote:

Fix it.

Fix it now.

[EDIT: Always count on CCP to take simple functions and make you go through a radial menu to access them again!"

Fail to notice the brand new button that is right next to the button that opens the scanner in the first place, I assume? xD
Mario Putzo
#7 - 2014-01-29 01:00:25 UTC
People need to read the damn patch notes up in this place...for realz.

Drone Stuff > In the notes
RLML > In the notes
UI Changes > In the notes
Notes> In the notes

Standings "Bug" > Best CCP Troll yet. All over nullbears are scared to undock because they have so many blues they don't know whose blue. lol.

Seriously though...spend 5 minutes and read the patch notes.
Billy McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#8 - 2014-01-29 01:01:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Billy McCandless
ficks da butan

wears da bakon

"Thread locked for being deemed a total loss." - ISD Ezwal

Lugia3
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#9 - 2014-01-29 01:01:32 UTC
djentropy Ovaert wrote:
Lugia3 wrote:

Fix it.

Fix it now.

Fail to notice the brand new button that is right next to the button that opens the scanner in the first place, I assume? xD

I see it, and I don't like it. They moved a d-scan function that was previously ON the d-scan window, and put it in a radial menu. At least put the checkbox back.

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#10 - 2014-01-29 01:03:02 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:

Welcome to the General Discussion battleground for Patch Day. War is hell kid.

Its actually more like a food fight in this case.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#11 - 2014-01-29 01:31:59 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:

Welcome to the General Discussion battleground for Patch Day. War is hell kid.

Its actually more like a food fight in this case.

George C. Scott as General Patton wrote:
When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Mourn LeBlade
Jupiter Roughriders
#12 - 2014-01-29 02:03:53 UTC
But the patch disabled the previous state, which was to have it enabled.

So then you have to research to see if it's a bug or if they hid the feature somewhere, or removed it.

I'm so angry I'm going to gank some nullbears.

LTCOL LeBlade 177 Division Live Free or Die

Daily Operation
What Could Go Wrong
#13 - 2014-01-29 03:03:51 UTC
Press C.

You can set the hotkey to center now.
Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2014-01-29 03:13:35 UTC
Mourn LeBlade wrote:
But the patch disabled the previous state, which was to have it enabled.

So then you have to research to see if it's a bug or if they hid the feature somewhere, or removed it.

I'm so angry I'm going to gank some nullbears.

Now, now.. you were going to do that any way.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2014-01-29 05:05:27 UTC
Lugia3 wrote:

Fix it.

Fix it now.

It took me as many as 5 seconds to find where it's been moved to and I haven't even read the patch notes yet.

Press C. When you press C, pay attention to the little glowing blue button on your HUD.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#16 - 2014-01-29 06:15:58 UTC
CCP has become obsessed with sticking everything on radial menus lately. I blame that coke-head in marketing, as always.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2014-01-29 06:19:47 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:

Drone Stuff > In the notes
RLML > In the notes
UI Changes > In the notes
Notes> In the notes

Standings "Bug" > Best CCP Troll yet. All over nullbears are scared to undock because they have so many blues they don't know whose blue. lol.

Seriously though...spend 5 minutes and read the patch notes.

RLML > NOT in the patch notes .. you have to go to the DEV discussion to find details of that one.
Nick Starkey
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2014-01-29 10:53:15 UTC
I just press C as usual to toogle tracking camera on and off.

I've made a signature. I hope you're enjoying it. www.evetrademaster.com - web based asset manager & profit tracker

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2014-01-29 11:00:21 UTC
Katran Luftschreck wrote:
CCP has become obsessed with sticking everything on radial menus lately. I blame that coke-head in marketing, as always.

I like, and make frequent use of, the radial menu they implemented in Odyssey. I know I'm not the only one.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Seraph Essael
Air
The Initiative.
#20 - 2014-01-29 11:05:06 UTC
That custom tracking camera is awesome if you want to five degree scan cosmic sigs... Put the square where you want it (over the custom sigs) and bam! Instand five degree scan. Really really helpful!

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

12Next page