These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

What's the deal with CFC vs N3 war ?

Author
Spartacus Batiatis
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-12-22 19:00:27 UTC
Hi

i am fairly new to alliance warfare and i have been following the recent news about the CFC vs N3 war but i can't seem to understand the reasons behind this war, the actual participants and their roles and the outstanding thing about it.

Can you help me understand this a little better ?

Thanks.

If you wanna do some thing do it right.

Kate stark
#2 - 2013-12-22 19:14:10 UTC
goons shoot people because they're goons, and everyone hates goons because they're goons.

tl;dr goons. (possibly even prefixed with grr)

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Charlie Firpol
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-12-22 19:22:40 UTC
There are basically only 2 coalitions left in 0sec, and the people in there like to fight, so they fight each other.

The Butcher of Black Rise - eve-radio.com

Scatim Helicon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2013-12-22 19:22:50 UTC
Its actually more the N3 vs Southern Russians war.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Damasi DeFanel
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2013-12-22 19:23:46 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
goons shoot people because they're goons, and everyone hates goons because they're goons.

tl;dr goons. (possibly even prefixed with grr)

+1 for making what could be a multi page dissertation of nullsec war.... into a single line summary that makes PERFECT sense
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-12-22 19:27:45 UTC
Spartacus Batiatis wrote:
Hi

i am fairly new to alliance warfare and i have been following the recent news about the CFC vs N3 war but i can't seem to understand the reasons behind this war, the actual participants and their roles and the outstanding thing about it.

Thanks.

goons are fighting to make all of nullsec "blue" as in, the same coalition.

n3 is the alliance that is preventing that from happening.

basically: goons are the carebears
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2013-12-22 19:28:58 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:
Its actually more the N3 vs Southern Russians war.

Russians gave up a long time ago, the ones who arent putting bullets to their heads are the alts of the CEOs. its all goons throwing subcap and dread blobs hoping slowcats get caught outside of grid so they get killed.
WarFireV
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-12-22 20:02:02 UTC  |  Edited by: WarFireV
I can give you a little run down in short bulletins.

• A coalition of southern alliances made up of mostly Russian alliances of -DD-, Solar Fleet, -A-, Darkness, and what is left of Stainwagon, where preparing an assault on Nulli held renter regions.

• Nulli found out about this and preemptively struck back against -A- sov (a shadow of the alliance it once was, but still allied with -DD-)

• Then the Russians, like they tend to do, did an over reaching announcement and claimed that their goal would be to whip out all of Nulli, NCdot, and PL space. This got all of the N3 + PL involed.

• Black Legion thru there lot in with the Southern Coalition as they have beef with NcDot and PL, who a month before killed most of their super fleet.

• CFC deployed a hand full of alliances in support of the southern coalition, while also saying they where just a third party. They never where.

• Besides one initial station lost by N3, very little progress was made by either side. N3 then tried and failed to do a head shot against RUSs staging system.

• After a few weeks a few other CFC alliance (Gents, Fcon, Co2) deployed to drone region systems held by NcDot and Nulli renters. In responds N3 member EMP deployed back to the drone region as well.

• The CFC forces in the drone region made alot of gains, but were unable to gain any station systems. EMP where then able to rally local allies as well as a few smaller N3 alliances and reversed all of the drone region gains the CFC forces where able to make.

• At this point the CFC decided to go "all in" on the southern war. Most alliances in the CFC have redeployed down south.

• With there enemy defeated EMP has gone on the offensive and laid out plans to attack GENTs sov/pos/CSAA

• Also some stuff has been going in in Fountain, but it hasn't had much of an impacted on the war overall.

So far most of the war has been a mostly a stalemate, with some recent gains by N3PL due mostly to stupidity of some of the southern alliances.

Right now most are waiting to see if the CFC and RUS can actually deploy their Omega Fleet, a dread fleet made of mostly naglfars. The first time it was used against the N3 slowcat fleet, it was met with sphere v1.0. The battle ended with more dreads dead then carriers and the node crashing.

Now N3PL have Wrecking Ball fleet, a counter to the Omega Fleet. So it remains to be seen when we might see another massive capital battle.
WarFireV
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-12-22 20:05:55 UTC
Oh Also

GRRRSLOWCATS
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#10 - 2013-12-22 20:14:17 UTC
N3 exists to destroy the CFC, according to progodlegend

however, in reality, ncdot

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#11 - 2013-12-22 20:20:34 UTC
1. First the Earth cooled, then the Dinosaurs came and ate everything.
2. This caused God to rain down meteors and smash the Dinosaurs into oil.
3. The Arabs came and hoarded all the oil, which leaves us in the current stalemate.....

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Leigh Akiga
Kuhri Innovations
#12 - 2013-12-22 20:26:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Leigh Akiga
Hi

Thanks.

Last year Pandemic Legion used a massive blob consisting of TEST Alliance, Northern Coalition dot and Nulli Secunda along with assorted pets and tag-alongs to displace a russian alliance from the area of space where they normally live.

The CFC is secure in their holdings and really doesnt have anything to do so they are helping this russian group try to reclaim their homeland. And as the defenders of freedom and truth and fun and free-wheeling PVP in the EVE Universe they dislike N3 anyways.

N3 tactics are to drop a massive blob of capitals (called: The Sphere) onto sovereignty structures, repair them and get out, log off and play Battlefield 4. They do not like to play EVE but they like the passive income they get from a rental empire so they maintain it through "Blob" tactics like this.

This does not sit right with the CFC who seeks PVP content for their pilots so they are attacking N3. Currently the whole thing is stalemated.
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#13 - 2013-12-22 21:04:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Leigh Akiga wrote:
Hi

Thanks.

Last year Pandemic Legion used a massive blob consisting of TEST Alliance, Northern Coalition dot and Nulli Secunda along with assorted pets and tag-alongs to displace a russian alliance from the area of space where they normally live.

The CFC is secure in their holdings and really doesnt have anything to do so they are helping this russian group try to reclaim their homeland. And as the defenders of freedom and truth and fun and free-wheeling PVP in the EVE Universe they dislike N3 anyways.

N3 tactics are to drop a massive blob of capitals (called: The Sphere) onto sovereignty structures, repair them and get out, log off and play Battlefield 4. They do not like to play EVE but they like the passive income they get from a rental empire so they maintain it through "Blob" tactics like this.

This does not sit right with the CFC who seeks PVP content for their pilots so they are attacking N3. Currently the whole thing is stalemated.

Wait, what

Somehow this sounds like it should be the other way around, the cfc hate fun, and ncdot only goes places where there is action

CFC are justt dirty blobbers, while Vince Draken, Progodlegend and Grath are these erudite and amazingly handsome golden boys of elite pvp who fight for a nonblue eve

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#14 - 2013-12-22 21:07:47 UTC
Hi

Thanks.

The reason for the latest attempt at grabbing more ingame revenues by goons?
There letters: Start with an R, end with a T.
It is never enough for this crew.
Leigh Akiga
Kuhri Innovations
#15 - 2013-12-22 21:24:16 UTC
It should be noted that a stalemate is quite typical for these kinds of Big Bloc wars with many thousands of pilots involved. The stalemate will last until the meta changes in some way.

Meta in EVE refers to the 'meta game.' Which are layers of unseen things that happen behind the scenes like political maneuvers, infiltration, sabotage, fleet doctrines, nerfs, buffs, spies, etc.

Somebody gets mad at someone else and takes their ball and goes home, a spy robs an alliance doing catastrophic damage, leadership suffers burnout and begins neglecting things causing big gains for their enemies.

A spy disbands your alliance, a large capital fleet is caught and destroyed causing catastrophic damage and morale loss, timers are blue-balled causing morale loss and pilot inactivity, fleet participation suffers. These are the unseen things that happen in a sovereignty war and are not easily documented or tracked. They are written in the annals of history after the fact.

And these are the things that make EVE great Smile
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2013-12-22 22:00:37 UTC
I like that our PL spokesman here actually thinks he's faced the actual Omegafleet. Heh.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2013-12-22 22:02:15 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Hi

Thanks.

The reason for the latest attempt at grabbing more ingame revenues by goons?
There letters: Start with an R, end with a T.
It is never enough for this crew.

Them's some serious allegations there. You got any proof?

Leigh Akiga
Kuhri Innovations
#18 - 2013-12-22 22:02:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Leigh Akiga
Interesting things are in motion in that Insidious Empire (EMP) has declared their intention to begin attacking Gentlemens Agreement (GENTS) space. GENTS are a member of the CFC and CFC space has not been directly under attack as long as I have been playing this game.

EMP is a proxy of Pandemic Legion in that Phreeze the leader of EMP was/is a long-time member of Pandemic Legion who also likes to do his own thing. However- EMP cannot and will not operate without the explicit approval of Pandemic Legion because they live and die by the support of the PL capital fleet.

Much the same way that N3 does. Now during the recent activities of CFC alliances in the northeast- attacking N3 assets and sovereign space in Kalevala, Perrigen Falls and Etherium Reach. The CFC alliances studiously avoided attacking Brothers of Tangra assets. Brothers of Tangra is Pandemic Legions renter alliance.

This is because of an old NIP- which stands for non-invasion or non-infrastructure agreement between PL and the CFC which hearkens back to the OTEC days. Now it seems like PL is looking for the door on that agreement by backing EMP if they do attack CFC sovereign space.

If CFC space came under real threat I would expect the CFC to deploy north and crush EMP, maybe even evict them from Cobalt Edge as well. Northern Coalition. and Pandemic Legion would immediately follow to protect Brothers of Tangra space leaving Nulli Secunda in the south to burn.

All of this is of course theory and conjecture but it will be interesting to see what happens in the new year Smile
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2013-12-22 22:07:47 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
EMP seems to think that just because RAZOR gave them CE without a fight, other CFC alliances will do the same.

Also we have an agreement with PL. We don't attack BoT, they don't attack PBLRD.

Garandras
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2013-12-22 22:12:05 UTC
WarFireV wrote:
I can give you a little run down in short bulletins.

A LOT OF WORDS!

Now N3PL have Wrecking Ball fleet, a counter to the Omega Fleet. So it remains to be seen when we might see another massive capital battle.

This is probally the most accurate account of the war so far.. I am too interested in seeing the Omega Vs Wreaking ball battle.. but I fear it will jsut end in N3. dropping a bunch of Titans.

I think the worst thing about this war so far.. is it at a No fun stage.. N3. are doing the tatically smart thing of Carrier Blobs and Ceptor spam.. neither of which you can really get a stright fight with.. it makes me sad when i join a CTA fleet and N3 only has carriers and ceptors... and I thought the Goons were meant to be the No Fun mob
12Next page