These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

On the 11th day of x-mas the Yule-lads gave to me....

Author
Thatt Guy
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-12-22 00:27:54 UTC
Space Barbie dress-up crap!

Haters gonna hate, Trolls gonna troll.

Iudicium Vastus
Doomheim
#2 - 2013-12-22 00:30:19 UTC
I actually kinda like the esquire coats. Selling the female items (no ladies amongst my 6 characters), but keeping the male clothes to use.

[u]Nerf stabs/cloaks in FW?[/u] No, just.. -Fit more points -Fit faction points -Bring a friend or two with points (an alt is fine too)

Iko Fumimasa
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-12-22 00:32:02 UTC
well, looking at how you look, you can use both of the gifts today...

"We are pod pilots. We're the Joneses of outer space. So long as they make me decent sandwiches and stay the **** out of my face, my crew is doing their job." - Logical 101

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#4 - 2013-12-22 00:38:20 UTC
Thatt Guy wrote:

So you complain when they give you useless stuff. You complain when they give you useful stuff. You complain when they give you novelty trinkets. You complain when they give you valuables.

What would it take to make you not complain, short of biomassing?
Remiel Pollard
Shock Treatment Ministries
#5 - 2013-12-22 00:42:47 UTC
Thatt Guy wrote:

I get the feeling that CCP wants me to create a female alt...

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Thatt Guy
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2013-12-22 00:44:08 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Thatt Guy wrote:

So you complain when they give you useless stuff. You complain when they give you useful stuff. You complain when they give you novelty trinkets. You complain when they give you valuables.

What would it take to make you not complain, short of biomassing?

Not complaining, just calling crappy space barbie dress-up stuff crappy. :P

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#7 - 2013-12-22 00:45:46 UTC
Thatt Guy wrote:
Not complaining, just calling crappy space barbie dress-up stuff crappy.
Iow, complaining.

So what would it take to make you not complain?
Jarod Garamonde
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-12-22 00:47:27 UTC
I'm kind of annoyed that my male character can't wear the female clothes.
What if I want to be fabulous?

Seriously, though... we should get avatar items for all the Christmas and Anniversary gifts, from now on. There aren't enough choices.

As for OP.... dude, now the Yule Lads can't eat you. You should be thanking CCP for saving your life.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Bel Tika
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2013-12-22 00:52:23 UTC
im a look sexy dieing now :D
I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
#10 - 2013-12-22 00:53:49 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

Seriously, though... we should get avatar items for all the Christmas and Anniversary gifts, from now on. There aren't enough choices.

As for OP.... dude, now the Yule Lads can't eat you. You should be thanking CCP for saving your life.

Would be kind of weird wearing a dress with that masculine of a character. Lol
Thatt Guy
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2013-12-22 00:54:26 UTC
Well, I admit these are better than the t1 drones, but if your not into playing space dress-up it's pretty useless. Just sayin.

Fanboys:
"OMG, a person that doesn't agree with me, ATTACK!'

Bel Tika
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2013-12-22 00:56:51 UTC
i really wannae lick you, can i lick you? u look like a vanilla icecream cone tbh
Thatt Guy
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2013-12-22 00:58:06 UTC
Bel Tika wrote:
i really wannae lick you, can i lick you? u look like a vanilla icecream cone tbh

Vanilla shampoo and body wash, I smell tasty too!

Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#14 - 2013-12-22 00:59:07 UTC
Thatt Guy wrote:
Well, I admit these are better than the t1 drones, but if your not into playing space dress-up it's pretty useless. Just sayin.

Fanboys:

Well, there are plenty of people who spend isk each month on clothes....the t-shirts, jackets and shirts etc I get, but a surprising amount of people buy shoes, which no one actually sees
Jarod Garamonde
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2013-12-22 01:07:06 UTC
I Love Boobies wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

Well, I'm that masculine, IRL, and it doesn't stop me there, either.

Seriously, I'm not even joking. I pulled a tour in Korea, back in my Army days. Went to the St. Barbara's Day Ball as the one date of two female medics. Both accompanied me back to my barracks room, afterwards.
Now, my First Sergeant demanded a Class A uniform inspection, the next day... the redhead forgot she had opted for the skirt when she scooped up her things the next morning, and accidentally took my trousers. My ONLY pair of Class A trousers.... leaving me with her skirt. Which I wore to the inspection, as though everything was completely normal.

First Sergeant nearly had a stroke when he saw me, and had to go to his office to prevent a career-ending incident.
From within his office, he asked me one question, and one question only: "Dare I ask what you're wearing under that skirt?"
I promptly and assertively replied: "Socks, First Sergeant!"
It was at that point that he knew EXACTLY what kind of Forward Observer he was dealing with.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#16 - 2013-12-22 01:08:41 UTC
Thatt Guy wrote:
So really, your problem is a lack of imagination and inventiveness, which isn't something CCP can fix. You have to overcome that disability on your own.
Thatt Guy
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2013-12-22 01:19:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Thatt Guy
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
I Love Boobies wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

Well, I'm that masculine, IRL, and it doesn't stop me there, either.

Seriously, I'm not even joking. I pulled a tour in Korea, back in my Army days. Went to the St. Barbara's Day Ball as the one date of two female medics. Both accompanied me back to my barracks room, afterwards.
Now, my First Sergeant demanded a Class A uniform inspection, the next day... the redhead forgot she had opted for the skirt when she scooped up her things the next morning, and accidentally took my trousers. My ONLY pair of Class A trousers.... leaving me with her skirt. Which I wore to the inspection, as though everything was completely normal.

First Sergeant nearly had a stroke when he saw me, and had to go to his office to prevent a career-ending incident.
From within his office, he asked me one question, and one question only: "Dare I ask what you're wearing under that skirt?"
I promptly and assertively replied: "Socks, First Sergeant!"
It was at that point that he knew EXACTLY what kind of Forward Observer he was dealing with.

That reminds me of something....

Edit: P.S. Thank you for your service o7

Utremi Fasolasi
La Dolce Vita
#18 - 2013-12-22 01:19:04 UTC
Iudicium Vastus wrote:
I actually kinda like the esquire coats. Selling the female items (no ladies amongst my 6 characters), but keeping the male clothes to use.

I think they look too Amarrian and cover up too much.

I could use something sexy like a skimpy harem vest. Big smile
Utremi Fasolasi
La Dolce Vita
#19 - 2013-12-22 01:21:35 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

Actually it's their mother's cat you have to worry about.

Genius way for Icelandic mothers to keep the lil Vikings from complaining about socks or sweaters as presents.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#20 - 2013-12-22 01:23:27 UTC
Rhivre wrote:
Thatt Guy wrote:

Fanboys:

Well, there are plenty of people who spend isk each month on clothes....the t-shirts, jackets and shirts etc I get, but a surprising amount of people buy shoes, which no one actually sees

Well, people /can/ see the shoes, if you go for the view full body option.

Tuck your tshirt in, you look scruffy Blink

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

123Next page