These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ships used for incursions these days?

Author
Kallen Kozukie
Channel Six News
#1 - 2013-12-21 18:30:06 UTC
Hi folks.

I have not run an Incursion site since.... ohhh the year they came out , just curious if someone can point me in the direction of the current incursion communities, and what ships are generally used these days, i can fly almost anything amarr or caldari, save battleships.

Thanks in advance,
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#2 - 2013-12-21 18:47:16 UTC
Kallen Kozukie wrote:
Hi folks.

I have not run an Incursion site since.... ohhh the year they came out , just curious if someone can point me in the direction of the current incursion communities, and what ships are generally used these days, i can fly almost anything amarr or caldari, save battleships.

Thanks in advance,

Depends on what you want.
But these days, most people are flying shields, and you should check in the ISN secondary channel as a starting place,.
If you are an armour guy, check in the "The Ditanian Fleet" channel.
Kate stark
#3 - 2013-12-21 18:57:44 UTC
nightmare, vindicator, machariel, basilisk, scimitar, or go home.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Aivo Dresden
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-12-21 19:01:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Aivo Dresden
I've done incursions with ISN, TVP and TDF. From experience, I can tell you the following:

In the shield fleets you see a fair few Machariels, Nightmares and Vindicators.
Logi is usually Scimitars complimented with a Basilisk here and there. As far as I noticed, Scimitars are preferred over Basilisks.

For armor fleets it's usually Vindicators, Navy Apocs, Navy Megas, maybe a legion, .... Logi here is usually Guardians and Oneiros'

If you want more info on incursions, you should probably have a look here: LINK. Goldiiee has done a great job in getting all the info in one thread.

Each community has a dedicated chat channel and will probably have a few mailing lists with suggested ships and fittings. While some mayb be flexible on that, most communities want you to fly that fit because that's the one that works best for them.

If you plan on going logistics, keep in mind that you will have a rough time getting an invite if you do not have Logistics 5. That skill is pretty much mandatory.
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#5 - 2013-12-22 21:39:48 UTC
Kallen Kozukie wrote:
, i can fly almost anything amarr or caldari, save battleships.

Most people fly battleships.