These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Make the Application to an Alliance easier

Author
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#1 - 2013-12-20 18:11:08 UTC
As stated in the title the application to an alliance should made easier and faster.

Currently you need to locate the alliance you want to join in the alliance ranking among all the alliances in the game. That's cumbersome.

There should be at least an option in the right click context menu for CEOs int he search results when you look up alliances/things in the peoples & places window. Or even a button in the alliance info window.

Tags: alliance, application, alliance application, app, join

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Xialk
Malicious Intentions
#2 - 2013-12-23 09:02:09 UTC
Agreed, it is not consistent with other menus in EVE any more.
Francis Podkill
Podkill Consolidated
#3 - 2013-12-23 09:10:41 UTC
This is actually pretty much a "hidden feature".

Afaik there's no other way of joining an alliance besides finding it in the list of "all alliances" and joining from there.
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#4 - 2013-12-28 10:47:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
I'm convinced that this essential feature should not remain a hidden feature for which you need a treasure map to find it.

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Electrique Wizard
Mutually Lucrative Business Proposals
#5 - 2013-12-28 13:15:05 UTC
Is there even a normal way to do this or am I just dumb?

I am the Zodiac, I am the stars, You are the sorceress, my priestess of Mars, Queen of the night, swathed in satin black, Your ivory flesh upon my torture rack.

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#6 - 2013-12-28 13:35:00 UTC
I don't know any other way than this. It's not even mentioned in the Wiki (https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Alliance) where you need to look after the application option. I tried all other ways like the white square in the alliance info window, right clicking in the search results but there's nothing. So in my opinion the current situation is definitely suboptimal and in (dire) need of change.