These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

CFC Declares War on N3.

First post
Author
Rumtin
Imperium Technologies
#1 - 2013-12-15 13:21:38 UTC
I was a little surprised this wasn't already posted. The Mittani recently posted on his news sight a new doctrine involving Dreadnaughts.

http://themittani.com/news/gsf-ceo-update-omegafleet-rising-0

It is unclear if were going to see any sov transfers or not, but its clear things between the CFC and N3 just got hotter.

~Rumtin
Kate stark
#2 - 2013-12-15 13:27:58 UTC
it probably wasn't posted due to how few people really care. also the "honourable third parties" was pretty much already a war declaration.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2013-12-15 13:41:40 UTC
I'm actually a lot closer to being able to fly a Nag than I thought I was. I can't wait.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Rumtin
Imperium Technologies
#4 - 2013-12-15 13:45:21 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
it probably wasn't posted due to how few people really care. also the "honourable third parties" was pretty much already a war declaration.

I can't argue against the intentions of the honourable thrid party act. However, this is now offical.
Iain Higgins
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-12-15 13:45:42 UTC
Kate stark wrote:

few peoples should care, there is easy time to take some moons from cfc(i know its not lucrative like rentier empire but still)
maybe even TEST should harass Fountain residents?:)
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#6 - 2013-12-15 13:53:27 UTC
CCP, I need that jump capable Mega BPO now more than ever.
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-12-15 14:01:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Pinky Hops
For all intents and purposes pretty much everybody I know already considered them to be at war.

Anything other than that is just a formality and thus, not really news.

It's kind of like the big. pouty, teary-eyed bully declaring that "now he's serious" after getting bloodied a few times. Kind of childish.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#8 - 2013-12-15 14:04:46 UTC
Wondered when this would happen.

Nice timing on the CFC's part, though. Now N3 will have to face full scale war and not a bunch of pussyfooting around, right during the holidays. Should be interesting to watch.

Although, this does make me wonder. Will the Russians become a CFC vassal state after this? In particular, how will N3's territory get divided up after it's over?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Anna Karhunen
Inoue INEXP
#9 - 2013-12-15 14:05:20 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
CCP, I need that jump capable Mega BPO now more than ever.

If that ever becomes reality, it should be called Gigathron.

As my old maths teacher used to say: "Statistics are like bikinis: It's what they don't show that's interesting". -CCP Aporia

Rumtin
Imperium Technologies
#10 - 2013-12-15 14:24:26 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
In particular, how will N3's territory get divided up after it's over?

I think ill reserve judgment before claiming who will turn out on top.
Prince Kobol
#11 - 2013-12-15 14:25:28 UTC
You forgot to mention that slowcats are bad Blink
Prince Kobol
#12 - 2013-12-15 14:26:14 UTC
and drone assist Big smile
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#13 - 2013-12-15 14:26:47 UTC
Rumtin wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

You know, upon thinking it over, I think the real winners here are the Russians.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2013-12-15 14:30:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Pinky Hops
Prince Kobol wrote:
You forgot to mention that slowcats are bad Blink

Well, to some people, anything that counters CFC is "bad." Straight

Back in my day, people could counter fleets without crying.

Mittani's post was pretty pathetic, really.

Basically he was describing a planned counter (good thing) while simultaneously crying about how he shouldn't have to go through any effort to devise a counter (pathetic).

Have some basic respect for your enemies. Intelligent people don't use crappy strategies and tactics. That would be stupidity - not intelligence. To talk down to your enemies because they use strong tactics is backwards.
Prince Kobol
#15 - 2013-12-15 14:31:45 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Rumtin wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

You know, upon thinking it over, I think the real winners here are the Russians.

Yep.. right until they are reset and then completely and utterly destroyed as their resources will be depleted and their players burnt out.

I mean, Goons and Russians have so much respect and love for each other and do not harbour any ill feelings at all towards each other
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#16 - 2013-12-15 14:35:02 UTC
Quote:
Have some basic respect for your enemies.

In EVE?

And I mean, even otherwise, like it's been reciprocated?

I must say, I am NOT a Goon. But why on earth would you possibly expect them to treat N3 respectfully? Or vice versa for that matter?

Best Meltdown Ever.

Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2013-12-15 14:40:16 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:

In EVE?

I must say, I am NOT a Goon. But why on earth would you possibly expect them to treat N3 respectfully? Or vice versa for that matter?

You're exaggerating. I wasn't suggesting you need to bow down to your enemies and bullshit like that....But to spend half of your "war declaration" post crying about how the enemies are using strong strategies and tactics is just Roll.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#18 - 2013-12-15 14:42:15 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:

Have some basic respect for your enemies. Intelligent people don't use crappy strategies and tactics. That would be stupidity - not intelligence. To talk down to your enemies because they use strong tactics is backwards.

Smart people will take advantage of terribly balanced things if it gives them an edgeBlink

The carrier fleet we are going to destroy is immune to all subcap fleets. We are yet again fighting a capital blob that threatens all of EVE.
Victoria Sin
Doomheim
#19 - 2013-12-15 14:44:26 UTC
Fantastic.

War is good for business. Lol
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#20 - 2013-12-15 14:45:16 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:

In EVE?

You're exaggerating. I wasn't suggesting you need to bow down to your enemies and bullshit like that....But to spend half of your "war declaration" post crying about how the enemies are using strong strategies and tactics is just Roll.

Meh. You're judging all of them by the obvious propaganda/bravado post of their leader. I heard pretty much the same crap being spouted off by TEST and N3 during the Fountain war.

Goons don't have a monopoly on bullshitting stump speeches, and to act like it's just them out there doing this is quite simply hypocrisy.

Best Meltdown Ever.

123Next pageLast page