These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Bounty system FIX!!

Author
Ambassadeur Ur-Shulgi
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2011-11-06 01:53:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Ambassadeur Ur-Shulgi
Hi I have been playing EvE since 2006, and the bounty system has been broken as long as I can remeber haha... 5 years counting lol..Oops

The bounty system has too me always had, alot of Potential, but the mechanics are just way to easy to exploit... The number one thing is that you shoot yourself for the bounty... effectivly robbing your victims Twice Sad

To fix this I have 4 sugestions that would make it much harder to grief the system.

1. To claim bounties your Corporation must apply for a bounty hunter license, and all your members must have a positive security status 0,0-1,0. This gives you the right to shoot anyone with negative sec status without you losing your own. You can even Pop them in highsec with no risk, and I would actually go so far as too say that if they shoot back at you concord comes and helps you out...

2. As soon as you do a criminal act (suicide ganking, shooting people in low sec, poding etc) you get an instant negative sec status and you become wanted (not ISK reward wanted but you can now be shoot at by bounty corps.. even in highsec). (the drop for shooting people in low sec should be the same as it is today, but for shooting people in highsec you instantly drop to negative even if you have +0,5 before you suicided)

3. When you place a bounty on a player you also select the Bounty hunter corp(or corps) that will get the reward for shooting this player. And even if that player gets shoot multiple times the Bounty stayes on him, untill the corps with the ingame contract kills him and claims the reward. Even if he gets his sec status back up the contract lets the bounty corp(corps) have permenent killrights on him untill he gets his punishment...

4. Bounties claimed goes to the bounty hunter corps Wallet. So joining a bounty hunter corp (with an alt) that are after you (if you can figure out who they are) might still not get you the ISK.. as it goes to the corp wallet.

If smuggling gets fixed bounty hunter corps... should be able to get a special Scanner from the Concord LP store too scan and police would be smugglers ( but this is an added feture if that system ever gets fixed).

What this system would do is make Highsec alot safer (would also force griefers into low sec and maybe even into 0,0 making those areas more populated). Good Bounty hunter corps, with nice killboard stats and a good reputation for not being corrupt... A bunch of PODS with Clones with no implants is a sure give away that they are not legit for example...
ThisIsntMyMain
Doomheim
#2 - 2011-11-06 02:05:16 UTC
Ambassadeur Ur-Shulgi wrote:
What this system would do is make Highsec alot safer (would also force griefers into low sec and maybe even into 0,0 making those areas more populated).

No - it wouldn't.

The bounty system is just plain broken and your suggestions wont fix it.

Ambassadeur Ur-Shulgi
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2011-11-06 02:30:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Ambassadeur Ur-Shulgi
ThisIsntMyMain wrote:
Ambassadeur Ur-Shulgi wrote:
What this system would do is make Highsec alot safer (would also force griefers into low sec and maybe even into 0,0 making those areas more populated).

No - it wouldn't.

The bounty system is just plain broken and your suggestions wont fix it.

did you even read the post? Take away the griefing potential ( shooting yourself for the bounty) that is what needs too be done.. and this system will be MUCH MUCH harder to exploit then the one we have today...

Also suicide ganking would not bee that fun In JITA when you have 5 diffrent bounty hunter corps just waiting to POD you and your friends when you attack.... Or try and steal from the loot... and your corp mates cant shoot back as concord will help kill them...

Most bounty hunter corps will probably have Killboards up showing they are to be trusted and can kill the person you place the bounty on... They want bigger bounties for More ISK.. So its in there interest to work up trust in the comunity... So the people who place the bounties PICK their corp over all the others for the JOBB....

Remeber having a bounty Licence also gives you the Right to shoot negative status players were ever you want.. Nice PERK... they wont get bounties on them unless people have placed put up one for them on that player... But they still get too shoot him..
Ambassadeur Ur-Shulgi
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2011-11-06 02:56:20 UTC
The best thing with the system though is that it lets the comunity effectivly POLICE itself...

Take the ICE suicide ganking of late for example... Had this system been in place The ICE belts would be swarming with Bounty hunter corps looking for easy kills... Goons would have had to bring even more guns to get the JOBB done. And if they get shoot down after the first gank they would not have had an easy time getting back to highsec.. Untill they grinded up there sec status... As hungry bounty hunters would be lurking on the gates to shoot them... and getting Concord fire power to back them up... And the angry ICE miners would probably place bounties on them.. so even if they get the sec up, the bounty corps now have Killrights on them...

This could have made for some Interesting gameplay...
As it is now ( I dont mine ICE myself I hate mining) We have to Wardec the goons to do the same, and there are More RISK for us to do so) If you hade bounty hunter corps the players in those corps know what they are getting into... plus they have an advantage against the criminals in highsec) Also the suicide gankers can come from any NPC corp or setup corp making it next to Impossible to Enforce law and order...

This system gives US the players the Ability to STRIKE BACK.... against Criminal ellements in the comunity... And I think EvE needs it "Action gives a Reaction"

EvE today you can grief, suicide gank, and act like you well dam please and you never have to take responsibility for your actions. That is not how the real world works... And if CCP wants eve to be "EvE is REAL" they need to start giving people that want law and order the tools to PUNISH psycopaths, Serial killers and Homicidal maniacs...