These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

EVE MOVIE OR SERIES, MAYBE BOTH?

Author
Dangirdas Bachir
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-11-28 21:37:57 UTC
Now, just freaking imagine a movie about the EVE universe. Can you imagine that? Can you imagine how much money CCP would have made? The Jove lore by itself is worthy enough of a movie. Maybe a series? Because a movie wouldn't really give justice for how great and big the lore for EVE is. I am secretly having fetishes about this happening. Anyone else agrees?

EVE EVE STARGALACTIC CITY B I T C H

KuroVolt
The Legion of Spoon
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#2 - 2013-11-28 21:39:52 UTC
A series is rumoured to be in the works.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Jarod Garamonde
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-11-28 21:40:02 UTC
Dangirdas Bachir wrote:
Now, just freaking imagine a movie about the EVE universe. Can you imagine that? Can you imagine how much money CCP would have made? The Jove lore by itself is worthy enough of a movie. Maybe a series? Because a movie wouldn't really give justice for how great and big the lore for EVE is. I am secretly having fetishes about this happening. Anyone else agrees?

You're late to the party. It's already happening.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Dangirdas Bachir
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2013-11-28 21:41:28 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Dangirdas Bachir wrote:

You're late to the party. It's already happening.

W00T GIVE ME THE INFO NOW ASAP OMFG

Seven Koskanaiken
Sons Of Saints
#5 - 2013-11-28 21:43:04 UTC
I think it would be boring, the characters can't even leave home.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#6 - 2013-11-28 21:45:12 UTC
Seven Koskanaiken wrote:

It can be a sitcom.
Dangirdas Bachir
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-11-28 21:45:22 UTC
Seven Koskanaiken wrote:

Maybe they are enclosed right now, but if we could see the creation of the Jovians and the progress they made while doing all their experiments. Now that would be epic. 10/10 would drivel on my D.

Icarus Able
Refuse.Resist
#8 - 2013-11-28 21:50:43 UTC
It'll be decent. But the books probably have done better justice than the series will.
Dangirdas Bachir
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-11-28 21:53:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Dangirdas Bachir
Icarus Able wrote:
It'll be decent. But the books probably have done better justice than the series will.

The books always do more justice, most of the time. I just imagine a big picture corp picking up and funding the idea. That could be made into some radical stuff! The thing with EVE is that it would require quite a bug budget order to make it good. The amount of CGI required is over 9000.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#10 - 2013-11-28 21:55:25 UTC
A show is only as good as it's writers. I'll withhold judgement for now as to how 'awesome' it would be.

In any case, no one that plays the game will like it. It's just the way these things work.

Mr Epeen Cool
Leigh Akiga
Kuhri Innovations
#11 - 2013-11-28 21:57:25 UTC
Theres already an EVE sitcom here

Well, almost.. (its a podcast) should be a sitcom though Lol
Dangirdas Bachir
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-11-28 21:58:56 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
A show is only as good as it's writers. I'll withhold judgement for now as to how 'awesome' it would be.

In any case, no one that plays the game will like it. It's just the way these things work.

Mr Epeen Cool

Wait what, no one that plays the game will like it? What are you implying Mr Espeen Bear

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#13 - 2013-11-28 22:06:34 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Seven Koskanaiken wrote:

It can be a sitcom.

big bang theory - IN SPACE

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Djana Libra
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#14 - 2013-11-28 22:34:37 UTC
one wonders if the doors will open in the series
Tul Breetai
Impromptu Asset Requisition
#15 - 2013-11-28 22:37:58 UTC
Dangirdas Bachir wrote:

I wanna see a New Order film.

There's nothing worse than an EVE player, generally considered to be top of the food chain in the MMO world, that cannot smacktalk with wit and coherency.

Dangirdas Bachir
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2013-11-28 22:42:46 UTC
Djana Libra wrote:
one wonders if the doors will open in the series

Are you mad? Myth says that if a door ever opens it will be the Ragnarok of New Eden.

Scatim Helicon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#17 - 2013-11-28 22:44:34 UTC
Films and TV shows based on games have been, virtually without exception, awful.

I remain curious but sceptical.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Cygnet Lythanea
World Welfare Works Association
#18 - 2013-11-29 00:10:19 UTC
We'll get Liam Neeson as TheMittani,

"UNLEASH THE THREADNOUGHT!"
KuroVolt
The Legion of Spoon
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#19 - 2013-11-29 01:05:21 UTC
Only if Chibba can be played by Vin Diesel.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Cygnet Lythanea
World Welfare Works Association
#20 - 2013-11-29 01:32:13 UTC
KuroVolt wrote:
Only if Chibba can be played by Vin Diesel.

I've always seen Chribba as better played by Martin Sheen. Or maybe William Shatner. Depends on the script.
12Next page