These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EvEMarketHistoryDump 1.61 is out

Author
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#1 - 2013-11-25 16:09:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaerah Vahrokha
After a lot of tecnical issues with my website's downloader and various colorful moments upgrading the software to be compatible with Rubicon, I am glad to announce the immediate availability of the newest version of EvEMarketHistoryDump.

Edit: please always refer to the posts at the bottom of the thread, those are the updated ones.

I have written a short article about how to download and upgrade it. Tthat article includes links to install and usage instructions.

For reference, the original EvEMarketHistoryDump launch thread is located here.

If you have any issues, feel free to post your questions here.
James Hawkwood
TOPKEK
#2 - 2013-12-01 11:29:36 UTC
Great work again, Vaerah, but I was wondering you you could post the .wsp template again? I can't seem to find it on your site.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#3 - 2013-12-01 11:46:28 UTC
James Hawkwood wrote:
Great work again, Vaerah, but I was wondering you you could post the .wsp template again? I can't seem to find it on your site.

Sure, I'll need some time to do that, as I am totally busy following the PLEX for good donations initiatives I am involved into: VAERT, VAERT Boost, Rhivre's raffle, AC155's trillion ISK and Rykker Bow's T2 BPO auction.
James Hawkwood
TOPKEK
#4 - 2013-12-01 12:40:37 UTC
No problem whatsoever. Thanks again for the work you're doing for the community. It can't be stated enough.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#5 - 2013-12-01 23:05:50 UTC
Hello,

I have fixed the Multicharts workspace download. It got broken some time ago when the previous downloader plug in stopped working after a website engine update.

Here's the updated workspace download location.

If you need further instructions please don't hesitate asking!
James Hawkwood
TOPKEK
#6 - 2013-12-02 09:42:36 UTC
It would appear I'll have to bug you again.

I'm having issues getting the .csv files created by running the Market Dump software. Perhaps I've not read the instructions clearly. The issue isn't getting the instruments into the Multicharts program, I've found the way to do it by using the example Mexallon data.

I've download the Market Dump software, unzipped it and adjusted the paths in the settings files to match my own folders.

I press 'export data' in-game, after which I run the Market Dump file.
The prompt that appears and instantly disappears states: reading configuration file - deleting old records.

Could you explain to me how I need to install/use the Market Dump program in order to get the .csv files? I feel that I'm doing something wrong.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#7 - 2013-12-02 14:07:01 UTC
James Hawkwood wrote:

Could you explain to me how I need to install/use the Market Dump program in order to get the .csv files? I feel that I'm doing something wrong.

Have you read this tutorial?

Basically, if you are not a computer geek you are best to follow this canned path:

1) Open your EvE market window and click the tab that shows the charts. Set it to 1 year history.

2) Open the in game browser and go to the special page I have made to auto-scan the markets. The URL is in the tutorial above.

3) Move the windows so that you can press the buttons on that page.

4) Press the first button: "All minerals". It will cycle through all the minerals. Once you see "Tritanium" again, it means it fetched all the minerals. You only need to fetch them once a day tops (actually, only when you want to later export the data in a chart).
Press the button Stop next to "Stop the updates".

5) Now do the next button, wait for it to cycle (it'll take few seconds) and stop it as described above (Stop button).

6) Skip the "All PI - P1" button. In fact for the first import you need to import all the tiers (P1-P4) so go and press the "All PI - All tiers". It will take a long time to go through them all, when you see "Vaccines" again it means you are done and can press the stop button.

7) Press "All Misc", this time it'll take very little. Then stop it.

8) Quit all the EvE clients and the EvE Updater.

9) Make sure the EvEMarketHistoryDump output directory exists. By default it's set in the EvEMarketHistoryDumpOHLC.ini configuration file and it's set to:

E:/Temp/EvEDumps/

Replace it with your own and remember to use forward slashes instead of backslashes, because EvEMarketHistoryDump comes from a Unix background.
Important: the whole contents of that directory SHALL be completely deleted so make sure you specify a suitable directory.

10) Run the EvEMarketHistoryDumpOHLC.exe app. This time it should work.

It's very important you always have your game cache loaded with the markets history as indicated above, because EvEMarketHistoryDump will either find it and work, or will find missing data and silently abort.

Once you have done this first run, from now on you can:

1) Edit the configuration file to remove or add other markets.

2) Just update the subset of stuff you want. The other data will still be re-exported but stale. EvEMarketHistoryDump will find the stale data and it won't silently abort like if it did not find any data at all.

If you added markets not covered by my special in game browser web page then you will have to manually open them on your market window, one by one.

I.e. if you added "Silramic Fibers" in the ini file, every time you want to export its updated data, you'll have to open the in game market window, make sure it's showing the chart (else EvE won't fetch the history data!) and click / search for Silramic Fibers market till you see its chart being loaded. Then proceed as explained above.

Hope this will help you!
James Hawkwood
TOPKEK
#8 - 2013-12-03 15:53:22 UTC
I tried out a few things and followed your instructions.Things are up and running now. You provide a service that is a true treasure to this game.

Now I'll be able to actually read charts and start applying strategies to products.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#9 - 2013-12-03 16:31:11 UTC
James Hawkwood wrote:
I tried out a few things and followed your instructions.Things are up and running now. You provide a service that is a true treasure to this game.

Now I'll be able to actually read charts and start applying strategies to products.

Thank you!

If you need further assistance I'll be glad to help you as much as I can.
Deeds360
Awesome Holding Corporation
#10 - 2014-02-23 16:11:09 UTC
I recently restarted playing EvE and I really enjoyed using this tool in the past. Unfortunately, when I updated the tool I'm now getting the below callstack when executing the program.

Reading configuration file...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "EvEMarketHistoryDumpOHLC.py", line 111, in (module)
File "reverence\cache.pyc", line 259, in LoadCacheFolder
UnmarshalError: find_global failed to resolve: eve.common.script.universe.locationWrapper.SolarSystemWrapper
Exception TypeError: 'expected string or Unicode object, NoneType found' in (module 'threading' from 'D:\EveMarketHistoryDump\library.zip\threading.pyc') ignored

Does anybody have any thoughts on what to do to fix this?

Thanks!
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#11 - 2014-02-23 20:06:37 UTC
Deeds360 wrote:
I recently restarted playing EvE and I really enjoyed using this tool in the past. Unfortunately, when I updated the tool I'm now getting the below callstack when executing the program.

Reading configuration file...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "EvEMarketHistoryDumpOHLC.py", line 111, in (module)
File "reverence\cache.pyc", line 259, in LoadCacheFolder
UnmarshalError: find_global failed to resolve: eve.common.script.universe.locationWrapper.SolarSystemWrapper
Exception TypeError: 'expected string or Unicode object, NoneType found' in (module 'threading' from 'D:\EveMarketHistoryDump\library.zip\threading.pyc') ignored

Does anybody have any thoughts on what to do to fix this?

Thanks!

Hello,

As soon as I have the time I'll check if the program works as it should.

In the mean time you should clear the game cache, then quit it, relog, re-acquire all the market data (important: make sure you fetch the whole year), quit the EvE client again and then start EvEMarketHistoryDumpOHLC again.
Deeds360
#12 - 2014-02-23 20:27:05 UTC
Thanks a ton for agreeing to take a look. Unfortunately, clearing the cache and trying again wasn't able to solve the issue.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#13 - 2014-02-24 23:45:04 UTC
Deeds360 wrote:
Thanks a ton for agreeing to take a look. Unfortunately, clearing the cache and trying again wasn't able to solve the issue.

I have found out the latest patch broke the software.

It happens and will happen again every time CCP decide to change the format of their internal cache data.

Here's a link to a new version, 1.60.

Please test it. It runs on my computer but it took enough to update it that it might contain bugs.
Deeds360
#14 - 2014-02-25 01:54:16 UTC
It's working great for me now. Thanks a ton for taking a look!
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#15 - 2014-04-20 21:18:08 UTC
Hello,

CCP have changed their cache format once again.

Thanks to Entity's timely help, I have created a new release that works with the current EvE release.

Here is the article explaining version 1.6.1 and providing the download location.

Important notice:

unlike past versions, the software is delivered in a "dist" subfolder. It's important you unzip the files contained in that folder in the same place where the corresponding old version files were located.

Beware there's a "demo" .ini configuration file, so make sure to backup yours somewhere safe before unzipping the new version!