These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

lost loot

Author
Rodrigo Eto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-11-20 23:55:08 UTC
I have a quick question, I was doing a lvl 4 security and I left the new tractor beam unit there and I completed the mission and I cant warp back there, is there a way to retrieve it or should I just buy a new one?
Selaria Unbertable
Bellator in Capsulam
#2 - 2013-11-21 00:23:18 UTC
I don't know for how long they remain, but you should be able to scan it down using combat probes. It might still be there.
Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-11-21 00:27:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Abdiel Kavash
You can indeed scan them down using probes. According to the patch notes, they should remain in space for two days after deployment or last access.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-11-21 03:41:06 UTC
Just in case for future reference, always bookmark the landing beacon of mission areas.

DMC
Neor Deninard
Blackwater Coalition Forces
Harkonnen Federation
#5 - 2013-11-21 06:05:02 UTC
I haven't read up on these units (and realy should :)), but do they work as drones? ie. find an abandoned one and it's a loot pinjata? or?
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#6 - 2013-11-21 06:48:49 UTC
As someone already suggested, you can scan it down if you forget to bm it. It has a 2 day lifespan (that timer resets each time you access/empty its cargo bay). If someone else runs across one of yours (or you find someone elses for that matter), they/you can shot at it to destroy it and the loot from it drops (only incurs a suspect timer, no concord).

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."