These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

SOLVED: Salvage Drones not auto-salvaging

Author
Braynon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-11-20 16:43:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Braynon
In the description for Salvage Drones, it states:

Quote:
Once launched and given the order to salvage, this drone will automatically seek out your wrecks in the vicinity, salvage from them any useable materials and deposit those materials in your ship's cargohold.

I find that this is not true. Even set on 'Aggressive', Salvage Drones will turn idle even while in the middle of a field of wrecks. Instead, each wreck needs to be targeted and the Drones explicitly ordered to Salvage it.

Shouldn't these work like Mining Drones, with a command of 'Salvage Repeatedly'?

EDIT: I've been educated. For those searching and finding this, you need to right-click the drones and select "Salvage" before anything is targeted.

I still think that there needs to be a 'Salvage all' command however, just for when you've already targeted something. Or just like combat drones, they should engage the next viable target/wreck.
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#2 - 2013-11-20 16:51:33 UTC
will only autosalvage your wrecks i believe. Maybe your corp's wrecks, but i think just yours.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Snaggletooth Slackjaw
Banana Moon Industries
#3 - 2013-11-20 18:19:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Snaggletooth Slackjaw
White and blue wrecks will be salvaged if you just tell the drones to salvage without targeting anything.

Yellow wrecks have to be locked first.

CEO, Banana Moon Industries. Alliance Diplomat, Rim Worlds Protectorate

Goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#4 - 2013-11-20 18:42:39 UTC
I also found 'by accident' locking something they cant salvage ,can, rat, structure... and telling them to salvage also works to get them back working.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.