These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Inventing a Drake... take 2

First post
Author
Antisun
Without the Daystar
Dirty Bastards.
#1 - 2013-11-19 21:56:18 UTC
So trying to invent a drake.... and getting this error message "This job cannot result in an output blueprint. The reason might be that the metalevel of your input blueprint is too high or that there are no items in the same metagroup with a higher metalevel."

Only topic i can find on the issue is this a little out of date.

I assume this is supposed to be able to happen now because I can pick an output type.

What am I missing?
Brock Nelson
#2 - 2013-11-19 22:24:00 UTC
Twisted

Signature removed, CCP Phantom

Tash'k Omar
Indefinite Mass
Odin's Call
#3 - 2013-11-19 22:26:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Tash'k Omar
Brock Nelson wrote:
Um...what exactly are you going to invent Drakes into?


Rubicon changed Command Ships. Half are now modeled after the second battlecruiser.

ie. Nighthawk = T2 Drake
Styth spiting
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-11-19 22:27:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Styth spiting
Do you mean you are trying to manufacture a navy issue drake from a BPC from an LP store?

Is the T1 drake used in the BPC repackaged?

Or are you trying to make a T2 BPC of a drake? If so there is no T2 drake so it cannot be invented.

To see if there is a T2 version of an item you want to make open the show info window for the item and look at variations. If there is a T2 version then it can be invented.
Brock Nelson
#5 - 2013-11-19 22:32:05 UTC
Tash'k Omar wrote:
Brock Nelson wrote:
Um...what exactly are you going to invent Drakes into?


Rubicon changed Command Ships. Half are now modeled after the second battlecruiser.

ie. Nighthawk = T2 Drake


Look at the Invention tab in Ferox

Now look at it in Drake

It's not there. Drake blueprint is broken

Signature removed, CCP Phantom

Brock Nelson
#6 - 2013-11-19 22:35:33 UTC
It's possible that they haven't enabled the ability to invent Nighthawks from Drakes yet

Signature removed, CCP Phantom

Pookoko
Sigma Sagittarii Inc.
#7 - 2013-11-20 00:35:19 UTC
experiencing exactly same issue & error message trying to invent EOS from Myrmidon BPC. I checked multiple times and as Brock Nelson points out, if you look at the BPC of Ferox/Drake or Brutix/Myrmidon you will see that invention tab just isn't there for Drake/Myrmidon. Something really is broken.
Zifrian
The Pannion Domin
#8 - 2013-11-20 00:49:42 UTC
I don't think they fully implemented it because the datadump files are taken from the current data and it wasn't complete either for these changes.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Patri Andari
Thukker Tribe Antiquities Importer
#9 - 2013-11-20 01:33:45 UTC
They were being 'agile' and ran right past this. Give it a while and I bet will fix.

Be careful what you think, for your thoughts become your words. Be careful what you say, for your words become your actions. Be careful what you do, for your actions become your character. And character is everything. - author unknown

Lady Naween
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2013-11-20 03:33:15 UTC
confirmed bug. they messed it up
Elena Thiesant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-11-20 05:29:53 UTC
Styth spiting wrote:
Or are you trying to make a T2 BPC of a drake? If so there is no T2 drake so it cannot be invented.


Sticky in this forum: [Rubicon] Change to Abso, Nighthawk, Eos and Sleip invention

Quote:
As of Rubicon:


The Absolution is now invented from a Harbinger blueprint.
The Eos is now invented from Myrmidon blueprint.
The Nighthawk is now invented from Drake blueprint.
The Sleipnir is now invented from Hurricane blueprint.
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#12 - 2013-11-20 14:44:35 UTC
We've found the source of this problem and it should be fixed in our next downtime patch.

Sorry for the delay.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

JAF Anders
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-11-20 17:54:55 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
We've found the source of this problem and it should be fixed in our next downtime patch.

Sorry for the delay.


God, I love these devs

The pursuit of excellence and stabbed plexing alts.

Antisun
Without the Daystar
Dirty Bastards.
#14 - 2013-11-21 00:16:14 UTC
Heroic work! Thank you devs.
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#15 - 2013-11-21 11:22:25 UTC
Invention should be working now, give us a shout if anything else is amiss.

Thanks all.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie