These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Material Research

Author
Precator Orti
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-11-19 16:47:41 UTC
Just tried to do material research for the first time and all stations are like 3 weeks or more.. Is this normal?
Alyssa Wyatt
Bazinga Labs
#2 - 2013-11-19 16:52:19 UTC
Very normal, if you aren't in a rush, feel free to just queue it
If you are in a rush and have spare isk, you'll want to use a POS (Or find a corp that is willing to share access to theirs)
Precator Orti
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-11-19 16:54:40 UTC
If I queue it will I still be able to run jobs with that blueprint in the meantime?
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#4 - 2013-11-19 17:01:04 UTC
no. And that job will count towards your "max jobs" limit while queued.

Watching your progressive threads here has been rather hilarious, in a pitiful sort of way.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Elena Thiesant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-11-19 17:09:09 UTC
Only 3 weeks? Congrats on finding a quiet area of space.
Precator Orti
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-11-19 17:14:49 UTC
Batelle wrote:

Watching your progressive threads here has been rather hilarious, in a pitiful sort of way.

Just started the game a week ago cut me some slack...
Elena Thiesant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-11-19 17:22:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Elena Thiesant
There's this thing called google....
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#8 - 2013-11-19 17:23:12 UTC
Precator Orti wrote:
Batelle wrote:

Just started the game a week ago cut me some slack...

Hey, people have been answering your questions. Big smile

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#9 - 2013-11-19 18:22:47 UTC

Highsec Material Research and Copy slots generally have huge backups. PE and Invention slots are generally abundant.

If you don't want to wait:

Option A: Join a corp with a production POS (or put one up yourself). These cost a fair bit to maintain (100-400 isk/month in fuel).

Option B: Move your stuff to lowsec. Of course, this is risky, and you may get blown up moving stuff to and from. If you chose this route, do it in a covert ship, and/or use a scout. Plan & Scout ahead too, so you know what the area is like, what's available, who to watch out for, etc.
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#10 - 2013-11-19 18:53:39 UTC
Funny thing: low sec isn't bad for copy slots, but even in low ME slots are queued to the gills.

You either wait or you put up a POS. If you're a week old, the answer is to wait.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#11 - 2013-11-19 20:11:19 UTC