These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

No fear on a steel horse

Author
Blue Binary
Polychoron
#1 - 2013-11-17 13:03:22 UTC
A guy calling himself Ghost Rider (Patrick Fürstenhoff???) doing high speed runs on public roads around Stockholm. The skill involved in reading the road that far ahead at speeds of 190mph and being in full control of the bike just blew me away.

Yes he's breaking the law, but seriously, he's a rare breed to be capable of doing that shit.

• Ghost Rider - Stockholm Run part 1,
  • Ghost Rider - Stockholm Run part 2,
  • Ghost Rider - Full video.
  • Evil Incarn8
    Evil's League of Evil
    #2 - 2013-11-17 15:55:48 UTC
    Hopefully when he kills himself it's against a tree not an innocent family.
    SeenButNotHeard
    Perkone
    Caldari State
    #3 - 2013-11-17 15:57:56 UTC
    O_o That is actually slightly insane.
    Mizhir
    Higher Than Everest
    Hazardous Company
    #4 - 2013-11-17 15:59:13 UTC
    Blue Binary wrote:

Yes he's breaking the law, but seriously, he's a rare breed to be capable of doing that shit.

He is also what we in the medical world call an organ donor.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

baltec1
    Bat Country
    Pandemic Horde
    #5 - 2013-11-17 17:03:34 UTC
    This man will die.
    Riot Girl
    You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
    #6 - 2013-11-17 17:10:51 UTC
    Looks more like km/h to me.
    Mudkest
    Contagious Goat Labs
    #7 - 2013-11-17 18:47:22 UTC
    Mizhir wrote:

if he crashes at those speeds, will tehre be anything left/usable for donation?

and I really feel that people that pull crap like this should not get their license revoked, but should be tried for attempted murder.
    Mizhir
    Higher Than Everest
    Hazardous Company
    #8 - 2013-11-17 18:57:10 UTC
    Mudkest wrote:
    Mizhir wrote:

and I really feel that people that pull crap like this should not get their license revoked, but should be tried for attempted murder.

It's hard to tell. Sometimes people survives extreme accidents and othertimes a small crash can take a life. It all depends on the exact situation.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
    #9 - 2013-11-17 19:49:56 UTC
    But, hadn't he died last year? Or it's another Ghost Rider? Question

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
    #10 - 2013-11-17 20:00:21 UTC
    Mizhir wrote:
    Mudkest wrote:
    Mizhir wrote:

It's hard to tell. Sometimes people survives extreme accidents and othertimes a small crash can take a life. It all depends on the exact situation.

I had an acquitance who was a paramedic and he told us shocking stories... some pretty surrealistic, like when they were called to a car crash and they saw that firefighters had come first, and their paramedics had tried to reanimate the driver (he had the defibrillator patches and stuff). Which would had made more sense if the man had had any craneum left above the nose after the car's roof crushed him...

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Jandice Ymladris
    Aurora Arcology
    #11 - 2013-11-17 20:07:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Jandice Ymladris
    Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:

It was a copycat apparantly that died, who wanted to imitate that 'stunt'

Looking at how he drives, he's a danger on the road. Yes he drives well, but how long till he causes an accident with such reckless speeds. Takes just one car who saw him too late (due to high speed!) and boom.

Providing a new home for refugees in the Aurora Arcology

Mudkest
    Contagious Goat Labs
    #12 - 2013-11-17 20:43:28 UTC
    Jandice Ymladris wrote:

Looking at how he drives, he's a danger on the road. Yes he drives well, but how long till he causes an accident with such reckless speeds. Takes just one car who saw him too late (due to high speed!) and boom.

or if it is not him, then its some other copycat who sees it on youtube and goes "yeah, that's awesome!'
    baltec1
    Bat Country
    Pandemic Horde
    #13 - 2013-11-17 21:22:23 UTC
    Jandice Ymladris wrote:

All you need is a pot hole or a section with spilt diesel and that would be it. He wouldn't even see what killed him.
    Bischopt
    Sebiestor Tribe
    Minmatar Republic
    #14 - 2013-11-17 21:55:13 UTC
    baltec1 wrote:
    This man will die.

As will you, me and everybody else here.

Might as well die doing something you love.
    Mudkest
    Contagious Goat Labs
    #15 - 2013-11-17 23:06:36 UTC
    Bischopt wrote:
    baltec1 wrote:
    This man will die.

then go to public days on a racetrack and slam into the wall doing 200km/h instead of endangering other road users who did not ask to be included in your deathwish
    Bischopt
    Sebiestor Tribe
    Minmatar Republic
    #16 - 2013-11-18 00:26:11 UTC
    Mudkest wrote:
    Bischopt wrote:
    baltec1 wrote:
    This man will die.

then go to public days on a racetrack and slam into the wall doing 200km/h instead of endangering other road users who did not ask to be included in your deathwish

I can only imagine it's not the same thing. Doing this in public must be a major part of what makes it work for him.

I've seen some of those videos before and he's never endangered anyone other than himself (afaik).
    Having said that I can see why some people are upset. It is dangerous and could end up hurting somebody.

On the other hand, I respect the guy for having the balls to do what he does. It's freedom and probably feels really good. Following rules just because they're there can be BS.
    Sebastor Cane
    The Outlet
    #17 - 2013-11-18 01:46:37 UTC
    I wonder if we will see a gif on 4chan of his head seperating from his body when he finally crashes
    Mudkest
    Contagious Goat Labs
    #18 - 2013-11-18 10:10:18 UTC
    Bischopt wrote:
    Following rules just because they're there can be BS.

Still no excuse to endanger others.

Yes he seems to be able to control his bike, read the road and anticipate and all that. But that doesnt make him immune from mistakes(either his own or others) At those speeds, any vehicel you are driving is a potential murder weapon.

If some guy is firing his gun in the air, then turn it around, pointing it at other people, fire in the air again, look down the barrel, shoot at a tree with some people in that general diraction and so on, most people will agree the guy is a moron and should be arrested(sure, some people will think him cool) but when someone pulls crap like this suddenly a lot more people think it is cool.
    Rain6637
    NulzSec
    #19 - 2013-11-18 11:01:50 UTC
    reminds me of an accident last year, would rather not say my affiliation with them, where the motorcycle was moving so fast that it flipped the minivan it T-boned
    Zimmy Zeta
    Perkone
    Caldari State
    #20 - 2013-11-18 14:06:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Zimmy Zeta
    Mizhir wrote:
    Mudkest wrote:
    Mizhir wrote:

I had an acquitance who was a paramedic and he told us shocking stories... some pretty surrealistic, like when they were called to a car crash and they saw that firefighters had come first, and their paramedics had tried to reanimate the driver (he had the defibrillator patches and stuff). Which would had made more sense if the man had had any craneum left above the nose after the car's roof crushed him...

That's actually quite common practice.
    Once the patient has been declared dead and the CPR-attempts are discontinued, any present med students or trainees are allowed to continue just a little longer to get some more practical CPR experience, since real human bodies are still vastly different from the mannequins used for training.
    The patients are officially dead by that time, so really the worst thing that could happen would be that the student somehow successfully revives the patient, unlikely as it may be....

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

12Next page