These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

7 months of low sec expl. Some Stats

Author
Sven Viko VIkolander
Allemannsrett
#1 - 2013-11-16 20:28:23 UTC
4 Months ago I posted some statistics on my experiences living in low sec on my explorer alt. I compiled data on all the sites I ran with the hope of getting a sense of what the most profitable parts of low sec exploration are. This led to some decent discussion here: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2975995

I've continued tracking the data, and figured some might be interested in seeing the updated results. I have a more extensive discussion of these numbers on my new blog, here : http://evelostfound.blogspot.com/2013/11/exploration-and-isk-7-months-of.html
But if anyone has numbers of their own, or different experiences (or suggestions for where I should focus in the future) I am all ears. I'd also like to know if people think exploration in low sec is in a good position going into Rubicon.

-----> Pre-Odyessy (Jan 31 - June 4 / 4 months) - (apx 2.8b or apx 700m/mo)
Provisional Blood Outpost - 6 10m faction loot, 4mil, 1m (15m)
Mul-Zatah Monastery - 7 340m faction loot, 2m, 340m, 2m, 2m, 2m, 2m (690m)
Blood Outpost - 9 17m faction loot, 5m, 2m, 12m, 1m, 70m, 18m (125m)
Blood Raider Psycho - 2 80m (30m in faction loot), 75m (155m)
Blood Annex - 3 95m faction loot, 55m, 1m (156m)
Gas - 4 74m
Data - 55 695m (AV=12.6m)
Relic - 38 576m (BPCs 315m) (AV=23.4m) (Highest: apx 125m)

-----> Post Odyessy (June 4 - Nov 19 / 5 months) - (apx 4.15b or apx 830m/mo)
Provisional Blood Outpost - 4 70m,
Mul-Zatah Monastery: 7 25m, 5m, 190, 4m, 2m, 2m, 7m (235m)
Blood Outpost: 8 110m, 7m, 25m, 1m, 1m (143m)
Blood Raider Psycho: 10 60m, 80m, 40m, 400m, 80m, 200m, 55m, 220m, 280m, 75m (1.490b)
Blood Annex: 3 3m, 125m, 1m (128m)
Crimson Hand Supply: 2 50m, 50m (100m)
Data: 45 330m (AV=7.3m)
Relic: 42 580m (100m bpc) (AV=16.2m)
Belts: 170m tags / (since 7/29): 730m (900m)
Gas: 2 24m
Null: 1 Relic 41m, 1 Data 14m (55m)

[Extra PI: 200M per month since August 4]
-----> Post-Rubicon (Nov 22 - )
Xicho
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#2 - 2013-11-16 20:53:40 UTC
Cool stats and I commend your effort.

But these stats are mostly useless.

Actual module drop information would be useful.
Sven Viko VIkolander
Allemannsrett
#3 - 2013-11-16 21:39:11 UTC
Xicho wrote:

Why would knowing the module drops be useful? It is not like there is a large enough set here to glean anything about the drop rates, etc. For my own records, it was more important to know relative isk per site.
Czeris
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-11-16 23:45:02 UTC
Sven Viko VIkolander wrote:
Xicho wrote:

Why would knowing the module drops be useful? It is not like there is a large enough set here to glean anything about the drop rates, etc. For my own records, it was more important to know relative isk per site.

Modules change price. Getting a Pithum A-Type Shield Booster a year ago when they were 1.2 billion is not the same as getting one now when they are (I think) around 900 million. Also we don't know whether you're using buys or sells for the pricing. The actual item drops is more "raw" data.

Anyways, regardless, thanks for compiling some actual numbers. Keep up the good work.
Taoist Dragon
The Flying Dead.
#5 - 2013-11-17 01:44:15 UTC
Looking atthe changes I wouldn't have thought Rubicon would make a big impact on seasoned explorers. Ghost sites, SOE ships etc are really just edge effects to fully seasoned explorers.

However with the (re)introduction of 1-10 to 3-10 and low end site to low sec it gives the amature explorers and low skilled/noobs some isk making abilit so they can 'live' out in low sec a bit more comfortably.

Low needs more lovin'!

That is the Way, the Tao.

Balance is everything.

CMD Ishikawa
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-11-17 04:03:07 UTC
Useful info for many of us... Thanks very much for sharing it...
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#7 - 2013-11-17 04:44:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Tauranon
Quite reminiscent of serpentis lowsec exploration for me, which I'd expect because of the general similarity in loot table values, and given that you haven't been particularly lucky with finding crimson hands (which is why I occasionally went to aridia as an alternative to solitude to go hunt).
Sven Viko VIkolander
Allemannsrett
#8 - 2013-11-17 14:41:55 UTC
Czeris wrote:
Sven Viko VIkolander wrote:
Xicho wrote:

Modules change price. Getting a Pithum A-Type Shield Booster a year ago when they were 1.2 billion is not the same as getting one now when they are (I think) around 900 million. Also we don't know whether you're using buys or sells for the pricing. The actual item drops is more "raw" data.

Anyways, regardless, thanks for compiling some actual numbers. Keep up the good work.

Ahh good point, but however I sold the items the isk amount is how much I made which at least tells me what I brought in at the time. Maybe I will start keeping track of the actual drops too.

Quote:
Looking atthe changes I wouldn't have thought Rubicon would make a big impact on seasoned explorers. Ghost sites, SOE ships etc are really just edge effects to fully seasoned explorers.

However with the (re)introduction of 1-10 to 3-10 and low end site to low sec it gives the amature explorers and low skilled/noobs some isk making abilit so they can 'live' out in low sec a bit more comfortably.

I agree, though I think the data/relic loot market will crash even lower after Rubicon simply from the added players exploring. The introduction of low end DED sites to low will really help exploration there, especially for newer players. I wish they were present when my alt started as it was a few weeks before she could do any of the combat sites.