These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

Malediction completely unbalanced, needs serious dev love and rebalance

Author
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#1 - 2013-11-10 08:47:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Petrus Blackshell
Rubicon really breaks the good balance that the Malediction enjoyed up until now. It goes so far that, while I was stockpiling Maledictions to use when the warp acceleration changes hit, I may end up now replacing them with Crows or Ares. It seriously breaks my heart. I mean, just look at this: http://i.imgur.com/WjJiAGn.jpg !

It looks like it's going to tip over and go into an uncontrolled spin any second! Worst of all, there is no way to rectify it, since there are no other high slots / hardpoints to work with! What used to be a magnificent ship is now marred by looking even more poorly planned than a scrapheap Stiletto or Crow. Just move one high slot's associated hardpoint locations and it would fix everything.

CCP stop ruining Eve, this game will be dead within 2 months if you don't re-balance the Malediction and release it like this. mark my words.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Tru Love
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-11-10 08:57:06 UTC
+1; Eyes bleeding!
Fintarue
Zero.Four Holdings
#3 - 2013-11-10 09:05:49 UTC
I for one fully accept the changes to the malediction's new balance. Can't you tell this is the beginning stages of a Death Blossom module, ala Gunstar?

Get over yourself. Just because you're the CEO of a corp and alliance doesn't mean you're entitled to push CCP around.

Host of http://www.twitch.tv/fintarue Bringing you the best tunes for the trip to a new clone!

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#4 - 2013-11-10 09:12:42 UTC
Fintarue wrote:
Can't you tell this is the beginning stages of a Death Blossom module, ala Gunstar?

I'm pretty sure that is the exact opposite, given that it went from being able to have a symmetrical weapon layout like the Gunstar to being lopsided and awful.

And no, my 49 Eve accounts that I will cancel entitle me to pushing CCP around. I PAY YOUR SALARY CCP LISTEN TO ME

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Milton Middleson
Rifterlings
#5 - 2013-11-10 09:16:45 UTC
I wanted to test out post-Rubicon Malediction on Sisi. Turns out that thanks to this change, it is borderline unusable.
Fintarue
Zero.Four Holdings
#6 - 2013-11-10 09:51:26 UTC
You guys seriously need to stop with the cookie cutter builds and start thinking out of teh box. After playing around with it on sis, I find that the new balance makes the mal exceptional at killing griffin/maulus alts as it makes the ship and subsequent weapon systems highly unpredictable.

Seriously, do you even pvp? As much as people whine about griffins and other ewar, here's a frig that will now be the best killer of those ships, and now it's even more whining.

Host of http://www.twitch.tv/fintarue Bringing you the best tunes for the trip to a new clone!

Komodo Askold
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#7 - 2013-11-10 11:42:02 UTC
Seems like some Amarr ships have serious trouble with their hardpoints, in the sense of they're there but inexplicabily unusable. The Malediction is a good example. Also the Prophecy, as for some reason it can't have 4 launchers on each wing (2 on top, 2 on bottom) but rather 1 on top, 1 on bottom and the other ones on the rest of the hull...

I have no clue how much difficult is to modify the physical location of hardpoints on ships, but if it's not much complicated, I think it would be good to revisit them and check for such 'incongruences'.
Sirinda
Ekchuah's Shrine Comporium
#8 - 2013-11-10 11:44:57 UTC
Fintarue wrote:
You guys seriously need to stop with the cookie cutter builds and start thinking out of teh box. After playing around with it on sis, I find that the new balance makes the mal exceptional at killing griffin/maulus alts as it makes the ship and subsequent weapon systems highly unpredictable.

Seriously, do you even pvp? As much as people whine about griffins and other ewar, here's a frig that will now be the best killer of those ships, and now it's even more whining.



. <- the point
























O_O <- you
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#9 - 2013-11-10 12:48:45 UTC
Previously, the Malediction used hardpoint locations 1, 2, 3 and 4. Now it only uses locations 1, 2 and 3. That would be great except that it looks completely terrible. I already said this before but I'll say it again:

Art Department, can you please please please have someone take a look at the Malediction's properties and edit them to make the ship use hardpoints 2, 3 and 4 instead of 1, 2 and 3?

For some of us (as you can see) this is one of our favorite interceptors and making it look ridiculous just kinda kills it.

...Stop looking at me like that. Of course EVE players care about how their ships look - that was what you were hoping for when you made them all look amazing, wasn't it?
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#10 - 2013-11-10 18:01:36 UTC
I demand a dev response for this critically important issue. Who's with me?

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#11 - 2013-11-10 18:20:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Alvatore DiMarco
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
I demand a dev response for this critically important issue. Who's with me?


Good lord, man. It's the weekend. Let them have lives and families and drunken shark-eating parties and stuff.

There aren't any devs until Monday.

...and I've noticed that demanding is usually a good way to make them not respond. EVER.
Fintarue
Zero.Four Holdings
#12 - 2013-11-10 18:27:39 UTC
Sirinda wrote:
Fintarue wrote:
You guys seriously need to stop with the cookie cutter builds and start thinking out of teh box. After playing around with it on sis, I find that the new balance makes the mal exceptional at killing griffin/maulus alts as it makes the ship and subsequent weapon systems highly unpredictable.

Seriously, do you even pvp? As much as people whine about griffins and other ewar, here's a frig that will now be the best killer of those ships, and now it's even more whining.



. <- the point
























O_O <- you


o.0 <-- You


























Petrus, Fintarue, Milton <--- all the same corp

Host of http://www.twitch.tv/fintarue Bringing you the best tunes for the trip to a new clone!

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#13 - 2013-11-10 23:36:42 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
I demand a dev response for this critically important issue. Who's with me?


Good lord, man. It's the weekend. Let them have lives and families and drunken shark-eating parties and stuff.

There aren't any devs until Monday.

...and I've noticed that demanding is usually a good way to make them not respond. EVER.

Look, I don't think you understand how critical this issue is or how important I am. It's a matter of life or death of the game.

(In other words, I know this is all silly, but so what? It's more entertaining than one line of "fix Malediction hardpoints pls".)

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#14 - 2013-11-11 00:37:54 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
how important I am.


You're not even hi-sec famous.
Sara Navorski
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2013-11-11 00:43:25 UTC
I had 200 stockpiled for the rubicon release.

Not going to bother now that I've seen the direction it's taking. Going to reprocess them.

WTS: Whatever it is that comes out of veldspar when you mash it up a bit.
Kora Ethereal
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2013-11-11 07:49:47 UTC
Domanique Altares wrote:
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
how important I am.


You're not even hi-sec famous.


Alliance doesn't even have a logo.
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#17 - 2013-11-11 08:18:56 UTC
Kora Ethereal wrote:
Domanique Altares wrote:
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
how important I am.


You're not even hi-sec famous.


Alliance doesn't even have a logo.


Thanks for the update.
Komodo Askold
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#18 - 2013-11-11 12:26:40 UTC
Fintarue wrote:
Sirinda wrote:
Fintarue wrote:
You guys seriously need to stop with the cookie cutter builds and start thinking out of teh box. After playing around with it on sis, I find that the new balance makes the mal exceptional at killing griffin/maulus alts as it makes the ship and subsequent weapon systems highly unpredictable.

Seriously, do you even pvp? As much as people whine about griffins and other ewar, here's a frig that will now be the best killer of those ships, and now it's even more whining.



. <- the point











O_O <- you


o.0 <-- You










Petrus, Fintarue, Milton <--- all the same corp

She's completely right, on this topic we're discussing the allocation of launchers on the ship's physical hull, not its gameplay parameters. Seems like you red 'unbalanced' on the title and didn't even read the OP. With 'unbalanced', he was talking in terms of simetry and inertia. Duh.
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#19 - 2013-11-11 15:02:04 UTC
Kora Ethereal wrote:
Domanique Altares wrote:
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
how important I am.


You're not even hi-sec famous.


Alliance doesn't even have a logo.

Better than unironically using Comic Sans on the corp website, but you don't see me rubbing that in your face. Wait...

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Adam Zalonis
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2013-11-11 16:54:15 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
I demand a dev response for this critically important issue. Who's with me?


Good lord, man. It's the weekend. Let them have lives and families and drunken shark-eating parties and stuff.


Oh yeah, Hákarl.

Anyway good point. +1
123Next page