These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

How much is too much for Plex cards?

Author
Titas Agor
TITANS OF PEACE
#1 - 2011-11-03 18:14:00 UTC
With plex cards hitting 450mil now, its beyond what i'm personally willing to pay for one now, just curious what some other people think about this situation. With the so called "expansion" comming there is still no excuse in my book for such a recidulas price increase from a month ago when everyone was about to rage quit !! and all of a sudden, "we're focusing more on space" announcment and all is forgiven? Considering CCP said that they were going to monitor the prices of plex cards so that WHATS happening WOULDN'T happen, makes me believe in them less a bit now.

But what do people think about the ever rising of plex cards, when the game time you get from one stays the same?
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2011-11-03 18:23:55 UTC
Since the market is entirely player controlled, if people are willing to pay for it the prices will keep going up.

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Nikollai Tesla
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2011-11-03 18:24:45 UTC
CCP Does not create Plex. CCP does not set the ISK price of Plex. CCP does not control the # of plexes sold on the market.

Any player can convert $15 into 1 plex at any time. This is the only way to create a plex. You are paying 450mil ISK for someone else's $15 dollars.

If less people spend $15 for a plex, then there are less plexes and the price goes up.
If people are able to make more than 450mil a month then prices go up, for plex.
Titas Agor
TITANS OF PEACE
#4 - 2011-11-03 18:26:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Titas Agor
yeah thats true to a point i suppose, but is it really CCP thats killing the player base then in that case? because at the current market prices, I just dont see how people could really afford multiple accounts anymore as for a lot of people, im sure they would only just about break even at these pricing. So is it really CCP, or is the player base killing the player base because of this?

And your missing my point, CCP were supposed to be "monitoring" the plex pricing because of the whole deal with AUR and worried about a massive inflation with pricing. Going up nearly 70mil in under 2 months is a major inflation to me
zzzczyzoznzoz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#5 - 2011-11-03 18:28:22 UTC
if u cant make 450 a month in eve ur doin it wrong
Titas Agor
TITANS OF PEACE
#6 - 2011-11-03 18:29:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Titas Agor
I have more then enough isk for onel... me personally i can afford it, but personally not willing to spend 450mil isk on a single plex, never lone use one for the AUR store. Im talking for an average player in general
AzureStorms
Boundary Wardens
#7 - 2011-11-03 18:36:01 UTC
Although this is probably a bad example, if CCP were to step in and regulate the prices why not have them step in regulate all the prices so new pilots can easily get into new ships? See the problem? You can't have a sandbox market, telling pilots it's regulated by their own supply and demand and then step in and tell them oohh sorry that is to expensive you can't sell it for that much.

My answer to your original question would be "When you no longer pay for it."

Treat Plex like you would treat anything else on a market. If it is to expensive for your taste don't buy it. Enough people do the same and the prices will drop naturally unless people keep buying it.
InVictus Kell
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2011-11-03 18:36:48 UTC
as average player (dont let the great hair fool you or the sparkling white movie star smile) i can tell you that 450mil/month is easy. maybe not for a noob, but once you get to lvl 4 mishes, or higher end mining, or null sec, 450 isnt that tough.

would i prefer 300? you bet...then i'd also prefer real Gallente Exotic Dancers while we're speaking of things i prefer.
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#9 - 2011-11-03 18:36:56 UTC
There are many, many people that have no choice but to buy in-game plex to play the game.
They will continue to pay the market prices.

In the scheme of things, 450, 500, or even 600M a month/account is not a lot if you have established chars.
If you have newer chars, and can't generate that in-game cash flow, well, time to find another game, unfortunately.

BTW, I am one of those people who have no choice but to pay with in-game ISK.
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2011-11-03 18:37:49 UTC
lol poor people

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Soulpirate
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2011-11-03 18:38:08 UTC
If PLEX become too much isk for you, start paying with your real money instead.
Barakkus
#12 - 2011-11-03 18:39:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Barakkus
Just go get a GTC from the timecode board. They're cheaper.
Oh, and I won't pay more than 370.

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

Krios Ahzek
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2011-11-03 18:42:03 UTC
Making 15 bucks really isn't that hard. I find it amusing that you talk about what you're ''willing'' to pay as if paying ISK to play a game somehow took money from your mortage payment. If you're spending more than 1.5 hours grinding to pay for a PLEX in ISK, you're actually paying more than 15$ per month to play EVE.

Though All Men Do Despise Us

De'Veldrin
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2011-11-03 18:43:12 UTC
N + 1 where N is what the market will bear, in ISK.

That's the answer to how much is too much.

Note that N is subject to change based on market pressures.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Titas Agor
TITANS OF PEACE
#15 - 2011-11-03 18:45:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Titas Agor
Thanks a lot for the replys peeps, its really interesting to hear other peoples views about it, i mean back in the day a 30day time card would cost 98mil.. now its aproaching 500mil lol.... Azure you raised a good point, the moment ccp steps in for one thing, then why stop there? your 100% right and i didn't think about that part of it, be naive of me.

well do any of you think their grossly overpriced? or do you think its normal, just the way the game works? do you think its OKAY to pay that sort of isk for plex card?

450mil is definitely doable in a month, never said it wasn't, but just because we can make that a month, does that really mean its still okay to charge that? i remember seeing simular threads when the prices went up to 350 mil or so, for me though 450mil is the border point i just simply wont cross myself, if i cant scrounge up $15 a month for a game i rarely play as it is right now, as Dinsdale pointed out, i'll just find another game to play, but i do wonder just how many others out there think along the same lines i do, i've been playing this game for 6/7 years now and some things in the game especialyl what happened over the summer is just getting rediculas for 450mil a month
Trainwreck McGee
Doomheim
#16 - 2011-11-03 18:45:45 UTC
OOONNNEEE MMMIILLLIIO..........BBIIILLLLIIIOONNN DOOLLARRRSSS

CCP Trainwreck - Weekend Custodial Engineer / CCP Necrogoats foot stool

Trainwreck McGee
Doomheim
#17 - 2011-11-03 18:48:13 UTC
Krios Ahzek wrote:
Making 15 bucks really isn't that hard. I find it amusing that you talk about what you're ''willing'' to pay as if paying ISK to play a game somehow took money from your mortage payment. If you're spending more than 1.5 hours grinding to pay for a PLEX in ISK, you're actually paying more than 15$ per month to play EVE.

Some people actually play EVE as a GAME you know. Saying people are suckers for playing the game rather then paying 15 dollars for ISK is hilarious to me.

CCP Trainwreck - Weekend Custodial Engineer / CCP Necrogoats foot stool

Krios Ahzek
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2011-11-03 18:48:55 UTC
Titas Agor wrote:
Thanks a lot for the replys peeps, its really interesting to hear other peoples views about it, i mean back in the day a 30day time card would cost 98mil.. now its aproaching 500mil lol.... Azure you raised a good point, the moment ccp steps in for one thing, then why stop there? your 100% right and i didn't think about that part of it, be naive of me.

well do any of you think their grossly overpriced? or do you think its normal, just the way the game works? do you think its OKAY to pay that sort of isk for plex card?

450mil is definitely doable in a month, never said it wasn't, but just because we can make that a month, does that really mean its still okay to charge that? i remember seeing simular threads when the prices went up to 350 mil or so, for me though 450mil is the border point i just simply wont cross myself, if i cant scrounge up $15 a month for a game i rarely play as it is right now, as Dinsdale pointed out, i'll just find another game to play, but i do wonder just how many others out there think along the same lines i do, i've been playing this game for 6/7 years now and some things in the game especialyl what happened over the summer is just getting rediculas for 450mil a month

So do you play more than two hours to make that 450 mil or not?

PLEX is a privilege for space-rich people, not a fundamental right for all sentient beings.

Though All Men Do Despise Us

Large Collidable Object
morons.
#19 - 2011-11-03 18:50:10 UTC
Titas Agor wrote:

... does that really mean its still okay to charge that?

What part of 'supply and demand' do you not understand?
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
MNagy
Yo-Mama
#20 - 2011-11-03 18:51:02 UTC
Let plex prices be whatever the market drives them to be.

if you do not want to pay, then don't. If others don't as well then prices will drop.

I dont see how 500 mill is hard to get - easily attainable even for a 2 year old toon like myself.
123Next page