These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Eve Event CCP Set up for Razor!

First post
Author
Arn Dog
#1 - 2013-11-07 19:56:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Arn Dog
Ok just took part of the event. This simply put was a set up by CCP to hand kills to lowsec!

How did RAZOR get set up that quickly and if it wasn't for time dilation allowing then nearly an hour to get ahead of the dilated systems! Our fleet jumped in to what was simply put... a set up. Was this CCP's present to RAZOR and L.S Alliances? perhaps all the goons and others complaining about "carebears" was too much and the Dev's gave in?

It has transpired that several LS corps were actually in and or FC of the H.S Fleets leading them into traps built off the back of CCP Devs directions. This coupled with no information and the Dev's intentionally splitting the H.S 3k fleet up would appear to be a GM Troll of H.S rather than a play event. The event was self destructed prior to the majority of fleets getting to it. This then resulted in large fleets being abandoned by the Dev's in Null/LS to be slaughterer by well organized and experienced PVP Corps.

I love PVP, i love the game. But this set up is utterly unacceptable!

Its this sort of **** that makes people stop playing Eve. CCP you should be ashamed of yourself.


Edit: Info

The CCP Dev took command of the fleet and told them when to jump and where to warp to once "out of the bubble" Then abandoned the fleet when the slaughter started. . This coupled with the sector selection being the cornerstone of all major Null Alliance deployments currently caused a mass slaughter of over 400+ h.s pilots. (This total has now risen to nearly 1100 ships and 700 pods since yesterday due to this CCP lead event)



http://jestertrek.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/backfire.html
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#2 - 2013-11-07 20:01:48 UTC
I'm surprised it was Razor and not PL.

You do realize that EVERYONE was notified of event and that not everyone plays nicely?

Welcome to Eve.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

cyndrogen
The Greatest Corp in the Universe
#3 - 2013-11-07 20:04:08 UTC
Arn Dog wrote:
Ok just took part of the event. This simply put was a set up by CCP to hand kills to lowsec!

How did RAZOR get set up that quickly of it wasn't for time dilation allowing then nearly an hour get get their ahead of the dilated systems! Our fleet jumped in to what was simply put... a set up. Was this CCP's present to RAZOR ? perhaps all the goons complaining about "carebears" was too much and the Dev's gave in?

I love PVP, i love the game. But this set up is utterly unacceptable!

Its this sort of **** that makes people stop playing Eve. CCP you should be ashamed of yourself.


I'm impressed with the speed of their logistics. I don't think CCP was responsible at all.

Every day in every way I improve my skills and get better.

Arn Dog
#4 - 2013-11-07 20:04:49 UTC
War Kitten wrote:
I'm surprised it was Razor and not PL.

You do realize that EVERYONE was notified of event and that not everyone plays nicely?

Welcome to Eve.



I am well aware of this. The problem is that CCP were running the event, had total control, LowSec had no dilation. So 3 jumps for us took 45 mins, Razor had nearly an hour to get organized, + they were all sat ready with 150k snipers, I logistically they are well organized but seems like they knew just were we would be. CCP even told us to jump in!

This was lambs to the slaughter. I was one of the later fleet members to die watching everyone get owned the instant they get out of jump.
Tavi Baldocchi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-11-07 20:05:16 UTC
you do realize they changed the destination 10 minutes before the event started right? But the new destination had the gate camps all ready
Jythier Smith
BGG Wolves
#6 - 2013-11-07 20:06:58 UTC
Arrrr is for Ready.
Baaldor
Insurrection
Mercenary Coalition
#7 - 2013-11-07 20:07:04 UTC
Arn Dog wrote:
War Kitten wrote:
I'm surprised it was Razor and not PL.

You do realize that EVERYONE was notified of event and that not everyone plays nicely?

Welcome to Eve.



I am well aware of this. The problem is that CCP were running the event, had total control, LowSec had no dilation. So 3 jumps for us took 45 mins, Razor had nearly an hour to get organized, + they were all sat ready with 150k snipers, I logistically they are well organized but seems like they knew just were we would be. CCP even told us to jump in!

This was lambs to the slaughter. I was one of the later fleet members to die watching everyone get owned the instant they get out of jump.


You are assuming that CCP has decent FC's or even good at this game.

And not too mention these guys (Razor) and company have been doing this crap for years, they KNOW how to get it done.
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#8 - 2013-11-07 20:07:44 UTC
No way Razor had someone "participating" in the event to pass along intel right?

No one would think of that.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Jythier Smith
BGG Wolves
#9 - 2013-11-07 20:09:25 UTC
So, you took 45 minutes to not even get to do the storyline event? Now that's EVE. Funny when it happens to everyone else. I guess I get the whole tears thing suddenly.
cyndrogen
The Greatest Corp in the Universe
#10 - 2013-11-07 20:10:16 UTC
This means only one thing. They got lucky. I really doubt there was a setup.

Every day in every way I improve my skills and get better.

Laserak
Celestial Horizon Corp.
Badfellas Inc.
#11 - 2013-11-07 20:10:21 UTC
So what was the event and what did they 'get'?
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2013-11-07 20:11:01 UTC
It's almost as if they had experience with attacking a fleet when it's vulnerable by anticipating changes and gathering intel.
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#13 - 2013-11-07 20:11:36 UTC
...and did you happen to see this bit of info go out this morning:

"The empires of EVE Online are launching an assault tonight at 18:50. But their targets are not simply going to sit by and let that happen! They've put out their own call to action for anyone who wants to fight the power of the empires! If you're devious and wicked enough to fight against the forces of good in New Eden, go to systems FD-MLJ or Utopia at 18:50 onward and join the fleets there!"

Go figure, a live event ends up being a PVP event with players on both sides. Who would've thunk it?

Did you just think you'd be shooting at little red pluses in relative safety of a CCP fleet?

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#14 - 2013-11-07 20:11:47 UTC
So the event was staged in hisec but ended in a succession of bloody lowsec gatecamps under heavy TiDi? Success! Ah, the smell of success in the morning...

...is not something CCP could ever get used to. Lol

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Kismeteer
Bat Country
Pandemic Legion
#15 - 2013-11-07 20:13:19 UTC
How dare RZR prepare for a live event. They should be burn.

Unfortunately, implying favoritism is against the TOS, so I would never imply such a thing. (PL)
Jythier Smith
BGG Wolves
#16 - 2013-11-07 20:15:48 UTC
War Kitten wrote:
...and did you happen to see this bit of info go out this morning:

"The empires of EVE Online are launching an assault tonight at 18:50. But their targets are not simply going to sit by and let that happen! They've put out their own call to action for anyone who wants to fight the power of the empires! If you're devious and wicked enough to fight against the forces of good in New Eden, go to systems FD-MLJ or Utopia at 18:50 onward and join the fleets there!"

Go figure, a live event ends up being a PVP event with players on both sides. Who would've thunk it?

Did you just think you'd be shooting at little red pluses in relative safety of a CCP fleet?



Where was that?
Arn Dog
#17 - 2013-11-07 20:18:47 UTC
Lets be frank. The opinion of everyone i flew with is CCP tipped off them on the event location and this was a set up. They were already sat on the gate!

I am not saying that RAZOR are not good at what they do and we were all expecting PVP. Not a dev telling us their is some ships on the other side and to jump. Only to find 500 ships all taking every ship out as the come out of jump.

This has simply meant that half the game player base has missed out on the event. Not only this but they have alienated a **** ton of people!
To Be Me
Doomheim
#18 - 2013-11-07 20:19:19 UTC
What would you expect?? People to just let you slide through in lowsec without welcoming you??

I think you need to go have a shower and relax.. :p

thumbs up if you like :))))

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#19 - 2013-11-07 20:21:43 UTC
Come on guys...no one really expected CCP to follow their own rules now did you?

I cant really think of any major happenings lately that would point otherwise.... nope..not one.

Anyways, LOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLOOOOLOLLLL and or HA.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Lfod Shi
Lfod's Ratting and Salvage
#20 - 2013-11-07 20:22:45 UTC
To Be Me wrote:
What would you expect?? People to just let you slide through in lowsec without welcoming you??

I think you need to go have a shower and relax.. :p


I would have thought this was obvious to everyone.

♪ They'll always be bloodclaws to me ♫

123Next pageLast page