These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Unlocking all racial clothing

First post
Author
Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#1 - 2013-11-05 14:16:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Commissar Kate
The clothing on the market and nex store is not racially locked so why should it be any different with the default clothing that comes with the character customization?

For example, I can wear the Gallente FW blouse if I so please even though I'm Caldari. But when it comes to the default "stock" gallente/minmatar clothing that any Gallente/Minmatar character would be able to access it's not available for me just because I'm Caldari.

Also these assets are already in the game so I would think that it would take minimal time and effort to release.

I have made some examples of what could be achieved if this change was implemented.

Even CCP said it was a good idea.

A little bit of freedom of choice is all i'm asking for.

Bring back all of the original skin tones that were available when the carbon character creator was first released. These 16 we currently have is not a large enough variety. In the first iteration of the character creator I think there was around 60+ skintones spread out across the 12 races and sadly most of them are no longer available. Including the one this character currently has.
Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#2 - 2013-11-05 14:25:00 UTC
Agree with bringing back the skintones,

However, I believe there should be some race restricted clothing.

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#3 - 2013-11-05 14:31:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Commissar Kate
Jint Hikaru wrote:
Agree with bringing back the skintones,

However, I believe there should be some race restricted clothing.

Well in my mind the unlocking of all the racial clothing is a condition of the generic skin tones. For example, if I can make a Caldari look like a Brutor now why can't he dress like one as well?
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#4 - 2013-11-05 14:38:02 UTC
+1 to getting additional skintypes which better ressemble the original range of skin colors and the actual ethnic diversity of mankind.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Falken Falcon
#5 - 2013-11-05 15:00:35 UTC
I support this thread

Aye, Sea Turtles

Mizhir
Higher Than Everest
Hazardous Company
#6 - 2013-11-05 15:04:05 UTC
I agree.

There aren't really any good semitan skin colours among the new ones. Which is the reason why I kept the old one.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Lysanne Reqetta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-11-05 17:46:48 UTC
I support this.

I do think there are some things, like certain Amarr robes, that shouldn't be cross-race. To continue the Amarr example, they'd probably be quite picky about who could dress up as one of their priests or whatever.

Blatant alt posting? In my EVE? It's more likely than you think.

NEVER FORGET - NOVEMBER 2013 - THE GREAT SIGNATURE MASSACRE

Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#8 - 2013-11-05 21:24:04 UTC
Fixed to make the clothing change reasons more clear.
Thelonious Blake
Monk's Dream
#9 - 2013-11-05 23:01:42 UTC
More skin tones for Aurum! Joking, though, the proposal makes sense and it won't require much dev time to release codes that are already there.

+1
Faye Nahkriin
Astral Wings
#10 - 2013-11-06 00:43:11 UTC
I totally agree, And since I could (in theory) Fly an ammarian Titan, why can I not wear amarrian clothing? (Then the question if I want to is a different topic =) )
Rain6637
NulzSec
#11 - 2013-11-07 02:54:05 UTC
Lysanne Reqetta wrote:
I support this.

I do think there are some things, like certain Amarr robes, that shouldn't be cross-race. To continue the Amarr example, they'd probably be quite picky about who could dress up as one of their priests or whatever.

i want that.... cool jacket with the racing stripes
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#12 - 2013-11-07 16:53:04 UTC
I agree with this suggestion - and with the idea of letting Amarrian women wear (sun)glasses.
Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#13 - 2013-11-08 01:41:39 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
Lysanne Reqetta wrote:
I support this.

i want that.... cool jacket with the racing stripes

I want the gallente shoes badly. I'm sick of boots and heels.
Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#14 - 2014-01-15 00:52:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Commissar Kate
Still want to see all the clothing options get unlocked.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2014-01-15 07:08:37 UTC
Gonna post my support for the OP.

I see no reason why all clothing items can't be available to everyone.

If there's a need for immersion in role playing, just say the clothing was impounded from Smugglers by Customs Officials who are now selling the seized assets due to consolidating inventory while clearing out storage areas.

DMC
Matokin Lemant
#16 - 2014-01-15 17:18:21 UTC
Commissar Kate wrote:
Edited: Added reason for unlocking all clothing.

Bring back all of the original skin tones that were available when the carbon character creator was first released. These 16 we currently have is not a large enough variety. In the first iteration of the character creator I think there was around 60+ skintones spread out across the 12 races and sadly most of them are no longer available. Including the one this character currently has.

And since all the racial skintones are homogenized now CCP might as well do the same with clothing so we can make a black amarr with minmatar clothing. The racial differences have already been destroyed with multiple skin tones available to all races so unlocking all the clothing options will make no difference.

Supported 100% need more clothing options when making characters.
Frank Millar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2014-01-15 17:25:00 UTC
+1 for the OP.

Also, and I think I mentioned this elsewhere: the clothes need a more SciFi-feel to them.
Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#18 - 2014-01-15 17:31:37 UTC
Matokin Lemant wrote:
Commissar Kate wrote:
Edited: Added reason for unlocking all clothing.

And since all the racial skintones are homogenized now CCP might as well do the same with clothing so we can make a black amarr with minmatar clothing. The racial differences have already been destroyed with multiple skin tones available to all races so unlocking all the clothing options will make no difference.

Supported 100% need more clothing options when making characters.

While having them as default "free clothes" would be nice. I'm at the point where I would pay ISK for the ones I don't currently have access to especially the Gallente ones.
Anomaly One
Doomheim
#19 - 2014-01-15 17:55:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Anomaly One
I had the same idea but it involved unlocking the tattoos, clothes via either helping through faction warfare, or mission items LP, idc either way. Also making everything available would actually add MORE to immersion and role play. Think about it, a gallente fighting for amarr for years and he is wearing their clothes! he's basically a part of them now.

Always yes to more options!

Also: pirate specific clothes Cool

Never forget. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8sfaN8zT8E http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l_ZjVyRxx4 Trust me, I'm an Anomaly. DUST 514 FOR PC

Anys Thes'Realin
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2014-01-15 18:47:49 UTC
I full heartedly support this - especially the clothes. I've had a few people ask me where I got my red-and-black shirt from (it's Gallente-only), and I've seen some clothes I'd like to try on that are Caldari-only.

There are clothes in the game already that you can't obtain, like alternate colors for already-existing clothes.

There are clothes that were leaked onto SiSi back about a year ago that have disappeared entirely, despite looking very cool.

There are clothes and hair styles in some of the official game wallpapers that don't exist (the Gallente wallpaper, for example HERE

Anys was (and still is) a fashion model before becoming a capsuleer. She has been extremely distressed at the utter lack of fashion options available to capsuleers!

My EVElopedia roleplaying profile, last updated February 23rd, 2014: http://tinyurl.com/nfazlch I support having more clothes for our characters!  http://tinyurl.com/kpafjh2

123Next pageLast page