These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Being conned to join a corp-Alliance with real life ramifications

First post
Author
Psyrus Baine
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-10-15 06:39:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Psyrus Baine
You know I haven't played eve in over 2 years because I been in the hospital fighting colon cancer and going through chemo treatments, I been in remission for the last 4 weeks and decided to join a active corp and play some eve while feeling partially human before having to go back in a couple weeks for more tests in hope it stays gone. .

I hope the people that decided it would be fun to Conn me into joining them so they could gank both my characters carriers with all my stuff loaded for moving into a new corp I hope your proud of yourself for taking the opportunity of someone being drugged up with not as much caution as I would normally take. Due to not really thinking about much except trying to get my mind off of having to go through chemo treatments again for a cheap kill. God help you for that.

There is plenty of old eve players that know me and can confirm my being in and out the hospital for the last 4 years. I hope killing my carriers and blowing up my stuff was worth the thrill. To those of you who know and or knew me I wish I could of played just a little longer before ending up back in the hospital but I don't have the drive to fight being conned in a game and deal with reality. To my friends that still do play and remember me I hope you fly safe and maybe if god is on my side I might be back to play again someday.
Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture
SWARTA.
#2 - 2013-10-15 06:44:14 UTC
Dude, sucks you're in a hospital, but can you PLEASE use paragraphs? Wall O' Text is painful to the eyes.

Also, this is EVE, mate. What did you really expect? Sunshine and roses and rainbow unicorn farts? All wonderful, but they're not implementing in EVE.

If you can't handle the Killmails/awoxing, stay the hell out of the sandbox.
Prince Sanguine
#3 - 2013-10-15 06:49:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Prince Sanguine
Maybe play some single player game instead while on random comms? Honestly, I've had a blast playing arma or minecraft with strangers. Can I have your stuff? Contract it over. Hope you feel better. joking aside, ill take some assets and put them to use.

Everytime you read this you are required to send 100 million isk directly to me.

Psyrus Baine
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2013-10-15 06:51:31 UTC
You know It was people that I have played with before even was in one the corps that was killing my carriers. If it was under any other circumstances It would be part of eve but when you trust people you been around before to get treated this way then fine. Sometimes real life does things that inter fear with ones ability to even be able to play in the sand box. And if I get through all real life horror show I am living then ill be happy to come back for some revenge. Just wanted to let some the people that actually might remember me know why I might not ever be back if that's a problem them maybe you should just find another post to troll.
Psyrus Baine
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2013-10-15 06:54:35 UTC
I would rather send everything I have to never never land. If by some chance the man upstairs wants me to play again I will be back if not then that's something I cannot control. When your stuck in a bed for months at a time after a dozen plus surgery's its nice to have some company playing a game I truly love to play.
Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture
SWARTA.
#6 - 2013-10-15 06:54:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Himnos Altar
Trust is the most precious commodity in EVE.

I don't believe in it in-game, and therefore have never have it stolen from me.

There are people I enjoy flying with, and ships that would upset me if I lost them (for seconds, minutes, hours, and maybe as long as a day, but probably not any longer. Loss of my last POS was a "Crap. Now I need to go get my spare and find a new place to live"). And yes, friendships that would upset me if they blew me up, but in the end I'd HTFU, find new friends, and expect to be blown up by them eventually.

Because, well, this is EVE we're talking about.
Psyrus Baine
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2013-10-15 06:59:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Psyrus Baine
I am not here looking for anyone's opinion. The people that was expecting me back by some off chance might see this and know why I might not be back and its not by my own choice. If you don't understand that then you might want to step outside and enjoy a breath of fresh air while you can because that is something that can be taken from anyone in a blink of an eye. For all the trolls that want to poke fun I am glad to entertain you. God Speed to those that actually understand.
Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture
SWARTA.
#8 - 2013-10-15 07:03:01 UTC
Dude, I get it. IRL is a harsh, harsh place. Granted, I'm not hospitalized, but I do get that. But EVE is also a cruel and fickle mistress.

My reading of your post is:

"I came to a cruel, violent game and was cruelly violenced."

My response is: What did you really expect?
Ifly Uwalk
Empire Tax Collection Agency
#9 - 2013-10-15 07:05:37 UTC
Psyrus Baine wrote:
There is plenty of old eve players that know me

No there aren't. No, really.

Hope you get well soon. Meanwhile contract all your stuff to me. I'm soopa-trustworthy. Honest.
Arduemont
The State of War.
#10 - 2013-10-15 07:14:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Arduemont
Psyrus Baine wrote:
You know I haven't played eve in over 2 years because I been in the hospital fighting colon cancer and going through chemo treatments, I been in remission for the last 4 weeks and decided to join a active corp and play some eve while feeling partially human before having to go back in a couple weeks for more tests in hope it stays gone. .

I hope the people that decided it would be fun to Conn me into joining them so they could gank both my characters carriers with all my stuff loaded for moving into a new corp I hope your proud of yourself for taking the opportunity of someone being drugged up with not as much caution as I would normally take. Due to not really thinking about much except trying to get my mind off of having to go through chemo treatments again for a cheap kill. God help you for that.

There is plenty of old eve players that know me and can confirm my being in and out the hospital for the last 4 years. I hope killing my carriers and blowing up my stuff was worth the thrill. To those of you who know and or knew me I wish I could of played just a little longer before ending up back in the hospital but I don't have the drive to fight being conned in a game and deal with reality. To my friends that still do play and remember me I hope you fly safe and maybe if god is on my side I might be back to play again someday.


Your situation is very sad, and I am sorry that you are in this position.

This though, is Eve. Where things like this happen. A lot. When I am playing, I do not consider that ever player I interact with with is in a dire personal situation and won't handle what is about to happen well. I assume that the person I am about to interact with is an Eve player, and expects the worse.

If you've played Eve before you should know what this game is like. It is, after all, a game. There is no reason to be upset, aside from real personal reasons that is.

Psyrus Baine wrote:
I am not here looking for anyone's opinion.


This is a forum. If you didn't want anyone's opinions you shouldn't have come to the forum.

Hope you feel better.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Psyrus Baine
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2013-10-15 07:21:01 UTC
Expect to be treated as a person joining a corp or an alliance would ever be treated. You log in tomorrow and everyone decides for laughs to blow you up that would be OK with you. I bring to the table 140+ million sp characters actually capable of contributing to the game.

EvE is not a single player game. I did not come back to play a single player game or I wouldn't of tried to play eve again. And my point is to tell the ones that was expecting me to play why I wont be. What part of that don't you get. I Explained my circumstances why I wont be unless I make it through my tests and another possible round of chemo.

SO keep trolling I think its funny that you cant see why I posted in the first place. Thank you for the laugh and showing me how you think a game is so more important to say the game is evil and you should never trust anyone ever. I play the game to be with friends and take my mind away from reality, I am glad your reality is peaches and cream. If you wake up someday and have everything in your real life taken from you, your dignity, house, cars all to try and live just a little longer and get a little enjoyment from something that takes your mind off how harsh real life is. Even if the game is harsh as well then I really do feel sorry for you.
Psyrus Baine
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2013-10-15 07:31:17 UTC
HERE is the point once Again. TO all of those I have flown with in the past and know me now know why I haven't been around playing.

I was going to play again just to hang with some old friends and to those I might have had the pleasure of fighting and playing with again you know why I might not be back around for awhile,

I don't have the strength to grind to replace my stuff again. I cant afford to buy plex cards and sell them either because when your stuck in a bed for months on end its kinda hard to hold a job. Even a masters degree cant help generate income when your throwing up and stuck in a hospital.

To those that cant understand the above then I dont care what you think or post anymore I was not posting for you but to the people that actually remember me.
Alastair Ormand
Mine all the things
#13 - 2013-10-15 07:37:59 UTC
That is **** poor behavior on their part, especially if they knew what you were going through. Always crap to be kicked when your down.

Hang in there man.

I discourage running with scissors.

adarma
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#14 - 2013-10-15 07:46:29 UTC
This is a very disturbing message and I am very sorry for your situation. That is unfortunately how twisted, cruel and evil people can be.

I can only wish you well and hope that you would recover from this cancer. It is a very difficult cancer type to suffer from. But there are people who leave it behind.

On the other hand, It would be good to warn others against this corp and these people. Smite Brotherhood it is, aye?
Psyrus Baine
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2013-10-15 07:54:31 UTC
No Smite is where i was coming from. No need to even go into where i was headed. Thank you to those that get it and I really dont have any comments to those that dont.
Seetesh
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#16 - 2013-10-15 07:56:10 UTC
I'm very sorry to hear about your real life problems. It is part of the game to do such a dirty trick and I have done it before. But theirs a line that I wouldn't cross and I don't agree that it was right given that they knew you and most likely knew of your problems. I wouldn't myself be able to go along with such a gank. I hope you recover and bounce back though.
oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2013-10-15 08:28:39 UTC
Im disappointed in all of you , especially you OP.

As a friend of someone who'd had cancer and having sat by her bed with her for those miserable months, im appalled.

Shed slap the crap out of you. So what, you got sick and so the whole world has to stop what they are doing and change for you? You can either lay down and take crap OP and whine that life unfairly chose you for cancer and for being ganked, or you can get up and fight like my friend did, beat the cancer, and go on and win at life.

Life isn't going to become easier for you just cause you got it hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfSDNPFCPfY

Ezrothian
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2013-10-15 08:53:14 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Im disappointed in all of you , especially you OP.

As a friend of someone who'd had cancer and having sat by her bed with her for those miserable months, im appalled.

Shed slap the crap out of you. So what, you got sick and so the whole world has to stop what they are doing and change for you? You can either lay down and take crap OP and whine that life unfairly chose you for cancer and for being ganked, or you can get up and fight like my friend did, beat the cancer, and go on and win at life.

Life isn't going to become easier for you just cause you got it hard.


I think you're being outrageously harsh. OP has been fighting cancer for two years, and he decided to have a rant about a spaceship game. With all he's been through, I say let him. I think it takes more than a bit of courage to keep going through all of that, and it's not good to be kicked while you're down.

Can't imagine what it must be like, hope you're given the all clear soon mate.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#19 - 2013-10-15 09:14:42 UTC
I'm really sorry to hear what happened to you, if you ever need some decent friends to play with - maybe run missions or do some small gang PvP, send me an in game mail. I'm always looking to recruit new friends into my corp, or just looking for new people to play with and I'm very sympathetic to people with cancer as it has had a major impact on my life and I've seen what it can do to those you're close to.
oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2013-10-15 09:16:52 UTC  |  Edited by: oOReikaOo Michiko
Ezrothian wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Im disappointed in all of you , especially you OP.

As a friend of someone who'd had cancer and having sat by her bed with her for those miserable months, im appalled.

Shed slap the crap out of you. So what, you got sick and so the whole world has to stop what they are doing and change for you? You can either lay down and take crap OP and whine that life unfairly chose you for cancer and for being ganked, or you can get up and fight like my friend did, beat the cancer, and go on and win at life.

Life isn't going to become easier for you just cause you got it hard.


I think you're being outrageously harsh. OP has been fighting cancer for two years, and he decided to have a rant about a spaceship game. With all he's been through, I say let him. I think it takes more than a bit of courage to keep going through all of that, and it's not good to be kicked while you're down.

Can't imagine what it must be like, hope you're given the all clear soon mate.


Im not in any way minimizing the experience OP has been and will go through.

However What does him having cancer have anything to do with the motivations of the players, are all of us who now know OP has cancer not allowed to fire upon him? There a line between empathetic and sympathetic, unless your that persons family putting that person above you is going to far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfSDNPFCPfY

123Next pageLast page