These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon] SoE BATTLESHIP!!! [Test Server]

Author
Nyancat Audeles
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-10-07 21:15:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Nyancat Audeles
For those of you who have not checked it out, the SoE Battleship stats and info are amazing! I can't wait to grab myself one. The model is a placeholder, of course. I only wish it was Amarr/Gallente.

Quote:

Nestor

This was one of the first vessels the Sisters of EVE made available to capsuleers. It had been under development by the Sanctuary corporation, whose interest in exploration includes not only search & rescue operations but also a constant inquiry into the nature of the EVE Gate. Thanks to the Sisters' efforts and the Sanctuary's particular expertise, the Nestor is an agile, tenacious ship that aptly adheres to the mantra of both rescuers and explorers: Stay safe, stay hidden, and use every tool at your disposal.

It is particularly adept at venturing into dangerous territories, not merely in recovering whatever may be of interest but also in being able to safely bring it back. Its engines have alternate power sources that come into play should any of its cargo - for which it has plenty of room - cause serious interference with internal systems. Its weaponry runs best on renewable sources, an ideal for a ship that doesn't know how long it'll be in deep space. Its carapace is extremely well armored for a ship this agile, and covered in sensors capable of letting its crew track a myriad of different organic signatures. The crew itself is safely protected from any number of transmittable ailments from rescues and other unexpected passengers, thanks to special quarantine bays that are conveniently located near jettisonable openings.

And lastly, an ingenious but cryptic transfer in part of the warp core functionality to an outlying cylindrical structure means the Nestor is able to run certain higher-level cloaking functions with very little technical cost, and minimal interference from warp. The Sisters of EVE have refused to comment on this technology, other than to recommend it not be tampered with.

Stats in screenshots below.

Take a look at it for yourself at this imgur album I made. The screenshots are blue-tinted because it must be a bug.
Miasmos
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-10-07 21:17:03 UTC
Looks like rattlesnake stats so probably placeholder.

Too bad the name was taken, though :)
Nyancat Audeles
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-10-07 21:19:11 UTC
Miasmos wrote:
Looks like rattlesnake stats so probably placeholder.

Too bad the name was taken, though :)

Still, excited to see the possibility of a covops BS!
Onictus
SniggWaffe
Pandemic Horde
#4 - 2013-10-07 21:42:15 UTC
Guessing a lot of that is going to change.

The 6/7/6 slot layout and lauchers for one.
Alundil
Rolled Out
#5 - 2013-10-07 22:15:55 UTC
That makes me diabolically happy either way.

I'm right behind you

Electrique Wizard
Mutually Lucrative Business Proposals
Brack Regen
#6 - 2013-10-07 22:31:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Electrique Wizard
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061122033438/starwars/images/6/6e/VicStarI-EaW.jpg
'bout time

Description suggests covops cloak, hurray faction black ops

I am the Zodiac, I am the stars, You are the sorceress, my priestess of Mars, Queen of the night, swathed in satin black, Your ivory flesh upon my torture rack.

Nyancat Audeles
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-10-07 23:42:54 UTC
Electrique Wizard wrote:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061122033438/starwars/images/6/6e/VicStarI-EaW.jpg
'bout time

Description suggests covops cloak, hurray faction black ops

It probably can't do jump bridging though, so no black ops...

But imagine if these could USE a jump bridge!
Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#8 - 2013-10-07 23:43:32 UTC
Star wars model..... bad.

The Tears Must Flow

Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#9 - 2013-10-07 23:58:44 UTC
The ship is a placeholder for the Sisters of EVE battleship; the stats were just copied+pasted from the Rattlesnake, and they'll change it and it's requirements/bonuses once the BS comes out. Also, the Star Destroyer is a placeholder model; they used that for the amarr destroyer a while back too, before the real model was finished (on the test server)

Also, it'll be covert ops; I'm happy Big smile

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#10 - 2013-10-08 00:09:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Vaju Enki wrote:
Star wars model..... bad.

I was just going to say... it's a mini Star Destroyer? Lol
Covert Ops battleship. I shudder the thought...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#11 - 2013-10-08 00:47:11 UTC
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci wrote:
The ship is a placeholder for the Sisters of EVE battleship; the stats were just copied+pasted from the Rattlesnake, and they'll change it and it's requirements/bonuses once the BS comes out. Also, the Star Destroyer is a placeholder model; they used that for the amarr destroyer a while back too, before the real model was finished (on the test server)

Also, it'll be covert ops; I'm happy Big smile

Glad to hear you say that. That model made me want to cringe.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.