These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

EVE fiction contest - 108 PLEX in prizes

First post First post
Author
Telegram Sam
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-10-07 01:17:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Telegram Sam
Edit: Judging is done and winners and prizes are announced. Check out the thread in EVE Fiction. And read some of the stories-- we won't charge you, but we should....

Pod and Planet Fiction Contest YC115 Prize pool is 108 PLEX in prizes. New writers and writers returning from last year, the details are in the link. It's pretty much like last year's contest-- an EVE canon-based category, a freeform/ingame player works category. This year there's also an additional section for humor.

Sponsoring the prizes:
-Somer Blink (100 PLEX)
-High Drag - an EVE Online podcast (1 PLEX)
-Prince Kobol (2 PLEX)
-Mike Azariah (Scorpion)
-Rifterlings Corporation and Point Blank Alliance (3 PLEX)
-Mhax Arthie (2 PLEX)
Thank you generous sponsors! Plenty of rewards and incentive for writers. If anybody else wants to sponsor, let me know. (Chribba is handling the donations for us-- no tinfoil needed). Smile

Judges:
-CCP Eterne
-CCP Falcon
-CSM member Mike Azariah
-myself

Deadline for submissions is November 10, 2013. Check the link for contest rules and start writing, guys. Let's see some more quality stuff like last year. o7

Edit: The entries so far are here. Enjoy some EVE fiction reading.
Sugar Kyle
Middle Ground
#2 - 2013-10-07 02:34:18 UTC
Oh yes. All in.

Member of CSM9 and CSM10.

Random McNally
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#3 - 2013-10-07 02:37:25 UTC
Oh yea!

Quick! To the writing table!!

Host of High Drag Podcast. http://highdrag.wordpress.com/

Space music http://minddivided.com

I G Channel HighDragChat

Broadcast4Reps

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-10-07 02:43:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Il Feytid
Wow. I'm in!

/steals Random McNally writing table
Katsumoto Moliko
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2013-10-07 02:56:01 UTC
Will definitely participate. Time to start brainstorming concepts!
Random McNally
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#6 - 2013-10-07 03:06:00 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Wow. I'm in!

Noooooooooooooooooo

That was my very favorite writing table! Now I shall have to submit my stories on stone tablets. Sad

Curse you Marlona Sky!!!!

I G Channel HighDragChat

Broadcast4Reps

Telegram Sam
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2013-10-07 03:16:42 UTC
Random McNally wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:
Wow. I'm in!

Noooooooooooooooooo

That was my very favorite writing table! Now I shall have to submit my stories on stone tablets. Sad

Ah crap, the writers are already gaming each other! Smile
Random McNally
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#8 - 2013-10-07 03:26:57 UTC
Telegram Sam wrote:
Random McNally wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:
Wow. I'm in!

Noooooooooooooooooo

Ah crap, the writers are already gaming each other! Smile

You expected any less by posting this in GD??

I G Channel HighDragChat

Broadcast4Reps

Job Valador
Professional Amateurs
#9 - 2013-10-07 03:59:01 UTC
I have the story writing prowess of a three year old so i will sit this one out. Good luck folks Cool

"The stone exhibited a profound lack of movement."

Seraph Essael
Air
The Initiative.
#10 - 2013-10-07 04:00:22 UTC
Sounds like fun. I'll give it a go!

Worst that can happen is it absolutely sucks Big smile

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#11 - 2013-10-07 04:06:52 UTC

I wonder how many Scorpions Ishukone Watch were sold to sponsor this. It's a good contest, don't get me wrong. It just would be nice if there was a wider mix of sponsors from all over the Eve community.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Telegram Sam
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2013-10-07 04:07:57 UTC
Indeed indeed. But last time we had a lot of people saying, "I've never written anything before, sorry for the bad stuff, WTH I'm going to submit it." More than a few of those placed in the top tier. Just saying, and not b.s.-ing. Smile
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2013-10-07 04:33:47 UTC
"The only Jovian in Jove space was sitting at his table, sipping on a glowing, blue concoction. Then there was a knock."
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#14 - 2013-10-07 04:42:34 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:
"The only Jovian in Jove space was sitting at his table, sipping on a glowing, blue concoction. Then there was a knock."

When he opened the door, he could not believe who was standing there before him. Every Jovian child knew the stories. But could it really be James 315 standing there?

to be continued...

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Amhra Rho
Accujac Elimination
#15 - 2013-10-07 04:44:18 UTC
"It was a dark and stormy night." Scratch that. It's always dark in space, and there aren't any storms . . . Idea

There's real reasons why your Eve character doesn't do /dance.

Telegram Sam
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2013-10-07 04:49:08 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:

I wonder how many Scorpions Ishukone Watch were sold to sponsor this. It's a good contest, don't get me wrong. It just would be nice if there was a wider mix of sponsors from all over the Eve community.

More sponsors needed! This time I just mailed a few sponsors from last year, and didn't do a full "grant-writing" project. Is there a place to post "Doing an event, need donations?" Might be, but:
-This is a timed contest, so couldn't tip our hand and let some writers get a head start; and
-"Doing an event, need donations" sounds like the kind of thing that could draw trolls and controversy and sour the entire gathering. Don't need politics in a writing event, need freedom to write.

But-- Yes, more sponsors welcome and needed! Give some ISK and make somebody who works hard feel appreciated! Again, anything you donate, you'll transfer directly to the winner. No possible means of being scammed. "Give 'til it hurts." Smile
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#17 - 2013-10-07 05:06:29 UTC

Considering throwing a couple plex into it. But the whole Somer fiasco going on right now may scare other sponsors away from sponsoring the same event. You could come up with another event that is separate and has more widespread sponsorship. I can think of a few people who would likely help sponsor a worthy cause.

Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2013-10-07 05:37:59 UTC
Damn I'm so bad in English :`(
Kalrissia
Temporal Incursion
#19 - 2013-10-07 07:58:53 UTC
I'm so definitely in. I've been writing good England ever since I was a children.
tgl3
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2013-10-07 10:16:43 UTC
I cannot language but count me in.
123Next pageLast page