These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Who else doesn't purchase anything from CCP to protest their immaturity?

Author
Maliandra
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-09-26 13:17:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Maliandra
As title states, who else does this? I think it would be good to get an idea of how much $$$ they might lose from their immaturity. They have lost $120 from me so far, I'm the type that pours money into MMOs but I refuse to support children.

This company basically promotes griefing and trolling. They IP ban people for online stalking, but then temp ban people for trying to rally the community behind them in promoting the suicide of a depressed player.

Consider this scenario: Some jerk won't stop lamenting a player with insults because he has no empathy and enjoy the reaction. The person being insulted gets very upset over time and starts "harassing" the bully to get back at him. CCP bans the victim and allows the bully to carry on.

The amount of times I have seen such vile, horrible unwarranted things said in game... only to report it... only to see that player still active with no consequence. The ToS is a joke, quite honestly. They pick and choose what they want to enforce. The result is some people get IP banned for standing up for what they think is right, while others get no ban at all for turning on their game for the sole purpose of bullying people and laughing as they get upset.

Think about this CCP. You can't deny you indirectly promote online bullying by acting in this way. It's a good thing you allow us to buy PLEX in game. No one with a moral compass at all would hand you a dollar of theirs.

My calculations state I would have coughed up just over $200 by the end of the year. Your loss and I hope others feel the same way as I do and add to that loss.
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#2 - 2013-09-26 13:23:06 UTC
Maliandra wrote:
As title states, who else does this? I think it would be good to get an idea of how much $$$ they might lose from their immaturity. They have lost $120 from me so far, I'm the type that pours money into MMOs but I refuse to support children.

This company basically promotes griefing and trolling. They IP ban people for online stalking, but then temp ban people for trying to rally the community behind them in promoting the suicide of a depressed player.

Consider this scenario: Some jerk won't stop lamenting a player with insults because he has no empathy and enjoy the reaction. The person being insulted gets very upset over time and starts "harassing" the bully to get back at him. CCP bans the victim and allows the bully to carry on.

The amount of times I have seen such vile, horrible unwarranted things said in game... only to report it... only to see that player still active with no consequence. The ToS is a joke, quite honestly. They pick and choose what they want to enforce. The result is some people get IP banned for standing up for what they think is right, while others get no ban at all for turning on their game for the sole purpose of bullying people and laughing as they get upset.

Think about this CCP. You can't deny you indirectly promote online bullying by acting in this way. It's a good thing you allow us to buy PLEX in game. No one with a moral compass at all would hand you a dollar of theirs.

My calculations state I would have coughed up just over $200 by the end of the year. Your loss and I hope others feel the same way as I do and add to that loss.

If you don't like CCP, why are you playing a CCP game?

Also, note to Murk Paradox, the above poster is in an NPC corp lol.
Spurty
#3 - 2013-09-26 13:24:23 UTC
Keep your hair on .. oh too late ... what?

If I want to play, I will pay.

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Lord LazyGhost
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-09-26 13:27:37 UTC
in before the army of trolls
Red Templar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2013-09-26 13:28:43 UTC
Boycotts are immature.

[b]For Love. For Peace. For Honor.

For None of the Above.

For Pony![/b]

Cpt Tirel
Institute For Continuous Glory
#6 - 2013-09-26 14:46:40 UTC
Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#7 - 2013-09-26 14:49:12 UTC
My accounts:

3 days left
10 days left
6 days left

and still one with a few weeks.

So -4 Smile **** you CCP, **** your t2 bpo lotteries and **** you for being absolutely head over heels in your own ****.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-09-26 14:49:27 UTC
i don't care if somebody loses something
i only care when i get something instead

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Lee Saisima
Doomheim
#9 - 2013-09-26 14:59:02 UTC
What is this actually about? Or did a closet full of forum activists just happen to tip over and spill out in this thread? Shocked
Spurty
#10 - 2013-09-26 18:56:32 UTC
Effectively CCP are doing two things.

First inversely affects the second

1) materializing new versions of old ships lost and folklore worthy
2) dropping the value of existing collectors ships (originals)

I care about neither personally. Never been a trillionaire nor do I care to try. Certainly not going to launch my rattle out of my pram about some other guy getting lucky.

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#11 - 2013-09-26 19:04:40 UTC
CCP should write in every answer to petitonn only 4 letters: HTFU, no exceptions.
Koki Ottic
Merry dancers in the sky
#12 - 2013-09-26 19:10:32 UTC
Leaving the gameSad? Contract your phat loot to meLol
KrakizBad
Section 8.
#13 - 2013-09-26 19:14:57 UTC
Maliandra wrote:
It's a good thing you allow us to buy PLEX in game. No one with a moral compass at all would hand you a dollar of theirs.

I like the part where you don't realize buying PLEX in game gives CCP more money than just paying for your account.
Liam Inkuras
Girls.
Kingless.
#14 - 2013-09-26 19:27:44 UTC
Can I have your stuff?

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
Wild Geese.
#15 - 2013-09-26 19:45:59 UTC
KrakizBad wrote:
Maliandra wrote:
It's a good thing you allow us to buy PLEX in game. No one with a moral compass at all would hand you a dollar of theirs.

I like the part where you don't realize buying PLEX in game gives CCP more money than just paying for your account.

Didn't you know? PLEX is magic.
Tollen Gallen
Glory of Reprisal Enterprise
#16 - 2013-09-26 19:57:08 UTC
IB4 something

I like EVE, and CCP has done me no wrong so far

Zimmy Zeta - I f*cking love martinis. the original ones, with gin, not that vodka martini crap. Your old Friends can use me for 7 days, free!!!

Snagletooth Johnson
Snagle Material Services
CAStabouts
#17 - 2013-09-26 20:45:17 UTC
Plex is Free Obama Money.
Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#18 - 2013-09-26 20:46:29 UTC
The more your type of people cry, the more EvE Online grows.

The Tears Must Flow

Maliandra
Doomheim
#19 - 2013-09-28 06:54:22 UTC
I'm gonna bump this but for a specific reason.

I made this thread before I was aware of the SOMER Blink fiasco. Think about that for a moment. Nearly everything I'm saying in the OP is being repeated by dozens of people in the community on a daily basis since this SOMER incident.

What does that tell you, CCP? Someone makes all these negative claims about you. Then AFTER these claims are made, you go and commit actions which cause the rest of the community to more or less agree with me here.

How ridiculous, lol.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2013-09-28 07:01:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Andski
Maliandra wrote:
The amount of times I have seen such vile, horrible unwarranted things said in game... only to report it... only to see that player still active with no consequence.

I know. I hear from so many honest players whose favorite pastime is blowing up exhumers in hisec that they've reported players who harass them with disgusting, hateful messages, but never face consequences.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

123Next page