These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Training more than one character on an account

Author
Admiral Lolage
GWA Corp
#1 - 2011-10-26 18:11:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Admiral Lolage
I have a very simple idea. That is for you too pay an extra subscription per month on a single account if you want to train more than one character at once. E.g. I have 3 character on an account and I want to train 2 of them so I pay an extra subscription a month or 2 plex to train 2 at once or 3 plex to train all 3 at once. So that's one plex per character training

Rainbow Dash is best pony! /)^3^(\

Velicitia
XS Tech
#2 - 2011-10-26 19:13:17 UTC
no.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Sir HappyPants
Caldari Innovations and Research
Vicious Circle.
#3 - 2011-10-26 19:38:58 UTC
If you are willing to pay for a single account twice, why not pay for two accounts once?

If it is to avoid the $20 pilot xfer fee, then you are fighting a losing battle with CCP on that one.
Member of the #TweetFleet   @thisurlnotfound
Taint
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2011-10-26 19:58:10 UTC
No, pay for another acount .
Nezumiiro Noneko
Alternative Enterprises
#5 - 2011-10-26 21:26:57 UTC
never saw the point behind this....

you want to train a second char, willing to pay full value for it, but don't want to run a 2nd,3rd account.

With that 2nd/3rd account you can dual box. Cool stuff. Someone learns leadership/fleet boost skills and voila its "free" bonuses. Free in that you aren't paying for faction/DS gear to get bonuses. Or get the ds gear and jsut have moar boosts. Or run a ghetto logi. t1 cruiser boosted for it, named remote reps/transfer or t2 if motivated.....and you can have max gank pve ships since tank can be real basic. Quick train all in all, the alt doesn't need to be logistics 5 and all that happy horse crap. Or have them take a week to be decent salvager. Mission like AE a thing of beauty with alt wreck cleaners. Figthting in room 2, cleaning up room 1 at the same time. Move on up the rest of the rooms like that.

Yes you have the transfer fee when done. run this alt right, you'll make up the money anyway.
Breaker77
Reclamation Industries
#6 - 2011-10-26 21:59:09 UTC
Nezumiiro Noneko wrote:

you want to train a second char, willing to pay full value for it, but don't want to run a 2nd,3rd account.

Research, invention, production, trading skills, and PI are all useful for same account characters.

It's all passive work that can take months to train up for, but once fully trained might take only a couple of minutes per week to utilize everything.

A second account with characters training industry or rocket science will be of no use to your main character as far as fleet bonuses, remote repping, ect...

Crexa
Ion Industrials
#7 - 2011-10-26 22:06:24 UTC
Better if they allow you to train two characters on the same account at 75% normal skill points per hour, and 3 at 50%.

"F=ma, so obviously they're putting mouths against arses to produce a force." "...its breakfast time and i am very hungry. may i have some of your paint chips?"

Maul555
Xen Investments
Xen Combine
#8 - 2011-10-26 22:10:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Maul555
There is already an existing thread about this exact same topic with almost the exact same suggestion on the first page here in this section. Multiple threads on the same issue with just a few posts are what keeps devs from reading it. contribute to existing threads and give your ideas a chance please.
Nezumiiro Noneko
Alternative Enterprises
#9 - 2011-10-26 23:22:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Nezumiiro Noneko
Breaker77 wrote:
Nezumiiro Noneko wrote:

Research, invention, production, trading skills, and PI are all useful for same account characters.

It's all passive work that can take months to train up for, but once fully trained might take only a couple of minutes per week to utilize everything.

A second account with characters training industry or rocket science will be of no use to your main character as far as fleet bonuses, remote repping, ect...

PI and indy.....think outside the box. Main is spamming level 4's. alt is doing indy. While main saving the the damsel (again) the alt is doing PI, working producttion research jobs, etc. 2 for one special there alt tabbed. Vice picking if its the main running missions or the the indy doing his thing for the night.

PVP even better. I had one char out in 0.0 blowjng up ships, indy char was in empire making money to replace them. Almost no downtime for ops since it was all alt tabbed.. I bashed a pos, alt did his thing alt tabbed the whole time. . All the order put in or taken out, hit the daily double for the datacores (may as well...its not buy a titan in 2 weeks money but isk is isk to me). If I got lucky, storyline unlocked that was a courier with a good implant. 20 million to make 3 jumps....sure Ill take the job. When you jsut lost your 3rd drake for the night and you can't rat money is money. Beggars can't be choosers lol.
Breaker77
Reclamation Industries
#10 - 2011-10-26 23:51:10 UTC
Nezumiiro Noneko wrote:

PI and indy.....think outside the box. Main is spamming level 4's. alt is doing indy. While main saving the the damsel (again) the alt is doing PI, working producttion research jobs, etc. 2 for one special there alt tabbed. Vice picking if its the main running missions or the the indy doing his thing for the night.

You do know that it takes about 4-5 minutes to start PI on 6 planets, 11 science jobs and 11 production jobs?

I highly doubt that giving up 10 minutes a day for 2 characters would cause that great of loss on earning ISK with your main running missions.

Nezumiiro Noneko
Alternative Enterprises
#11 - 2011-10-27 00:33:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Nezumiiro Noneko
Breaker77 wrote:
Nezumiiro Noneko wrote:

You do know that it takes about 4-5 minutes to start PI on 6 planets, 11 science jobs and 11 production jobs?

I highly doubt that giving up 10 minutes a day for 2 characters would cause that great of loss on earning ISK with your main running missions.

yes I know. I also know if you fly arround jsut over 1 region you can get better times in public labs. My indy does this often. region scan shows crap invention wait times, next region over I can drop 11 jobs jsut like that. making small stuff looking 20-30 invents for the night jsut to clear out bpc's (ammo bpc's tend to pile up for me).

And like i keep saying, your datacore runs. Mine takes an hour to run with agent spacing but I afk it to have it not suck so bad). Want to give that up with a lv 4 capable agent, your call on that one. Its decent money over time with sales or good money saved if used for invents. PLus months of it has me POS capable in empire.5 space, soon to be .6 if I go that route. If you are doing your 6 data core agents at level 4, can I ask what corps and science skills? CCP spread these out far and wide and I have looked for easier ways.

You aren't getting multi training. CCP likes that transfer fee when training an alt. may as well put that 2nd account to work. Not likliking my ways to make work out better for you....by all means keep logging in for 10 minutes. transfer fee is not going away. Unlike plex its straight rl money completely out of game. Just like that account start up fee. Now if you use that alt, make a few extra hundred millionover what you have now.....thats more isk in game to not even care about the fee.
Breaker77
Reclamation Industries
#12 - 2011-10-27 00:47:33 UTC
I'm not disagreeing with anything you are saying.

At one point in time I was running 12 characters on 4 accounts for invention and production, plus I developed 3 extra "main" characters in the process. Those very useful characters that can support a mission runner, run freighters, logistics, support your own mini mining op, ect..

There are pros and cons to both sides of it. Personally I would not spend twice the money if I could only log in 1 character at a time. That seems like a waste to me. I was just pointing out that it does indeed have a very useful application for others who might want to try something new.

Maul555
Xen Investments
Xen Combine
#13 - 2011-10-27 00:49:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Maul555
This is mostly useful for the small things. Like when I just needed a half competent scan alt to store in the WH and not touch in case of an emergency. I don't need a 2nd account for something so rarely used, yet surprisingly critical. don't want to give up the train time on the main, but I am forced to because the job just isn't worth a 2nd account. I am sure there are many other such scenarios for different tasks... But some people will inevitably train up a character like its their main for a while, then fork over that $20 to CCP because of their own stupidity and lack of forethought. I don't care about them, and they should not be a reason to not implement a feature like this. Idiots get to punish themselves, CCP makes some extra cash, gets a new isk, and we all get a bit more flexibility. win - win - win - win, I don't really see any downside.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#14 - 2011-10-27 01:18:54 UTC
Maul555 wrote:
I don't want to give up the train time on the main, but I am forced to because the job just isn't worth a 2nd account. I am sure there are many other such scenarios for different tasks...

Perish the thought that you would have to make a decision that has consequences at any point in your life.

Do I spend this $20k on a new car, or a new rental property? Once you spend the money on one thing, you can't spend it on the other. Oh noes! A decision with consequences! Learn to make decisions when there are consequences. "Losing" a few weeks training time on your main is the consequence of gaining some utility on those other two characters on the one account.

If you can't face the consequences, don't train those two characters.

Alternately, if you're willing to spend ISK or money to train the second character, why are you so cheap that you don't want to spend the 2 PLEX to trade the character from the training account to the destination account?