These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

E-Cigarettes

Author
Alara IonStorm
#1 - 2013-07-04 02:11:02 UTC
Hey I am looking to get nicotine E-Cigarettes in Canada. Does anyone know a site that sells and ships nicotine E-cigs here?

Something cheap would be preferable so I can try it and I am not out a lot if it gets seized.
Rotten Tuna
VSP Corp.
#2 - 2013-07-04 02:51:05 UTC
For disposable ecigs, I'd probably recommend the NJOY King. In the US, you can get them from a lot of different stores, but I'm not sure about Canada. You can order from their website, but they're more expensive than in the store. My local drugstore sells them for about $7 each and the NJOY website sells for $9 each.

They're surprisingly good for a disposable. I had to buy one when I ran out of juice and neglected to order more ahead of time a few weeks ago.

NJOY website

A review of the NJOY by Grimm Green

Personally, I use a Provari Mini with a Joyetech 510 atomizer. It's a variable voltage ecig (meaning you can adjust the power to suit your vaping experience) and one of the best on the market.

Provari Mini

If you need anymore ecig info, just ask and I can point you in the right direction!
Malaclypse Muscaria
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2013-07-04 03:29:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Malaclypse Muscaria
I don't have anything to say about e-cigarettes, I know next to nothing about it, but I presume you are trying to quit smoking?

After 20 years I've quit recently (though I wasn't really a super-hardcore smoker), and it's been tough, but it feels so good. I picked on chewing piles of gum instead of e-cigs to help out when the cravings got pretty bad, but so far I'm handling it.

It's also been hard trying to ignore my mind attempting to fool myself ("You can get away with having just a few pufs, that's it, and then smoke no more"). But on times when the temptation was getting too big to handle, I would inject some needed motivation by googling about all the hineous effects smoking tobacco has on your body.

Damn, it's been a month since my last cigarette and just 30 minutes ago I was feeling once again the back of my head screaming for a smoke.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, good luck, keep it up and take care, it's worth it.
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#4 - 2013-07-04 06:12:54 UTC
I don't know about up there but our smoke shops around here regularly sell them now.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Daniel Whateley
#5 - 2013-07-04 11:15:18 UTC
It's going to be really hard for you to get e-cigs to canada, i thought they banned them there for importing? i'm going to be getting my mum or dad the elusion e-cig's, but it says not for sale to canada and US... which i find really weird, i'm guessing it's law that you cant import them
Random McNally
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#6 - 2013-07-04 14:47:16 UTC
Minnesota just passed a tax increase on cigarettes and now they're up to $8 a pack.

Thanks a lot, motherf**kers!

Will be looking into E-Cigs as well.

Host of High Drag Podcast. http://highdrag.wordpress.com/

Space music http://minddivided.com

I G Channel HighDragChat

Broadcast4Reps

Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#7 - 2013-07-04 15:14:18 UTC
Random McNally wrote:
Minnesota just passed a tax increase on cigarettes and now they're up to $8 a pack.

Thanks a lot, motherf**kers!

Will be looking into E-Cigs as well.

Part of the reason why I switched to pipe tobacco. I can pick up a 12 oz bag for $25 and that will last me weeks. The unfortunate downside however is that I think it's worse at permeating clothes which becomes very noticeable when it gets hot like it is now. I've taken up carrying a bottle of Febreeze to hose myself down with if it starts getting bad.

Fearghaz Tiwas
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-07-04 16:32:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Fearghaz Tiwas
Just thought I'd chuck my hat in here. I use E-lites in the UK and have been off the cigs now since new years. I found that with gum, I'd really struggle to not smoke when I drank, especially when all my mates smoke. I've even found that I can have the odd one here and there (when i've forgotten my e-cig or whatever) and been able to stop again the next day. They aren't the ideal tool for ridding yourself of the addiction, but I have certainly felt a lot healthier since I made the switch.

Have to say though, that a few of my mates have tried doing the same thing, and pretty much failed. I put it down to an attitude thing. I really didn't want to smoke fags anymore.

Also, just to let you know, a pack of 20 has been nearly £8.00 in the uk for a while now. How people can keep up a 20 a day habit on low incomes baffles me
Throktar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#9 - 2013-07-04 16:38:20 UTC
I vape now and it is great! You can use it anywhere and no bad smells. I have mine with 20 on the nicotine scale and it will not make me want to smoke...to much. It works and is great, but do not get the ones that look like cigarettes. The battery and the amount of vapor you get is pathetic. Spend the cash and get one of the kits for about 100 bucks that has big batteries and the vaporizer can hold about 4 to 6 packs worth of hits. It is worth the initial investment and your lungs will thank you.

Where I get mine. STL Vapor

PS get the batteries that have the 3 day charge! Trust me
Kristopher Rocancourt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2013-07-04 18:21:56 UTC
man-up and quit cold turkey.
people that say its impossible have no spine.

http://killalliance.co.uk/tears/tears-holeysheet/

Alara IonStorm
#11 - 2013-07-04 18:35:51 UTC
Okay thanks for the links, I will check those out. I bought a non nicotine disposable to get the feel of it, it is not bad at all. Anyone actually got them inside Canada?
Rotten Tuna
VSP Corp.
#12 - 2013-07-04 19:11:31 UTC
Here's a link to the Canada section of the ECF site, you might be able to find for info there- clicky!
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#13 - 2013-07-04 19:40:48 UTC
Kristopher Rocancourt wrote:
man-up and quit cold turkey.
people that say its impossible have no spine.

What does a horrible crippling defect have to do with smoking?

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
#14 - 2013-07-04 20:17:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Akita T
Google makes this one show up a lot : http://www.canadaecigs.ca
Can't speak about reliability since I live on the other side of the globe.

Side-note, 644 days since I last smoked tobacco and started vaping.
Only wanted to quit smoking, NEVER wanted to quit nicotine, was just looking for a less damaging delivery method.
All nasty side-effects of smoking are gone (at least as far as I can notice), but probably doing double the nicotine I used to with ciggies, if not more.
Awesome.

Using almost exclusively pure (or nearly pure) PG base liquids (VG ? yuck!) with nicotine concentrations usually between 18 and 24 mg/ml (sometimes higher), consuming usually between 2 and 3 ml/day.
Started with tobacco-like flavours, passed on to almost exclusively fruity/sweet aromas soon afterwards and kept on going. Personal favs are mixes of ~25-30% "Red Bull", ~25-30% "Honey", 5-10% mint, 3-5% vanilla, rest random fruity flavour(s) (grape, peach, strawberry, watermelon, cherry).
1000(+) mAh USB passthrough variable voltage (4+ V usually) batteries, serviceable LR (usually 1.8 ohm) cleartomizers.
Rain6636
Team Evil
#15 - 2013-07-04 21:24:02 UTC
my roommate gave me a usb rechargeable one... Joyetech 510/510T ...comes with two batteries. hasn't failed--except I think he gave me a different type of fluid thing (the 'not-battery' half), and the combination is perfect.

I wasn't aware there were issues getting this product into Canada. good luck.

side note: I started using these in 2009 before anyone knew what they were. had to endure the weird looks from my platoon, etc. now everyone uses it and i feel like a poseur. you can't win
Tumahub
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2013-07-04 23:05:36 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

pipe tobacco.

This.
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#17 - 2013-07-05 17:09:59 UTC
Malaclypse Muscaria wrote:
I don't have anything to say about e-cigarettes, I know next to nothing about it, but I presume you are trying to quit smoking?

After 20 years I've quit recently (though I wasn't really a super-hardcore smoker), and it's been tough, but it feels so good. I picked on chewing piles of gum instead of e-cigs to help out when the cravings got pretty bad, but so far I'm handling it.

It's also been hard trying to ignore my mind attempting to fool myself ("You can get away with having just a few pufs, that's it, and then smoke no more"). But on times when the temptation was getting too big to handle, I would inject some needed motivation by googling about all the hineous effects smoking tobacco has on your body.

Damn, it's been a month since my last cigarette and just 30 minutes ago I was feeling once again the back of my head screaming for a smoke.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, good luck, keep it up and take care, it's worth it.

Well done mate, stick with it. I know those "You can get away with having just a few puffs" thoughts. Thinking that got me smoking again after quitting for a month. Ugh Hang in there, you're past the worst part of it.
Zane Tekitsu
The Munitions Miracle Network
#18 - 2013-07-06 00:48:19 UTC
I cant tell you anything about Canada, but the 3 cartons worth of cash I have invested in the myriad of batteries, carts, and accessories I have is well worth it. I use a modified 510 style 220ma 'battery,' and even with basic carts, and juice, it smokes cool and smooth like shisha.
One word of warning, don't get the juice called "Camel" for it tastes of ass.
Daniel Whateley
#19 - 2013-07-06 01:01:42 UTC
Just a friendly reminder, i noticed some people said that it doesn't help you give up, it's not designed for that, it's to replace the smoke with vapour.

Also i just bought an elusion e-cig, it'll be here in a couple days for my father which has smoked since he's been 18 and now is in his late 50's, he's very interested, and since a pack of smokes in australia is AUD$23, which is UK 11, and USD$22... these e-cigs would probably save $17 per cartridge, which would be a good $10k minimum a year.

You can get them in canada and US, where it's usually banned to purchase or import to, but you have to find somewhere that will sell them to canada or US, i've been looking and haven't found anything yet, most of the sites i come across says "we do not ship to canada or US" but strangely they'll ship to the UK, i guess the laws there aren't as strict, i know the state i live in has banned local sale of them... which i understand is only in place cause they can't tax the nicotine, which i think is just stupid.
Pr1ncess Alia
Doomheim
#20 - 2013-07-06 01:08:44 UTC
Anything more healthy than a cigarette that gets a cigarette out of your hands is probably a good thing.

That said,

when I was trying to quit smoking I tried these things and they gave me a pretty good shortness of breath. I also noticed if I wasn't careful I'd get a bit too much nicotine (which makes you feel terrible and can't be healthy)

So, they weren't for me. But I have at least a half dozen friends that have been using them successfully and happily and haven't looked back at smokes.

I quit cold turkey. I don't remember how long it's been (not the type to count months or weeks) but I know it's been over a year. *fingers crossed*
123Next pageLast page