These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Targets Lags on Unlock after killing them

Author
Mike AntHunt
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-06-09 01:00:49 UTC
Since Odyssey, When multiple targets are locked and I kill one or one leaves grid, it flashes for a second or two and then it disappears rather than disappearing automatically. This causes lag between switching targets and has cost me a kill or two since the target switch took that extra second or two. This is very annoying. Is anyone else experiencing this lag?
WREV Ofsharrow
Eternal Seekers of Darkness
#2 - 2013-06-09 09:50:15 UTC
I have also been having what I take to be lag problems when switching targets since Odyssey. I have noticed this more when mining and salvaging in particular. Having been used to a one click change of target I am now often having to click numerous times on the targetted objects icon to change to this target. This is resulting in me often not having switched target at all and thus deploying 2 or sometimes 3 lasers on to the same roid or having lots of frustration when using the Noctis to salvage, an operation that involves lots of quick target changes.
Xeraphi
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-06-09 10:38:49 UTC
I was too busy not looking at the screen due to the flashing causing my eyes to hurt to notice any lag. Hopefully you guys can get a little more attention to the problems with this new and unnecessary ui change. Still no response to my petition.

The targets don't need to flash to let us know we killed something, there are other, simpler, less jarring and painful ways to get the information across, such as a simple floating text announcement like any other dps announcement.

New target lock death animation problem #1 ^ eye strain and pain Temporary workaround found to one of these.

Xeraphi
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-06-10 11:58:15 UTC
Response to the petiton is that there's no way to turn it off and to make a thread for it in the suggestions forum. Hopefully they can do a fix before my sub is up in a couple of weeks. However I'm still unable to play the game in the meantime due to this problem.

New target lock death animation problem #1 ^ eye strain and pain Temporary workaround found to one of these.