These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Standings

Author
Drago Shouna
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-05-30 11:41:01 UTC
Hiya, I just moved systems and i'm a little confused by something.

In the station I made home there are 2 x L2 security missions and one L2 distribution mission.

What's the best way to get the station tax down? Run all 3 agents or concentrate on just one of them?

Also at what standing with a particular agent will I have gotten the tax to 0%, I appreciate I need 6.7 with the owners, but how does it equate to the agent?

Regards

Drago

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

El 1974
Green Visstick High
#2 - 2013-05-30 11:54:05 UTC
Agent standings are irrelevant for your refining tax, it's all about corporation and faction standing. So just pick whatever agent gives you the mission you like most. You are free to do missions for agents in other stations of that corporation as well.
Drago Shouna
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2013-05-30 12:03:34 UTC
Cheers.

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Gianath
Gallentian Legitimate Businessmen
#4 - 2013-05-30 16:22:47 UTC
Drago Shouna wrote:

In the station I made home there are 2 x L2 security missions and one L2 distribution mission.

What's the best way to get the station tax down? Run all 3 agents or concentrate on just one of them?

Also at what standing with a particular agent will I have gotten the tax to 0%, I appreciate I need 6.7 with the owners, but how does it equate to the agent?

Regards

Drago

For fastest corp standing gains, try to find an area where that corp has a storyline agent, and several distribution agents in the level 2-4 range. Many corps have such a setup where you can just ferry deliveries back and forth (often between two or more of the same corp-owned stations), but you may have to travel to low sec in some cases, so a blockade runner would help with that.

When you hit your 16th mission, the storyline comes from the same corp since he is the closest one, and that really powers up your standings. I can usually go from 1.0 to 7 standings in less than a day doing this when I need get perfect refining in a new station I'll be calling home for awhile.

I would also recommend bringing along as much Omber and Kernite for the level 3 and 4 storyline missions, especially if you are going to be in a remote region of space where they aren't normally found. It'll save a lot of time and money later.
Drago Shouna
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2013-05-30 18:46:11 UTC
Gianath wrote:
Drago Shouna wrote:

Regards

Drago

For fastest corp standing gains, try to find an area where that corp has a storyline agent, and several distribution agents in the level 2-4 range. Many corps have such a setup where you can just ferry deliveries back and forth (often between two or more of the same corp-owned stations), but you may have to travel to low sec in some cases, so a blockade runner would help with that.

When you hit your 16th mission, the storyline comes from the same corp since he is the closest one, and that really powers up your standings. I can usually go from 1.0 to 7 standings in less than a day doing this when I need get perfect refining in a new station I'll be calling home for awhile.

I would also recommend bringing along as much Omber and Kernite for the level 3 and 4 storyline missions, especially if you are going to be in a remote region of space where they aren't normally found. It'll save a lot of time and money later.

Good advice on the ores, Scordite is my poison atm :-) (for the storyline missions so far at least)

The station i'm in has a storyline agent as well (Distribution).

I honestly got confused by thinking that my station standings were influenced by my agent standings..ie with 3 agents and standings of 3.4/5.9 and 6.5 I thought the standings were determined by the highest standing agent. That's why I asked about concentrating on one agent rather than 3.

The lowest level one is the Distribution agent and after doing a few missions this afternoon I did notice my standing increase with the station...so thanks for the advice guys, I think I got it at last :-)

Welcome to EVE.