These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

WE NEED NEW L4 MISSIONS !!!

Author
Gaming God
Gaming God Corporation
#1 - 2013-05-22 02:58:56 UTC
Its great that you screw up the log in screen and that you fuckt up caldari over the years but what we realy need is new level 4 missions.

You told us years ago that its more easy to put in new missions ! Whel hell make it so .

Please its time do someting .
Jade III
Sebiestor Tribe
#2 - 2013-05-22 03:58:38 UTC
Yeah, and please make the distribution missions more interesting. Like having more fights in them instead of just delivering stuff....it gets boring after a while.

My adventure blog: http://lonewolfadventures.wordpress.com/

Luc Chastot
#3 - 2013-05-22 04:15:57 UTC
All pve content in EVE should be revamped and brought up to 2013 standards.

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Kirimeena D'Zbrkesbris
Republic Military Tax Avoiders
#4 - 2013-05-22 04:30:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Kirimeena D'Zbrkesbris
Luc Chastot wrote:

And what are those 2013 standarts for questsmissions? Kill 20-40-100 mobs ships, deliver a package, gather some of certain resource - we already have all of that.

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

Hesod Adee
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-05-22 04:59:17 UTC
Kirimeena D'Zbrkesbris wrote:
Luc Chastot wrote:

And what are those 2013 standarts for quests/missions? Kill 20-40-100 mobs ships, deliver a package, gather some of certain resource - we already have all of that.

The gameplay keeps halting for a cutscene that wasn't interesting the first time you saw it but you are unable to skip Lol
Ruze
Next Stage Initiative
Trans-Stellar Industries
#6 - 2013-05-22 05:14:26 UTC
While the standard trope of MMO missions is 'collect 20 eagle feathers' or 'experience 2 long cutscenes that don't accurately reflect your character', there were some good ones' in my book. The basic delivery of the City of Villains 'newspaper' quests was pretty enjoyable, and the Tabula Rasa 'radio' and fortress protection experiences brought a lot of life into the game.

But the best bet for CCP is to develop a form 'EvE Construction Set' and allow players to build and design missions which, after passing an approval process governed by CCP, would be installed in the game as further randomly accepted content. Let the players, many of us having great imaginations. Missions, by the thousands, and players would do it for free.

If you're driven to threaten others with harm or violence because of what they do in game, you can't separate fantasy from reality. That "griefer/thief" is probably more sane than you are. How screwed up is that?

Loco Kamikaze
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2013-05-22 12:26:21 UTC
New level 4 and level 1 missions:

Level 1 mission: 15 rookies must fight a faction battleship at x location

Level 4 mission: must fight 15 rookies at x location

problem solved

that I should worry about losing my hearing is nonsense, because there will always be -=BASS=-

Meditril
Science and Industry Syndicate
Cavemen.
#8 - 2013-05-22 12:46:38 UTC
Guys, really if your missions are lacking thrill then you should really join Faction Warefare and run your missions there. Not only that you make much, much, much more ISk by this way, no you also get additional thrill and your missions will look every time different and you will find different intelligent targets to kill.
Carthas Onasi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-05-22 13:02:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Carthas Onasi
Rather than having such generic missions and a pretty standard set of mission running ships I would love to see some diversity.

For example:

Class specific missions for frigates, cruisers etc of varying difficulty...

This could even be incorporated in such a way that gives people more of a PVP feel to what they are doing and possibly even bridge the learning gap between the two completely different styles of play. Obviously the rats would require AI tweaks and be fitted in a more unforgiving way (more webs / scrams etc, kiters and anything else you could encounter in the "real" eve content)

I know EVE is a team game with the focus around player driven content but something like this to do solo could actually offer quite a lot of entertainment and could even be quite immersive in itself.

Personally I'm just starting to get into PVP outside of high-sec dueling and although I know the basics there are times where I feel I know absolutely nothing. Especially when it comes to picking my fights and dealing with situations where the enemy is at the opposite end of the spectrum to how I have fit my own ship.
I dont mind losing ships but when it comes to making my money back to continue with the PVP "fun" the current system is just too boring to inspire me to do it.

Edit:
Meditril - saw your post after typing mine. I recently joined faction warfare but havent tried the missions yet. Ive just been looking for fights so I will do as you suggest and see what its like!
Velicitia
XS Tech
#10 - 2013-05-22 13:29:06 UTC
Luc Chastot wrote:

I read this as "removed" Oops

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Adunh Slavy
#11 - 2013-05-22 13:45:31 UTC
Proceduraly generated missions.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Joelleaveek
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-05-22 13:54:18 UTC
I don't think we need more of the same missions, i think PvE should be totally reworked. Things like: dynamic NPCs, scaling to the number of players, actual fail conditions.
Meditril
Science and Industry Syndicate
Cavemen.
#13 - 2013-05-22 14:47:55 UTC
I do not think that CCP should really invest more into PVE missions. I rather think that it would be more useful if CCP would think how they can combine missiones with PVP. Faction warefare missions are a good start, but it is so easy to simply avoid any PVP while on the other side it is also soo easy to completly lock up the mission with a blob. Therefore CCP should invent a solution to this to create fair fights. For example, if I want to take a FW-mission then I should commit to a ship. Depending on the power of my ship take a contra-mission for the other side should spawn which asks someone to be my opponent for this mission. However, the mechanics should be that the enemy should not be able to simply out blob or out gun me.
Jen Ann Tonique
Doomheim
#14 - 2013-05-22 19:50:58 UTC
I would like to see new missions put into the game. I'm all for more content.
Bear

Jen Ann Tonique does not approve of this product and/or service. Any comments contained herin are to be taken not seriously and no person/s shall hold Jen Ann Tonique responsible for any damage real and/or imagined due to use or misuse of above comment. By reading this statement you agree to the above terms.

TomyLobo
U2EZ
#15 - 2013-05-22 20:35:17 UTC
A good idea would be to introduce missions that require about 30 minutes or more to complete. Introduce all kinds of challenges like hacking of objects to retrieve items, depositing said items to unlock a portal or gate, chasing down a target, running away from npcs, etc...
Introducing long, hard and well-payed missions will force members to bring their friends/corpies or even strangers along which will in turn improve social interaction.
Shade Alidiana
PROSPERO Corporation
MinTek Conglomerate
#16 - 2013-05-22 21:07:59 UTC
Dynamic mission generator would be great, especially if you let it form the surrounding world. This way, the whole scene of empire space would look completely different: where noone runs missions, security eventually drops down as CONCORD and factional forces deplete, and in crowded systems you quickly destroy any presence and after some time get no serious missions at all. Like Cargo Delivery, but without the pirate spawn. The same way number and amount of belt rats, deadspace complexes etc could vary depending on how much punishment they take.

And dynamic missions themselves could have some standard patterns with +- randomly generated exact content, + they might have different results depending on the way you cpmplete it.

Yes, and I like the idea of long, universal missions with all kinds of engagements and everything. Really, really love it.
Erutpar Ambient
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2013-05-22 22:47:30 UTC
Roller coasters for the theme park? No thanks. What we need is more social interaction venues. We need more frigate only gated areas where u can fight for stuff against other people... That's be balla right there!

Maybe a site that spawns a hackable can every 20 minutes or so that gives temporary suspect status while in the site.
L1 - Frigate/Destroyer
L2 - Cruiser
L3 - Battle Cruiser
L4 - Battleship

Preferably tech 1 only.

For the sake of newbies doing pvp, maybe it could eject you from the site when your ship gets blown up so you don't have to worry about losing your pod.

I think this would be a better high sec activity than additional robot missions.
Jen Ann Tonique
Doomheim
#18 - 2013-05-22 22:53:27 UTC
What's wrong with PVE content exactly?

There is plenty of things to do with groups. Single player PVE has been outright neglected because some people can't stand the fact that some other people like to play in the sandbox by themselves. Not everything has to be centered around group play you know.

Jen Ann Tonique does not approve of this product and/or service. Any comments contained herin are to be taken not seriously and no person/s shall hold Jen Ann Tonique responsible for any damage real and/or imagined due to use or misuse of above comment. By reading this statement you agree to the above terms.

Erutpar Ambient
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2013-05-23 03:27:48 UTC
Jen Ann Tonique wrote:
What's wrong with PVE content exactly?

There is plenty of things to do with groups. Single player PVE has been outright neglected because some people can't stand the fact that some other people like to play in the sandbox by themselves. Not everything has to be centered around group play you know.

Nothing wrong with PVE content completely, in and of itself, but it doesn't really fit in the Cycle of Eve http://jestertrek.com/eve/blog/2012/balance-yes.png

Harvest -> Build -> Mission -> Buy New Ships -> Collect 1 of each ship ... That isn't what Eve is. Solo missioning breaks the cycle of Harvest > Build > Destroy > Harvest

As long as there's no new Isk Faucets and maybe if they remove some current ones associated with Solo Missioning then i might be a little bit less opposed to it.
Loco Kamikaze
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2013-05-23 09:31:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Loco Kamikaze
how about limiting mission levels by SP, or hull size skills.

example: upper limit of mission levels 1, 2, 3, 4 is destroyer, cruiser, battlecruisers, battleships

allows perfect frigate/ destroyer-in-training pilots in level 1s, cruiser and below in level 2...

also pitted against other capsuleers, so that someone always loses and won't be able to turn in their mission until they try again and succeed

game mechanic-wise, turn on duelling for both sides of the mission

that I should worry about losing my hearing is nonsense, because there will always be -=BASS=-

12Next page