These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

cloaky campers

Author
Kung Padecain
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-05-13 01:11:45 UTC
Ok a lot of people have put in ideas to counter cloaky campers but as far as i know there isnt any idea accepted. I see that it is going to be a challenge to solve this issue without destroying the game too much.

but the problem (certainly since the black ops change) is ********! complete regions are camped with one cloaky in each good ratting/mining system. this way a dozen alts can make a complete region unrattable without a almost 100% chance that they can kill you whenever they want. without being able to do ANYTHING to counter it

if you bring cheap ship to rat they can blow you up in a single stealth bomber if you bring flagship they put up cyno or covert cyno and jump in 30 friends all press F1 once and you in an egg

this has nothing to do with PVP and as it is not possible to do anything against it i think it should be fixed ASAP

i think that a covert cyno still works in a cyno jammed system is ******** its cyno jammed therefor a cyno should not work being covert doesnt change that. a bird cant see glass either but it cant fly through like it doesnt exist same reason the covert cyno should not work.

also there should be a maximum time that you can cloak say an hour and after that you cant cloak for 5 min

put those two changes in effect and PVP wont change at all but cloaky campers cant cloak unlimited time and be effective while at work or sleeping
Gerrick Palivorn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-05-13 01:25:12 UTC
No idea is accepted because there is no problem. If you come forward with a sensible solution that retains balance to intel and cloaking then maybe I'll consider your post to be serious. As it stands now you show that you:

a) don't know how to use or appreciate the search button in the forums
b) don't have the first clue about the way cloaking is supposed to work
c) want null to be safer than high sec
d) lack the respect for other people to appreciate there chosen gameplay (cloaking tactics)
e) and don't understand why covert cyno's bypass cyno jammers

With enough effort no place in eve should ever be 100% safe. Either learn how to counter the cloaking tactics or go back to highsec.

MMOs come and go, but Eve remains.  -Garresh-

Pan Dora
Stardust Enterprises
#3 - 2013-05-13 01:26:59 UTC
try this

-CCP would boost ECM so it also block the ability of buthurt posting.

Kung Padecain
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-05-13 01:34:48 UTC
Gerrick Palivorn wrote:
No idea is accepted because there is no problem. If you come forward with a sensible solution that retains balance to intel and cloaking then maybe I'll consider your post to be serious. As it stands now you show that you:

a) don't know how to use or appreciate the search button in the forums
b) don't have the first clue about the way cloaking is supposed to work
c) want null to be safer than high sec
d) lack the respect for other people to appreciate there chosen gameplay (cloaking tactics)
e) and don't understand why covert cyno's bypass cyno jammers

With enough effort no place in eve should ever be 100% safe. Either learn how to counter the cloaking tactics or go back to highsec.



there is a diffrence between not being 100% safe and being a sitting duck for a target you cant do **** against.

a) guilty
b) you are wrong there isnt a single reason why a cloaky should be cloaked for 1 hour or longer, dont forget that this hurts intel aswell as they cant be cloaked unlimited time
c) this is so ******** i am not going to reply to that
d) cloaking tactics is just too strong the way it is now
e) correct plz explain this
commander aze
#5 - 2013-05-13 01:36:38 UTC
Kung Padecain wrote:
Ok a lot of people have put in ideas to counter cloaky campers but as far as i know there isnt any idea accepted. I see that it is going to be a challenge to solve this issue without destroying the game too much.

but the problem (certainly since the black ops change) is ********! complete regions are camped with one cloaky in each good ratting/mining system. this way a dozen alts can make a complete region unrattable without a almost 100% chance that they can kill you whenever they want. without being able to do ANYTHING to counter it

if you bring cheap ship to rat they can blow you up in a single stealth bomber if you bring flagship they put up cyno or covert cyno and jump in 30 friends all press F1 once and you in an egg

this has nothing to do with PVP and as it is not possible to do anything against it i think it should be fixed ASAP

i think that a covert cyno still works in a cyno jammed system is ******** its cyno jammed therefor a cyno should not work being covert doesnt change that. a bird cant see glass either but it cant fly through like it doesnt exist same reason the covert cyno should not work.

also there should be a maximum time that you can cloak say an hour and after that you cant cloak for 5 min

put those two changes in effect and PVP wont change at all but cloaky campers cant cloak unlimited time and be effective while at work or sleeping



So 1 Cloaking is used to protect territory you dont like it live in high sec. when you mine mission or rat in a enemy system you cause your own death. protecting your systems is key. the main deal is stay the f out of others systems. thats the message they send.

Leave a cyno on your ship if you fear getting dropped on. or... alternatively own your territory so you dont fear getting dropped on...

Cloaky alts are great for that. there is no need for a fix here

Commander Aze For CSM XII

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=506400

Support the Community #Broadcast4Reps

Rayzilla Zaraki
Yin Jian Enterprises
#6 - 2013-05-13 01:44:13 UTC
Hunters will sit in their blinds for hours waiting for their quarry to come by. I don't fault anyone who has that kind of patience in this game.

When scanning down a system, I have been cloaked for nearly an hour before I had to recover my probes.

Let's face it, sometimes that call from work takes a while and when there isn't a station for a couple systems a cloak is the next best thing.

I don't fault anyone for how they want to play the game and use their cloaks. But, I would like to be able to hunt them down in my own cloaked ship.

Gate campers are just Carebears with anger issues.

Gerrick Palivorn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-05-13 01:48:51 UTC
Kung Padecain wrote:
Gerrick Palivorn wrote:
No idea is accepted because there is no problem. If you come forward with a sensible solution that retains balance to intel and cloaking then maybe I'll consider your post to be serious. As it stands now you show that you:

a) don't know how to use or appreciate the search button in the forums
b) don't have the first clue about the way cloaking is supposed to work
c) want null to be safer than high sec
d) lack the respect for other people to appreciate there chosen gameplay (cloaking tactics)
e) and don't understand why covert cyno's bypass cyno jammers

With enough effort no place in eve should ever be 100% safe. Either learn how to counter the cloaking tactics or go back to highsec.



there is a diffrence between not being 100% safe and being a sitting duck for a target you cant do **** against.

a) guilty
b) you are wrong there isnt a single reason why a cloaky should be cloaked for 1 hour or longer, dont forget that this hurts intel aswell as they cant be cloaked unlimited time
c) this is so ******** i am not going to reply to that
d) cloaking tactics is just too strong the way it is now
e) correct plz explain this


It is quite obvious that you don't understand asymmetrical warfare.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asymmetrical_warfare

Read up on it and then we'll talk.

MMOs come and go, but Eve remains.  -Garresh-

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2013-05-13 02:06:33 UTC
Kung Padecain wrote:
Ok a lot of people have put in ideas to counter cloaky campers but as far as i know there isnt any idea accepted. I see that it is going to be a challenge to solve this issue without destroying the game too much.

but the problem (certainly since the black ops change) is ********! complete regions are camped with one cloaky in each good ratting/mining system. this way a dozen alts can make a complete region unrattable without a almost 100% chance that they can kill you whenever they want. without being able to do ANYTHING to counter it

if you bring cheap ship to rat they can blow you up in a single stealth bomber if you bring flagship they put up cyno or covert cyno and jump in 30 friends all press F1 once and you in an egg

this has nothing to do with PVP and as it is not possible to do anything against it i think it should be fixed ASAP

i think that a covert cyno still works in a cyno jammed system is ******** its cyno jammed therefor a cyno should not work being covert doesnt change that. a bird cant see glass either but it cant fly through like it doesnt exist same reason the covert cyno should not work.

also there should be a maximum time that you can cloak say an hour and after that you cant cloak for 5 min

put those two changes in effect and PVP wont change at all but cloaky campers cant cloak unlimited time and be effective while at work or sleeping



A one hour limit breaks scouting, recon, hunting supercaps, wormholes, and I wouldn't be surprised if it makes a mess out of moon scanning either.



Tell me. Do you want to buff supercaps, or just your bots?



Also, just go somewhere else, rat with friends, or just use a ship that can actually handle a solo bomber. Then again, you're in an NPC corp, so you've clearly never actually set foot in nullsec, have you.
DeLindsay
Galaxies Fall
#9 - 2013-05-13 02:10:12 UTC
Wow, it didn't even take 10 hours for yet ANOTHER nullbear crying about non-consensual PvP. The only acceptable thing to do about cloaking (which IS NOT BROKEN) is remove Local, which most everyone would be happy with. Removing Local wouldn't do Sh*t to keep cloakers out of your little section of Space, but at least you wouldn't know they were there, thus solving the problem whiny nullbears have, they don't want to participate in PvP that isn't on their terms, too bad soo sad.

The Operative: "There are a lot of innocent people being killed in the air right now".

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: "You have no idea how true that is".

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#10 - 2013-05-13 02:14:33 UTC
DeLindsay wrote:
Wow, it didn't even take 10 hours for yet ANOTHER nullbear crying about non-consensual PvP. The only acceptable thing to do about cloaking (which IS NOT BROKEN) is remove Local, which most everyone would be happy with. Removing Local wouldn't do Sh*t to keep cloakers out of your little section of Space, but at least you wouldn't know they were there, thus solving the problem whiny nullbears have, they don't want to participate in PvP that isn't on their terms, too bad soo sad.



But if you remove local, how will I know which systems have juicy carebears in? D:
Gerrick Palivorn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-05-13 04:27:11 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
DeLindsay wrote:
Wow, it didn't even take 10 hours for yet ANOTHER nullbear crying about non-consensual PvP. The only acceptable thing to do about cloaking (which IS NOT BROKEN) is remove Local, which most everyone would be happy with. Removing Local wouldn't do Sh*t to keep cloakers out of your little section of Space, but at least you wouldn't know they were there, thus solving the problem whiny nullbears have, they don't want to participate in PvP that isn't on their terms, too bad soo sad.



But if you remove local, how will I know which systems have juicy carebears in? D:


I guess you'll actually have to put forth effort to find targets, at least they won't run away at a glance to local anymore. There are many other ways to find juicy targets, any decent scout would be able to lead you right to where you would like to go.

MMOs come and go, but Eve remains.  -Garresh-

Lyrrashae
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2013-05-13 04:58:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Lyrrashae
I wonder if I should start reporting these "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW111!!!" crap-threads as spam?

But then, the thought of repetitive-stress injury just doesn't appeal to me :/

E:

Read my sig., OP, and for Gods' sakes, stop being such a puling victim for once Roll

Ni.

Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#13 - 2013-05-13 07:44:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Robert Caldera
so you're asking for a basic game mechanic being changed just so you can rat in peace? Seriously?
If people are controlling "your" space by placing afk campers you're in a wrong space.
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#14 - 2013-05-13 08:38:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Alvatore DiMarco
Here's how you fix the problem of cloaky campers ruining your day:

Opently admit to yourself, to your corp/alliance and to your enemies that living in Nullsec is too hard and too dangerous for you.

After that, firesale all your assets and leave your corp if necessary, then pod-destruct yourself back to highsec.

In highsec, cloakers aren't a problem and you can rat in relative peace while being completely safe from hotdrops and covert cynos.
Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
The Gurlstas Associates
#15 - 2013-05-13 08:50:08 UTC
But, huh, wait, another one?
Seriously no searching again? Cloaking Mechanics don't work on thread posts, and the tools to find repeat threads is provided for you, as is a means to deal with cloaky campers.

At first posting in this thread topic was kind of fun, but is has gotten tiring.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#16 - 2013-05-13 10:09:39 UTC
Another cloakwhine thread? Oh dear.

Here's a tip: If you let a single guy in a cloaky ship shut down your entire corporations/alliances system then you are bad at EVE and deserve to be shut down. Fight for your space. Defend it. Cry less.
Tchulen
Trumpets and Bookmarks
#17 - 2013-05-13 10:19:25 UTC
{facepalm}
ravill rivyll
Perkone
Caldari State
#18 - 2013-05-13 10:26:45 UTC
The problem may be solved if the bombers would be more less accesible and more expensive... everyone can fly a bomber and 20 mil. for such a ship is ridiculous... meaby like 100 mil. and three months of training and I bet there will be a lot less spamming bombers..
Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#19 - 2013-05-13 11:33:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Maximus Aerelius
ravill rivyll wrote:
The problem may be solved if the bombers would be more less accesible and more expensive... everyone can fly a bomber and 20 mil. for such a ship is ridiculous... meaby like 100 mil. and three months of training and I bet there will be a lot less spamming bombers..


What a ridiculous suggestion! To get to T2 Torpedo Specialisation takes a lot longer than you'd think along with the skills to keep that Bomber in space and do what it's supposed to do...covert strikes with precision while keeping the parcel tape handy for repairs to the paper-thin tank you have.

And WTF is a spamming bomber? Is this the T3 version of the Stealth Bomber? Are the skills out for it yet? No...well the Cloaky Whiners skill clearly is and some have it to leet Level 18!

To the OP:

Get a grip and I'm sick to death of "-Whine- Cloak This Cloak That Ban Cloakers -Whine-" threads already. This is like the 20th in less than a week...

CLOAKING ISN' T THE PROBLEM - LOCAL IS! If you didn't have Local you wouldn't know they were there!

EDIT:

Just don't look at Local and your problems are solved and in your mind "Cloaking is now fixed\balanced\nerfed"
Kung Padecain
Doomheim
#20 - 2013-05-13 12:14:07 UTC
commander aze wrote:

So 1 Cloaking is used to protect territory you dont like it live in high sec. when you mine mission or rat in a enemy system you cause your own death. protecting your systems is key. the main deal is stay the f out of others systems. thats the message they send.

Leave a cyno on your ship if you fear getting dropped on. or... alternatively own your territory so you dont fear getting dropped on...

Cloaky alts are great for that. there is no need for a fix here


no its used to let a hostile be afk in our territory and he can kill anyone in system and there isnt **** i can do about it because the mechanics are broken. fitting a cyno on my ship wont change anything as you are dead before you made a fleet advert

stop whining about protecting your fake PVP and go learn how to PVP like men
123Next pageLast page