These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

New EVE Launcher available for Singularity

First post First post
Author
CCP Aporia
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2013-04-30 16:00:07 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Atropos
Fearless Test Pilots of New Eden,

You can download the new launcher installer here (Windows only at the moment). We welcome you all to give it a try and provide us with valuable feedback, however, you are not forced to use it, the old launcher will do just fine for the time being.

How do you install the new EVE Launcher?
Installation is straight forward. Download the (Windows only at the moment) executable file and then install it into the location that contains the Singularity installation you would like to try it out with.

What is new?

  • The UI is now mostly driven via a web site
  • Single-Sign On is now available - this means you can log into the EVE client from the launcher
  • The self-update mechanism of the EVE Launcher has been made more robust


Be aware that this is an early beta and as such it might cause some issues. This is expected, and we would like to hear from you about all the things that bother you or simply go wrong with your installation. In that case please provide us with a detailed reply containing the following information:

  • What operating system you are using.
  • The path to your EVE installation.
  • The version from which you tried to upgrade.
  • From the launcher folder in your Eve installation the following files: debug.log, cache\launcher.YYYY.MM.DD.log (where YYYY.MM.DD stand for Year.Month.Day) and appdata\EVE_Online_Launcher-(highest version number)\launcher.exe.log (this last one might not exist if nothing too horrible happened). If you want to make sure upfront that as much information as possible is available in these log files please start the launcher with the /log:debug parameter. Be warned that this might cause log files which are several dozen megabytes in size.


As with every beta release then there are a number of known issues:

  • The version for Mac is currently not available but will follow ASAP.

Friend of walking avatars, currently hibernating until he gets to open that door.

bassie12bf1
Militaris Industries
Northern Coalition.
#2 - 2013-04-30 16:58:36 UTC  |  Edited by: bassie12bf1
Pressing play appears to do nothing, Launching the exefile.exe directly launches an eve client thats set to connect to Chaos.

This was patched from a duality client.

Windows 8 pro
CCP Atropos
C C P
C C P Alliance
#3 - 2013-04-30 17:01:51 UTC
What is the application title in the titlebar?
Dessa Bevari
Kriegsmarinewerft
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2013-04-30 17:06:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Dessa Bevari
win7 x86_64
E:\Games\evetest
buildnumber: 525677
launcher build: 2.1.528538-beta.3


  • the pictures right under the login box were broken on the first start of the launcher; worked after a launcher restart
  • pressing enter to confirm password or character name does not work
  • disk I/O was happening but no update to 527910, which i think is the latest sisi build(?) (probably due to the launcher beeing newer?)
bassie12bf1
Militaris Industries
Northern Coalition.
#5 - 2013-04-30 17:28:44 UTC
CCP Atropos wrote:
What is the application title in the titlebar?


The eve client is simply "EVE"

"EVE Online Launcher v1.32" for the launcher
CCP Atropos
C C P
C C P Alliance
#6 - 2013-04-30 17:33:16 UTC
bassie12bf1 wrote:
CCP Atropos wrote:
What is the application title in the titlebar?


The eve client is simply "EVE"

"EVE Online Launcher v1.32" for the launcher

The new EVE Launcher requires you to install it, and is thus an opt-in test. Since you didn't do this, the EVE Launcher you're running is the current, live, EVE Launcher which is in use on TQ. This is why the play button does nothing; that version of the Launcher, doesn't know how to interface with the backend to process the login notifications.

If you run the linked installer in the first post, you will find it does log you in.
Sankturius Fikurelis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-04-30 17:37:16 UTC
If I log in in the Launcher, the client is starting and i just need to sign in again. Is this the intention?
CCP Aporia
C C P
C C P Alliance
#8 - 2013-04-30 17:42:16 UTC
Sankturius Fikurelis wrote:
If I log in in the Launcher, the client is starting and i just need to sign in again. Is this the intention?


If you are using the old launcher: Yes. If you are using the new launcher: Please provide logs.

Friend of walking avatars, currently hibernating until he gets to open that door.

bassie12bf1
Militaris Industries
Northern Coalition.
#9 - 2013-04-30 17:47:32 UTC
CCP Atropos wrote:
bassie12bf1 wrote:
CCP Atropos wrote:
What is the application title in the titlebar?


The eve client is simply "EVE"

"EVE Online Launcher v1.32" for the launcher

The new EVE Launcher requires you to install it, and is thus an opt-in test. Since you didn't do this, the EVE Launcher you're running is the current, live, EVE Launcher which is in use on TQ. This is why the play button does nothing; that version of the Launcher, doesn't know how to interface with the backend to process the login notifications.

If you run the linked installer in the first post, you will find it does log you in.


The play button i press is after i log into the launcher.
CCP Atropos
C C P
C C P Alliance
#10 - 2013-04-30 17:49:30 UTC
bassie12bf1 wrote:
CCP Atropos wrote:
bassie12bf1 wrote:
CCP Atropos wrote:
What is the application title in the titlebar?


The eve client is simply "EVE"

"EVE Online Launcher v1.32" for the launcher

The new EVE Launcher requires you to install it, and is thus an opt-in test. Since you didn't do this, the EVE Launcher you're running is the current, live, EVE Launcher which is in use on TQ. This is why the play button does nothing; that version of the Launcher, doesn't know how to interface with the backend to process the login notifications.

If you run the linked installer in the first post, you will find it does log you in.


The play button i press is after i log into the launcher.


Did you run the installer for the new Launcher?
Makari Aeron
Felix Legions
Tactical Supremacy
#11 - 2013-04-30 18:11:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Makari Aeron
I get two different error logs. One is in the .log file, the other is displayed when the launcher won't open.
C:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\SiSi
Surface Pro Specs: 128GB version, Win8 x64, Intel 4000
Laptop Specs: Win8 x64, i7 720QM 1.7GHz, AMD Radeon HD 5870M

Logfile: http://pastebin.com/03mhKrR9

Launcher Log: http://pastebin.com/daC1Ct9T

When I click "start eve", I must accept the EULA every time. It doesn't save any of my settings. I should also add that only on my tablet do I have a problem with the EULA screen. My pointer and where I touch the screen with my finger, pen, or use the touch pad does not line up. I do not have the same problem anywhere else in the game. TQ or SiSi. To get through the EULA screen on this computer I must use the arrow keys, tab, and enter.

EDIT: same thing happens on my laptop
EDIT2: I used the repair tool and it launches but I have to redownload the SiSi patch. My launcher version is 1.32 again as well.

CCP RedDawn: Ugly people are just playing life on HARD mode. Personally, I'm playing on an INFERNO difficulty.

CCP Goliath: I often believe that the best way to get something done is to shout at the person trying to help you. http://goo.gl/PKGDP

bassie12bf1
Militaris Industries
Northern Coalition.
#12 - 2013-04-30 18:27:52 UTC
I've decided to start out fresh from a tranquility client, by copying the folder and changing the shortcut, let it update.

Trying to launch it gives an exception error and this is the log file i found /launcher/cache/launcher.2013.04.30.log

Pressing start eve gives this error message: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5182016/error.png
jerryramon
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2013-04-30 19:10:52 UTC  |  Edited by: jerryramon
So i installed the new beta launcher, initially couldn't log in stopping early at loading screens, popping out error like "connection problems", so after trying several times i found where the problem 's at:

The " /server:Singularity" suffix on shortcut doesn't work properly,
it has to be the exact server address " /server:87.237.38.50",
otherwise you will have connection problem.
Miao Sajuuk
Wildly Inappropriate
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2013-04-30 19:47:41 UTC
What's the significance of ”log into the EVE client from the launcher” ?

Login from web safety than EVE client?

Fredrick Kalirande
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2013-04-30 19:59:30 UTC
I tried installing and reinstalling the launcher as per instructions. I may have done something wrong but I can't figure out what.

When I click the Launcher button, a window with the title "Exception" appears with the following content

http://pastebin.com/7PNjjBLP


The following is the log content

http://pastebin.com/0TX2Tt0x

OS: Windows 8 Pro x64 (French)


Note that I can still access singularity from the "exception" window, but the launcher never starts. I've checked the shortcut path and tried to launch the launcher directly with the same results.

The only thing I didn't try is to delete my Singularity client and starting from a fresh one. I will try this later if no other options are found.
jerryramon
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2013-04-30 20:04:08 UTC
Miao Sajuuk wrote:
What's the significance of ”log into the EVE client from the launcher” ?

Login from web safety than EVE client?



Exactly, more importantly we lost the pre-loading screen where i can type my password under great wallpaper, now that process has disappeared.
ngaly
Doomheim
#17 - 2013-04-30 23:51:29 UTC
The new launcher is a nightmare if you have multiple accounts! The current log-in procedure already cost me hours of my lifetime but the new launcher will be even worse.

It seems every time I log in an account with the new launcher I have to enter the username (the launcher doesn’t remember the username), the password and a character name (I don’t have a static IP)!

EVE has more alt accounts than main accounts. If you modify the log-in procedure you should seriously focus on making it more convenient to log in multiple accounts!

It shouldn’t be worse than the current log-in procedure at least (currently I have to enter a password to log in an account). It would be even better to have a master account. The master account should show a list of all my characters within the launcher after log-in. Clicking on characters in the list should launch the EVE client.
Finde learth
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2013-05-01 04:57:21 UTC
ngaly wrote:
The new launcher is a nightmare if you have multiple accounts! The current log-in procedure already cost me hours of my lifetime but the new launcher will be even worse.



CCP won't change their mind. Because they have provided this in Serenity almost one year.
So Enjoy the nightmare.
Finde learth
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2013-05-01 06:07:55 UTC
jerryramon wrote:

Exactly, more importantly we lost the pre-loading screen where i can type my password under great wallpaper, now that process has disappeared.


CCP won't change their mind.
Deneth Vakorum
Space Men
#20 - 2013-05-01 07:47:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Deneth Vakorum
I got what I believe is the same exception mentioned by Fredrick above. This is after attempting the install on a fresh copy of the current Steam version of the client (file copy was CRC verified).

Exception message


  • Windows 8 Enterprise x64
  • F:\Eve SiSi
  • Client Version (Steam) - 8.21.514947
  • Launcher v.1.32
  • launcher\debug.log doesn't exist
  • launcher\cache\launcher.2013.05.01.log
  • launcher\appdata\EVE_Online_Launcher-2.1.528627-beta.3.win32\launcher.exe.log doesn't exist
123Next pageLast page