These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

The AFK cloaky problem.

Author
Cardano Firesnake
Fire Bullet Inc
#1 - 2013-04-02 07:53:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Cardano Firesnake
I know that is an excellent way to reduce the farm in the game.
But I do not think it is the better solution.

I don't mind having an hostile in my system. The problem to me is the fact I cannot be sure he is behind his computer.
There is no way to bait a guy that is not playing. So it is useless to try.
It is alreday really hard to catch a cloak ship but it is even more boring to try to catch a player that is not playing.

Their should have a counter measure for each action in the game but the only counter measure for AFK cloaky is going to AFK cloak the farming zone of the Afk cloaky corpmates . Quite annoying and simply not a funny game.

Please Fix that.

Posted - 2010.07.01 11:24:00 - [4] Erase learning skills, remap all SP. That's all.

DataRunner Attor
Doomheim
#2 - 2013-04-02 07:57:45 UTC
Please, read this. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=216699&find=unread

and my sig.

“Point out to me a person who has been harmed by an AFK cloaker and I will point out a person who has no business playing this game.”

Cardano Firesnake
Fire Bullet Inc
#3 - 2013-04-02 09:22:16 UTC
I am aware of all tese thread. But nothing have change. So I will continue to post.
No matter how, the AFK cloaky problem must be fixed.
If CCP don't want to ear it. We must continue to tell it.

Posted - 2010.07.01 11:24:00 - [4] Erase learning skills, remap all SP. That's all.

Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
The Gurlstas Associates
#4 - 2013-04-02 09:28:36 UTC
There is no problem get over it

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Zan Shiro
Alternative Enterprises
#5 - 2013-04-02 10:48:35 UTC
Cardano Firesnake wrote:
IThere is no way to bait a guy that is not plaing..

you solved your own problem, good job.

AFK cloakers can't be baited, they aren't there. Rat away.
Or.....

they actually are there but have assumed you are bait, or not worth their time to call in a cyno strike force or go for the solo kill (I'll be nice, they think they don't got the kill and are waiting for easier prey).

Either way....rat away. Just don't let your tank drop too low. Isk per hour or cautious warp outs to not be an easier kill....unless you are making more per tick than the cost of your ship and med clone the I'd opt for cautious warp outs to recharge the tank.

PLus my usual read some damn KB''s. I mean actually read them. Pvp'ers either by e-peen need or to make leadership happy showign they are active post km's...if your afk has ever killed or been killed its been time date stamped somewhere every single time. Why would you run in fear of an afk cloaky whose time stamps are almost always 10-12 hours off from your play time?

Azrael Dinn
Imperial Mechanics
#6 - 2013-04-02 10:49:14 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:

There is a problem cause people keep complaining about it Evil

After centuries of debating and justifying... Break Cloaks tm

Gypsio III
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#7 - 2013-04-02 10:50:12 UTC
You're in the wrong bit of space, go to highsec, there's nothing to fear from cloakers there.
Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
The Gurlstas Associates
#8 - 2013-04-02 11:21:49 UTC
Azrael Dinn wrote:
Omnathious Deninard wrote:

There is a problem cause people keep complaining about it Evil

People complain about minier ganking and bumping also, but there is no problem there either.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Sura Sadiva
Entropic Tactical Crew
#9 - 2013-04-02 11:40:04 UTC
Cardano Firesnake wrote:
There is no way to bait a guy that is not plaing. So it is useless to try.

Glad to see someone after many experiments finally realized as is pointless trying to bait someone that is not even playing; now we can only adress the issue hoping CCP will fix this, making people baitable also when not playing.

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#10 - 2013-04-02 11:53:24 UTC
Cardano Firesnake wrote:
I know that is an excellent way to reduce the farm in the game.
But I do not think it is the better solution.

I don't mind having an hostile in my system. The problem to me is the fact I cannot be sure he is behind his computer.
There is no way to bait a guy that is not plaing. So it is useless to try.
It is alreday really hard to catch a cloak ship but it is even more boring to try to catch a player that is not playing.

Their should have a counter measure for each action in the game but the only counter measure for AFK cloaky is going to AFK cloak the farming zone of the Afk cloaky corpmates . Quite annoying and simply not a funny game.

Please Fix that.

Why do you think you deserve this extra free intel (on top of the ridiculous level you already have from local)?

What kind of horrible carebear are you that you're annoyed that a tiny bit of time or effort might be "wasted" by trying to bait or defend yourself against a cloaky? Are conditions in TEST so bad that you need CCP to step in and further boost your carebearing efficiency?
Onomerous
Shockwave Innovations
#11 - 2013-04-02 12:17:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Onomerous
Great [email protected]!!!! CCP has fixed the cloaky problem!!!

There is no problem so everything is ok now. Adjust and prosper.

also... lol at wanting NS to be safer!!!
Cardano Firesnake
Fire Bullet Inc
#12 - 2013-04-02 12:39:37 UTC
I don't want null sec to be safe. It is already safer than Highsec.
I want to be sure that when I try to catch someone he is playing Eve too.
The problem is that there is no way to know if a cloaky ship is afk or not.
I have no problem with a cloaky ship hunting miners or raters. I have a problem with a cloaky ship that is simply in the system to create an unreal threat.
There is no fun in this style of gaming.
Yes I have the option of not hunting cloaky ship, but in this case we have also the option not playing Eve. So avoid this type of comment. The goal is to change the game to make it better.

Cardano Firesnake
Fire Bullet Inc
#13 - 2013-04-02 12:45:06 UTC
Gypsio III wrote:
You're in the wrong bit of space, go to highsec, there's nothing to fear from cloakers there.

Here again someone who post without reading.
I don't fear cloaky ships, I am just bored to wait them coming for the fight.

Rengerel en Distel
#14 - 2013-04-02 12:47:36 UTC
Imagine if you lived in a wormhole where not only are there cloakers everywhere, but you don't even know they're there. Somehow people manage to go about their day, being careful, and doing their best to not get ganked. I can't imagine how much easier it would be if local flashed everytime someone entered your wormhole, and gave you all the info you needed to know to figure out how large of a threat they were.

Perhaps the real solution to afk cloakers is to do what everyone tells high sec people to do, and fleet up. That one lone guy in a cloaking ship is hardly likely to attack you and your friends ratting, as he'd have no chance.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Drake Doe
88Th Tax Haven
#15 - 2013-04-02 12:49:45 UTC
This is a pretty invisible problem

"The homogenization of EVE began when Gallente and Caldari started sharing a weapon system."---Vermaak Doe-- "Ohh squabbles ohh I love my dust trolls like watching an episode of Maury with less " Is he my Dad " but more of " My Neighbor took a dump on my lawn " good episode! pops more corn" ---Evernub--

Athena Maldoran
Doomheim
#16 - 2013-04-02 12:56:31 UTC
Afk cloakers isnt a problem, the fear of one is Big smile It's a viable source of intel, and a good way of interupting income. HTFU, ccp will never change it. Bear
Cardano Firesnake
Fire Bullet Inc
#17 - 2013-04-02 13:12:35 UTC
Rengerel en Distel wrote:
Imagine if you lived in a wormhole where not only are there cloakers everywhere, but you don't even know they're there. Somehow people manage to go about their day, being careful, and doing their best to not get ganked. I can't imagine how much easier it would be if local flashed everytime someone entered your wormhole, and gave you all the info you needed to know to figure out how large of a threat they were.

Perhaps the real solution to afk cloakers is to do what everyone tells high sec people to do, and fleet up. That one lone guy in a cloaking ship is hardly likely to attack you and your friends ratting, as he'd have no chance.

I aggree I don't like the local chan either. I think it should be like in wormholes everywhere. But it would be really too easy to catch farmers. If CCP would modify the local chan they should give a way to detect hostiles in the system.

Azrael Dinn
Imperial Mechanics
#18 - 2013-04-02 13:14:52 UTC
Athena Maldoran wrote:
Afk cloakers isnt a problem, the fear of one is Big smile It's a viable source of intel, and a good way of interupting income. HTFU, ccp will never change it. Bear

Time to buy CCP stocks then and get rid of few devs so things will change.

After centuries of debating and justifying... Break Cloaks tm

The General Failure
Geuzen Inc
#19 - 2013-04-02 13:15:02 UTC
Cardano Firesnake wrote:
I don't fear cloaky ships, I am just bored to wait them coming for the fight.

They won't wether they are afk or not.

the only time they will come to the fight is when they think the situation is in their favour, that is the big advantage of cloaking why do you think they would give that away?

the whole Idea of a cloak is to avoid people.
Cardano Firesnake
Fire Bullet Inc
#20 - 2013-04-02 13:17:00 UTC
Athena Maldoran wrote:

You continue to not understand my point of view.
I don't fear them.
I know all the way to not be catched even if it happens sometimes not so often though ;-)
I just want to be sure that the guy that spying my system really play.

A auto log off after 1 hour of inactivity could be enough for me if there was no bots ;-)

123Next pageLast page