These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

MSC begins S&R ops around the Shiigeru wreck

Author
Aquila Shadow
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-03-27 08:54:29 UTC
Earlier this week MSC accepted a contract to assist in S&R operations and the clean up of the remnants of the CNS Shiigeru that crashed into the planet last week.

http://i.imgur.com/pfgtKn6.jpg

After the establishment of our FOB we have begun launching S&R drop ships to the areas that have been heavily effected by the crash but also have a high concentration of survivors, one of our initial locations is a medium sized town on the coast of the massive inland lakes that surround the crash site. Falling debris from the battle in orbit came crashing down across the area as well as in the lake causing tsunamis that flattened some of the towns.

http://i.imgur.com/pRIKPvN.jpg

MSC also have drop ship teams searching the area closer inland to the crash site and bringing survivors to either the FMF (Forward Medical Facilities) or in the most traumatic cases directly to our primary medical facility to be stabilised before being transported off world to waiting medical ships.

We are also assisting in the decontamination of the crash site as poisonous chemicals are leaking out of what is left of the Shiigeru. EOD teams are also searching for and disarming thousand of Citadel class missiles that have fallen out of the Titan as it broke up on re-entry. Most are thankfully not active having not been armed before the vessels destruction but many are damaged from the fall and could go off unexpectedly.

MSC will gladly open up our facilities for humanitarian organisations to come and assist with the recovery without the need to waste time establishing their own facilities.

"Let Vigilance Be Your Sword"

Diana Kim
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-03-27 09:28:16 UTC
This is a noble deed! I just hope you are doing it in honorable way, without Ishukone help and without asking Federal scum about some sort of ridiculous "permissions".

Although I am not sure, you will find any survivors near impact zone, taking into account last report .
Also I believe that building some sort of compressing, filtering or otherwise reprocessing plant for waste would save you a lot of resources instead of just lifting rummage to orbit, and thus speed up the whole operation.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Aquila Shadow
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-03-27 09:37:35 UTC
This is a completely independent operation, Ishkone may utilize the facilities if they wish but we do not answer to them and if the Federation don't approve well I could care less, if they were to attack the facility then all they would be doing is murdering doctors and victims. That being said any offensive moves against the facilities will be met with an equal amount of force. As to the reprocessing of the wreckage we have no current plans in regard to its removal, at this time we are concentrating on S&R and decontamination of the area, we currently do not have the man power to start hauling away the wreckage at this time.

Diana Kim
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-03-27 10:01:00 UTC
But still, decontamination produces waste. How do you dispose of it?

Aquila Shadow
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-03-27 12:25:25 UTC
The waste will be contained and shipped off world, after that it will be disposed of properly.

Diana Kim
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-03-27 12:29:06 UTC
And I mean, you could pre-process it, so amount of launches will be minimized.

Theobar Cresthill
The Arzad Hamri Fellowship
#7 - 2013-04-21 13:25:25 UTC
HAMRI confirms that MSC has dismantled and decommisioned its on site operations on Caldari Prime. HAMRI chooses to remain on site in particular for the very communities that choose to remain in the hazardous areas. All natural fresh water sources have been contaminated and the people need potable water. Our water production facilities will remain open for the local populations and for continued use by governmental and community development groups. We will also continue to contract a portion of our water production to Hearth and Home as long as that organization indicates continued activity on Caldari Prime.

We must not forget the ongoing plight of the people, Caldari and Gallente, and others on the planet. After the excitement is worn off, the real needs remain. Humanitarianism is a long term task. Where are those who will see to the ongoing needs?

"The fire in our hearts burns for salvation, redemption, and grace. May the Word of God grant you the courage to save yourself and your people" (The Last Words of Arzad Hamri)