These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Heth responds to loss of Shiigeru and Ishukone contact with Gallente senate

Author
Astroyka
IXXAXAAR
#1 - 2013-03-27 01:39:55 UTC
News ....

Quote:
NEW CALDARI – Caldari State Executor Tibus Heth made an aggressive address this evening, in response to the loss of the Leviathan-class titan Shiigeru in Luminaire and the subsequent revelation of Ishukone’s negotiations with the Gallente Senate.

Astroyka

A New Eden pilot, fighting against slavery in New Eden

www.astroyka.net

@Astroyka

Pieter Tuulinen
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#2 - 2013-03-27 02:49:34 UTC
I have no words to express my feelings. When a man betrays the State we call it treason, what is it called when the State Executor betrays his men?

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Tiber Brucato
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-03-27 03:07:22 UTC
I'd also call that treason.
Mekhana
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2013-03-27 03:41:20 UTC
People still cheer for this man.

Vide longe er eros di Luminaire VII, uni canse pra krage e determiniex! Sange por Sange! Descanse bravex eros, mie freires. Mortir por vostre Liberete, farmilie, ide e amis. lons Proviste sen mort! Luminaire liber mas! 

Vikarion
Doomheim
#5 - 2013-03-27 03:46:13 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
I have no words to express my feelings. When a man betrays the State we call it treason, what is it called when the State Executor betrays his men?

Well, I don't wish to defend Heth, nor do I have much knowledge of the Admiral, but I will say that my interactions with Sami Okuuda convinced me that the man had more passion than brains. Sometimes an admirable quality, but not when one is one the directing end of the leash.
Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#6 - 2013-03-27 04:15:06 UTC
True, New Eden does need men like Heth... just not in charge. He would make for a fine soldier, but a general? Not so much.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Streya Jormagdnir
Alexylva Paradox
#7 - 2013-03-27 04:17:02 UTC
I cannot help but feel some level of sympathy for the Caldari in this situation. We too lost our homeworld, and we too came back later and retook it. Why are the Caldari being denied sovereign control over the planet of their origin? The Gallente have settled countless temperate worlds. What do they have to lose, other than what appears to this outsider as bragging rights, by allowing the Caldari to claim Caldari Prime as their own? The Gallente recognized our own ties to our home planet. I ask that they consider doing the same for the Caldari, who once shared the Luminaire system with them.

When pride grows larger than respect and wisdom, divisions form and wars are fought.

I am also a human, straggling between the present world... and our future. I am a regulator, a coordinator, one who is meant to guide the way.

Destination Unreachable: the worst Wspace blog ever

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#8 - 2013-03-27 04:24:49 UTC
Streya Jormagdnir wrote:
When pride grows larger than respect and wisdom, divisions form and wars are fought.

Very true, and I believe that Heth will soon become obsessed with revenge. This never ends well, as it quickly turns even good leaders into terrible ones... and he was already going downhill from the moment he started killing his own people.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#9 - 2013-03-27 05:33:54 UTC
The Federation is reticent about having a hostile and heavily armed foreign military garrison in the same system as Gallente Prime. I don't see what's so hard to understand. If the situations were reversed how would the State feel about having a Federal military presence in the heart of their sovereign territory?

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

Simon Louvaki
#10 - 2013-03-27 05:42:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Simon Louvaki
Anabella Rella wrote:
The State is reticent about having a hostile and heavily armed foreign military garrison in the same system as Caldari Prime. I don't see what's so hard to understand.

There is no need for the State to put themselves in Gallente shoes, because we've been there for two hundred years. Caldari Prime represents the cultural and spiritual heart of our people, something that it appears the rest of the cluster needs to understand.

-- "The weak of mind are quick to judge with slightest tempt; Thus fools go forth to spread false word." - The Scriptures, Book of Trials 2:13 - 2:21

--"At the narrow passage, there is no brother and no friend." - Hyasyoda Proverb

Vikarion
Doomheim
#11 - 2013-03-27 06:00:14 UTC
Anabella Rella wrote:
The Federation is reticent about having a hostile and heavily armed foreign military garrison in the same system as Gallente Prime. I don't see what's so hard to understand. If the situations were reversed how would the State feel about having a Federal military presence in the heart of their sovereign territory?

That would depend on if we'd attempted genocide against the people of that planet, bombed their homes, cities, and forests, tried to interdict the evacuation of the planet, and then conducted a century-long war against them while displacing those left on the planet with our own.

In that case, yes, I think the Federation might have a right to be a little pissed, and retaking and holding the planet with a large military force might be in order.

For precisely the same reason, you won't find most Caldari being too upset about the Minmatar trying to free their fellows, even if our ally IS the Empire.

Let none say that I am not fair.
Xindi Kraid
#12 - 2013-03-27 08:19:42 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
High Treason?

Katran Luftschreck wrote:
True, New Eden does need men like Heth... just not in charge. He would make for a fine soldier, but a general? Not so much.

Heth's not acting as a general now. If he had ever been a general or an Admiral, he wouldn't be "investigating' the actions of an admiral who was placed in an untenable situation and lost a battle.

He lead from the front before, and he personally planted the Caldari flag on our homeworld when we returned to liberate it. Scine then it has been downhill from there. Now he prefers to pull the strings from the back. He would make a better soldier, but I would still prefer more level headed soldiers nonetheless. Fanatics cause problems at all levels.
BloodBird
Eve Defence Force
ChaosTheory.
#13 - 2013-03-27 08:39:21 UTC
Katran Luftschreck wrote:

He would make a horrible soldier, and from what I hear he was a soldier once, and he was also horrible.

Soldiers need calm minds and clear heads. Being blinded by hatred and malice is not a desirable trait in your armed forces.
Diana Kim
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#14 - 2013-03-27 08:47:52 UTC
For the State! For the Executor!
Gallentes will pay!

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

chaosjj
Clergy of the Syrinx
#15 - 2013-03-27 08:56:43 UTC
Heth lacts objectivity ( amongst many other things ), he was born on caldari prime. I hate to think of the amount of damage and casualties that will come with a retaliation from heth
Seriphyn Inhonores
Elusenian Cooperative
#16 - 2013-03-27 09:03:24 UTC
Goddess, so much of the same repeated arguments.

The Senate of the Federation unanimously voted to allow Ishukone, a Caldari megacorporation, access to the Caldari homeworld. This is because the Federation Government recognizes the Caldari cultural claim to that planet, but they have every right to not recognize a military presence in Luminaire.

Now that the military presence is removed for the most part, the debate is shifted. It has not been a week yet, and there must be time to pass to see how the Federation and CEP come down on this argument. There were rumours about demilitarizing Caldari Prime.

Just wait. Wait and see what happens.
Diana Kim
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#17 - 2013-03-27 09:10:30 UTC
They always... vote... but their votes are insignificant.
The State do not have to ask for some sort of megalomaniac galactic federation to access our assets. We just come and take what is ours, well, with exception of Ishukone.
We don't need federal... "recognition".
They can eat it with our torpedoes!

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Arnulf Ogunkoya
Clan Ogunkoya
Electus Matari
#18 - 2013-03-27 09:11:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Arnulf Ogunkoya
Xindi Kraid wrote:
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
High Treason?

As I recall treason is betraying a polity and high treason is betraying the leader of that polity or their heirs where that is applicable. I would personally call a leader betraying their followers a really bad idea.

Other than that I'd say your observations have merit.

Regards, Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Malcolm Khross
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2013-03-27 10:52:47 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:

The term you are looking for is cowardice.

~Malcolm Khross

Uraniae Fehrnah
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#20 - 2013-03-27 11:01:50 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:

Treason, negligence, cowardice, irresponsible, hypocrisy, arrogance, corruption. Take your pick, though I think all of them might be very contrary to the concept of a meritocracy.
123Next pageLast page