These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-chaaaanges.

Author
Zircon Dasher
#1 - 2013-03-26 22:32:51 UTC

So with TE's losing like 33% effectiveness, will everyone still say Mach or GTFO?

Nerfing High-sec is never the answer. It is the question. The answer is 'YES'.

Baggo Hammers
#2 - 2013-03-27 00:10:56 UTC
Link please.

And yes Mach or GTFO.

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

SuburbanFatCat IV
Akasha Excavation
#3 - 2013-03-27 00:17:32 UTC
It was in the patch notes for the release today.
Baggo Hammers
#4 - 2013-03-27 00:20:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Baggo Hammers
No it wasn't. Here is the link: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=219330

My Mach will lose 10km. Oh lord what will I do?

And please, next time you feel the need to run squealing with glee into a forum, provide a link and real data. Only the Optimal amd Falloff are being affected in Odyssey, not "effectiveness."

Zircon Dasher
#5 - 2013-03-27 02:36:49 UTC
Baggo Hammers wrote:
No it wasn't. Here is the link: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=219330

My Mach will lose 10km. Oh lord what will I do?

And please, next time you feel the need to run squealing with glee into a forum, provide a link and real data. Only the Optimal amd Falloff are being affected in Odyssey, not "effectiveness."

Sorry, I assume that the competent users of M&C would not need hand holding. Especially when patch info starts getting released.

Second, I was unaware that range were not considered part of a TE's effects. OR If I had known that the damage drop (~16% w/barrage @ 75km and ~9% w/(emp/fusion/PP) @35km) that comes with decreased range did not matter at all in "effectiveness" I certainly would not have made a post.

Wow, you must be mad
LolLolLol

Goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#6 - 2013-03-27 02:57:18 UTC
As I posted in another thread, at least this should slow down the 'NERF The Mach' screams we hear from the cheap seats.

Look like he managed to nerf it without ever touching it.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

GreenSeed
#7 - 2013-03-27 04:57:03 UTC
the mach will get nerfed, that was already discussed by devs a month ago or so. it wont be as bad as originally planned, one would expect.
Paikis
Vapour Holdings
#8 - 2013-03-27 08:16:37 UTC
Mach or GTFO has never been the case. There are many missions ships that all work well in their respective areas. The mach is good, but most of its reputation comes from EFT warriors.

Yeah I said it.
Dato Koppla
Did he say Jump
#9 - 2013-03-27 11:37:47 UTC
Mach is best if you're using 1 ship and you're not cherry picking missions that don't require gate crawl/pick up items because mobility plays a big role as well as damage selection and Mach has a nice combination of everything it needs. Sure some missions other ships will outdo it but its best overall.
sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-03-27 11:39:56 UTC
Yays, the Mach is nerfed, now I won't be popped by Machs lurking around every corner, because tons of ppl pvp with them, right? Right?Cool

News for you, Winmatar still has its speed, and slightly lower dps only means a slower death for you.Lol

CCP at it again. If range was ever what mattered, Caldari would've been king of the hill the whole time. It's speed. Guess what took over once the nano age ended? Oh that's right, the next fastest thing.Roll
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#11 - 2013-03-27 13:11:25 UTC
suddenly a hml tengu is looking sexy again....

I should buy an Ishtar.

Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#12 - 2013-03-27 13:45:17 UTC
Zircon Dasher wrote:

So with TE's losing like 33% effectiveness, will everyone still say Mach or GTFO?

Yep, the mach is much more than just 3 tracking enhancers lol.
Hakaimono
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2013-03-27 22:10:00 UTC
Meh....no biggie. Just adapt.
stoicfaux
#14 - 2013-03-27 23:56:07 UTC
MWD Mach. Zoom Zoom == falloff? lol!

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Zircon Dasher
#15 - 2013-03-28 04:03:00 UTC
Goldiiee wrote:
As I posted in another thread, at least this should slow down the 'NERF The Mach' screams we hear from the cheap seats.

Look like he managed to nerf it without ever touching it.

This was my initial impression as well. But I only used a Mach to shoot red crosses for 3 weeks before getting bored with it, so I know my opinions would not reflect those of the hardcore fanboys.

Given the number of people I have come across that seem to think if you do not fit 3+RF gyros 'your doin it wrong', I was curious. IIRC rf gyros give you something like 6-7% more paper DPS in the 35km range. Since the TE change equates to using t2 or Meta 4 (or there abouts) I was wondering if that was really a huge deal to people who live on the Mach.

Baggo Hammers
#16 - 2013-03-28 04:34:49 UTC
Lots of PvP in the Zirconia Trade Group I guess. No wonder you got bored by the Mach shooting red crosses. I disagree though that using the most efficient Level 4 mission ship makes one a "fanboy", a mostly overused term.

As mentioned, a MWD Mach renders the TE changes moot.

Ginger Barbarella
#17 - 2013-03-28 20:22:17 UTC
Paikis wrote:
Mach or GTFO has never been the case. There are many missions ships that all work well in their respective areas. The mach is good, but most of its reputation comes from EFT warriors.

Yeah I said it.

This.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#18 - 2013-03-28 23:37:50 UTC
Zircon Dasher wrote:
This was my initial impression as well. But I only used a Mach to shoot red crosses for 3 weeks before getting bored with it, so I know my opinions would not reflect those of the hardcore fanboys.

Given the number of people I have come across that seem to think if you do not fit 3+RF gyros 'your doin it wrong', I was curious. IIRC rf gyros give you something like 6-7% more paper DPS in the 35km range. Since the TE change equates to using t2 or Meta 4 (or there abouts) I was wondering if that was really a huge deal to people who live on the Mach.

I think my experience with the Mach was different than most, I didn't get in it as soon as I could afford it, as I didn’t see any value in spending 600mil (Yes they used to only cost 600mil) and losing one turret from my maelstrom.

Incursions are what forced me into a Mach, So fully equipped with T2 guns, maxed tanking, maxed Navigation skills, and BS 5 trained for both races, I was immediately impressed. The higher scan res simplifies locking targets, agility makes you feel like you’re flying a nano’ed cruiser, and the extra 500dps removes targets from the field alarmingly fast.

The new TE’s will remove about 10km of falloff, so for me 60km will drop to 50km for autocannons, I also use an Arty fit that generates falloff out to 140km so I don’t think the new and improved TE’s are going to hurt me that bad, but someone that hasn’t finished all their gunnery and spaceship command skills will probably notice it a lot more.

And finally I think the RF gyros are a good idea, with projectiles there is a lot of ‘Magic’ involved in Hit vs. Miss, so when you’re in the zone you want as much oomph in there as you can get.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.