These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Community Communications Liaisons (CCL) team is now recruiting!

First post
Author
ISD Eshtir
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#1 - 2013-03-19 14:57:59 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Every hour, over 300 posts are being created on the EVE Online forums. Every month, our players post over 9 million words, expressing their concerns, hopes, ideas and suggestions. This feedback is essential for the future of EVE Online, but it takes the right people to help communicate it to the developers — you.

The process of daily communication with our players is best entrusted to those who are far better versed in the intricacies of New Eden — the players themselves.

Who we are

Community Communications Liaisons (or CCL for short) are a group of ISD volunteers who are responsible for the official EVE Online forums along with the Community Team. The main goal of CCL is to support our community by keeping order on the forums and enhancing communication between CCP and the players. The CCL just recently expanded onto the official DUST 514 forums to collect feedback from the community for CCP but do not provide moderation there.

What we do

First of all, CCL are volunteer moderators who help to maintain the EVE Online forums as a healthy venue for discussion. Additional information about this aspect of the program can be found in CCP Navigator's dev blog.

Second, the CCL team acts as a conduit between the EVE Online and DUST 514 developers and the players. Our volunteers point out threads of interest to the Community team and, by extension, to the relevant developers. Our forums are an awfully big place, and it is very easy for important feedback to get lost. CCL strives to ensure this does not happen.

Last but not the least, CCL help their colleagues in the ISD STAR department to answer any questions that new players might have, and to run interesting projects for the community at large.

Why join CCL?

Simply put, the main reason to join ISD is the desire to make EVE a better place for everyone. All ISD volunteers graciously share their free time in order to assist in a variety of tasks that all go towards supporting and enriching the players experiences in the world of EVE. At the same time, there are certain benefits in place for volunteers to reward effort and dedication.

It is important to note that volunteers have little or no in-game abilities. They do not have access to the account information of players nor do they have the ability to create items in the game. They do not receive special items or equipment for their player characters. Their actions are closely monitored and they are not privy to information that is highly confidential.

How to apply

To apply for a position within ISD (EVE and DUST 514) you need to be 18 or over and hold an active subscribed account in EVE Online for over 6 months. The CCL team members must be patient, diligent and be able to conduct their duties objectively and without bias. While all volunteers should be sufficiently fluent in English, we welcome German, Russian and Japanese speakers as CCL has individual sub-teams dedicated to working on our localized forums.

If you achieve these requirements then please fill out the online application.

This thread will remain open to answer your questions. Please note that this thread is not the place to discuss moderation or bans and that posts of this nature will be subject to deletion.

Please do not ask about your application status on the forums, mail leads@eve-ccl.net with your questions instead.

ISD Suvetar, ISD Dorrim Barstorlode, myself and the rest of the CCL team are looking forward to your applications and wish you the best of luck!

ISD Eshtir

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons

Interstellar Services Department

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#2 - 2013-03-19 15:26:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Chribba
I approve this recruitment post! Smile (is it in the right forum? hehe)

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

ISD Eshtir
#3 - 2013-03-19 15:27:24 UTC
Chribba wrote:

/c

You just made me double check Shocked

ISD Eshtir

Captain

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#4 - 2013-03-19 15:31:17 UTC
ISD Eshtir wrote:
Chribba wrote:

/c

You just made me double check Shocked

Mission accomplished!.. altho isn't recruitment forum -->>> that way Lol

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

ISD Suvetar
#5 - 2013-03-19 16:20:04 UTC
Pirate

[b]ISD Suvetar Captain/Commando Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Eliniale
S.I.G.
Cohortes Triarii
#6 - 2013-03-21 11:50:31 UTC
^this

If i was more of a forum junkie i'd apply, but I don't think i can dedicate the time to it.

Still nice initiative! I hope you score some good recruits

System ideas: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=191928&find=unread

Arkenai Wyrnspire
Incorruptibles
#7 - 2013-03-25 23:24:11 UTC
<3 the ISDs.

Someone.

Caldari Citizen 1897289768188
State War Academy
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-04-01 13:19:11 UTC
Who ensures these people remain unbiased? My concern is there is a clear pattern of threads being locked for trolling. Certain people seem to troll a thread they dont like until it becomes locked. Would like to see fewer threads locked and more trolls on vacation.
ISD Eshtir
#9 - 2013-04-01 15:16:57 UTC
We have the Community Team watching over us, the GM team and there is Internal Affairs aswell.

Yes, Caldari Citizen 1897289768188, thats why we are recruiting. We dont want to lock threads either. But the EVE forums are huge! :-)

ISD Eshtir

Captain

Caldari Citizen 1897289768188
State War Academy
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-04-01 16:00:55 UTC
ISD Eshtir wrote:
We have the Community Team watching over us, the GM team and there is Internal Affairs aswell.

Yes, Caldari Citizen 1897289768188, thats why we are recruiting. We dont want to lock threads either. But the EVE forums are huge! :-)

This is why my name is this. I had to be placed in CCP witness protection program for my defense of the carebares. To many threats Big smile
Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#11 - 2013-04-29 14:34:19 UTC
Only 300+ per hour .. had no idea we were that lazy.

You sure that number is accurate because it seems to me that it fits better with started threads and not posts which includes responses as well as thread generation.
Hell, the weekend last the F&I Dev spam thread moved 30-50 pages each in 2-3 days and they are probably nowhere near the action in General Disc. subsection Smile
Cosah
Masters of Zen
Circle-Of-Two
#12 - 2013-05-21 17:18:43 UTC
What kind of a time commitment are you looking for?
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
#13 - 2013-05-24 03:00:50 UTC
Cosah wrote:
What kind of a time commitment are you looking for?

As little as 6 hours a week. Big smile

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Zippy Aideron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-05-26 09:58:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Zippy Aideron
Oh i wish i could, one my main account is currently inactive, and two, im 17 lol 18 in december, but oh well lol If the age wasnt that much of a problem, i could get a screenshot of me logging into account management on my 08 account.

On a side note what qualifications roughly is needed for a paid role, the basics I mean. Because i aim to work for CCP Blink
jason hill
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#15 - 2013-06-04 07:25:04 UTC
I`ll do it......if I can have TomB`s old ban stick ! CoolCoolCool
ISD Suvetar
#16 - 2013-06-04 10:48:55 UTC
jason hill wrote:
I`ll do it......if I can have TomB`s old ban stick ! CoolCoolCool

I'm afraid that CCP hold the privileges to the Ban stick nowadays, CCL moderators can Post,Edit,Move,Lock and Delete threads and posts.

We work very closely with the awesome CCP's Eterne and Falcon to ensure that any serious problems are dealt with quickly, though Pirate

[b]ISD Suvetar Captain/Commando Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Beliar Gray
I'm quitting Eve PV Rock I want to talk with you
#17 - 2013-06-05 13:20:54 UTC
You guys need more people because of the new controversial addition to the CCP team?

That threadnaught grew to unscalable proportions.

Much to my amusement too.
ISD Eshtir
#18 - 2013-06-05 20:49:58 UTC
Beliar Gray wrote:
You guys need more people because of the new controversial addition to the CCP team?

If such things amuse you, you are probably not the person we are looking for. But you can always try to convince us with your application.

ISD Eshtir

Captain

Gealbhan
Temeraria Praedonum
Catastrophic Diplomacy
#19 - 2013-06-07 11:35:43 UTC
Having only recently come back to EvE Online after a break, I do not pass the 6 month continuous subscription clause.

However, I will help the ISD by patrolling the Forums for Spelling, Grammar and various other crimes against the English language.

Arrow
jason hill
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2013-06-07 14:55:47 UTC
Beliar Gray wrote:

who was this new addition then ?.
123Next pageLast page