These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

FIO identify "alarming" increase in house sarum military activities

Author
Tobias Annages
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-03-18 10:35:37 UTC
http://community.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=5054&tid=2

Villore - According to a leaked Federal security briefing, House Sarum of the Amarr Empire has allegedly been commissioning several flotillas of large transport barges for the purposes of launching slave raids into war torn systems of the Minmatar Republic. The leak also provides information regarding the training of extra numbers of small-sized military squads, considered a particularly curious detail given Amarr military doctrine typically prefers to press numerical advantages when possible.
Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#2 - 2013-03-18 10:43:52 UTC
I am glad to hear that efforts are being taken to restart the Reclaiming. I hope that Her Imperial Majesty will approve these developments.
Markius TheShed
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-03-18 10:58:47 UTC
Only 3 Minmatar systems are currently under Amarrian occupation and can I suppose be considered "war torn" But those systems will soon be back under Republic control as Amarrian Militia forces seem in disarray.

Any Amarrian vessels invading our space will of course be met with deadly force.

**Murientor Tribe** a capsuleer organization composed of radical Minmatar. Since YC107

Sylux Raynes
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-03-18 11:01:33 UTC
Clever, if a bold move.

Much will be determined by the position of the throne in this matter. I am eager to await it.
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#5 - 2013-03-18 11:30:01 UTC
Samira Kernher wrote:
I am glad to hear that efforts are being taken to restart the Reclaiming. I hope that Her Imperial Majesty will approve these developments.

So much for the "age of slavery coming to an end," right?
So much for staying out of the Minmatar Republic's affairs, right?
So much for desiring peace, right?
So much for respecting CONCORD rule of law, right?

Whore.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Sylux Raynes
Doomheim
#6 - 2013-03-18 11:44:04 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:

The Empress has yet to comment or take an official stance on these allegations. As those were her words you're quoting, it would be wise to await her response.

Andreus Ixiris wrote:

The taking of new slaves from planets captured by the Empire is strictly an Imperial affair.

Andreus Ixiris wrote:

Do not mistake House Sarum for being the will of an entire Empire.

Andreus Ixiris wrote:

CONCORD rule of law is rather ambiguous on the matter at present. With sovereignty shifting under the new regulations, it would not be a breach of CONCORD law for the Empire to take new slaves from worlds under its own control. However, this is using strictly the "letter of the law" and perhaps not the "spirit of the law" in interpretation. I imagine CONCORD will make quite well known any perceived breach of its jurisdiction by the Empire.

Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#7 - 2013-03-18 11:56:18 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Samira Kernher wrote:

Yes. It is better to return to traditional ways.

And CONCORD's laws have only ever served to weaken the Empire.
Gwen Ikiryo
Alexylva Paradox
#8 - 2013-03-18 12:11:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Gwen Ikiryo
This place certainly has a way of making people cynical. Not even the loyalists are considering the notion that the accusations might be untrue.
Quinzel Nikulainen
Kokako Acquisitions
#9 - 2013-03-18 12:33:30 UTC
I see the Republic has learned to imitate the Federations techniques of spoofing 'leaked' intelligence as a propaganda tool.

Ex-Kaalakiota citizen. Ex-Hyasyoda citizen. CEO of KŌKAK, a Nugoeihuvi affiliate corporation.

Sylux Raynes
Doomheim
#10 - 2013-03-18 12:34:16 UTC
Gwen Ikiryo wrote:
This place certainly has a way of making people cynical. Not even the loyalists are considering the notion that the accusations might be untrue.

They remain allegations, true. Again, however, the position of the throne is the determining factor. If the Empress declares the allegations false after an investigation (should she choose to enact one), then that is how we will proceed. If the allegations are true, her approval or disapproval will mark how the Empire proceeds as a whole.

True or not, these allegations are against a single house, House Sarum and should not be considered as the will of the entire Empire at this time.
Knoot Enderas
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-03-18 12:35:34 UTC
The building of new ships is a routine matter. The apparent change in Imperial War Doctrine as applied by this particular House is far more interesting than speculation that these ships may be used for slave raids.
Kares Shahzu
Doomheim
#12 - 2013-03-18 12:39:50 UTC
No evidence provided except for the word of a Federal intelligence report.

The fact that a representative from House Sarum would even validate the report with a response suggests that the potential for a security and intelligence leak exists. I would think this would be of more pressing concern at the moment.
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#13 - 2013-03-18 12:39:59 UTC
Samira Kernher wrote:
Yes. It is better to return to traditional ways.

And CONCORD's laws have only ever served to weaken the Empire.

Good. It's clear the Empire cannot be trusted to live like civilized human beings. Better to burn it.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Silas Vitalia
Nobilita Nera
#14 - 2013-03-18 12:40:08 UTC
There's an old saying....One mustn't count their captives before they're caught.

About time Sarum started flexing a bit, let's see how far they get.

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Keitunen Eto
Seituoda Corporation
#15 - 2013-03-18 13:28:05 UTC
All you can say about this is as mentioned above several times. It is the word of the Gallente. Though the possibilities are endless. I shall look into this matter.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Quinzel Nikulainen
Kokako Acquisitions
#16 - 2013-03-18 13:32:04 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:

Good. It's clear the Empire cannot be trusted to live like civilized human beings. Better to burn it.

I hope you're just an ironic genius.

Ex-Kaalakiota citizen. Ex-Hyasyoda citizen. CEO of KŌKAK, a Nugoeihuvi affiliate corporation.

Leopold Caine
Stillwater Corporation
#17 - 2013-03-18 13:39:55 UTC
As much as it would be entertaining to see the liberal holders squirm if this should come to pass, as an entrepreneur I'm not too comfortable with the idea of a sudden influx of a large batch of new livestock on the free market.

I hope the Empire is preparing some kind of economic edicts and measurements to counter the possible market over-saturation or even worse, inflation. Otherwise, the crash in slave prices might affect us all.

Quinzel Nikulainen wrote:
Andreus Ixiris wrote:

I hope you're just an ironic genius.

I am afraid you're giving Msr. Ixiris too much credit.
  • Leopold Caine, Domination Malakim

Angels are never far...

Stillwater Corporation Recruitment Open - Angel Cartel Bloc

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#18 - 2013-03-18 13:41:38 UTC
Leopold Caine wrote:
I am afraid you're giving Msr. Ixiris too much credit.

Oh look, it's Caine. Forced yourself on any women lately?

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Natalcya Katla
Astropolitan Front
#19 - 2013-03-18 13:43:15 UTC
Sylux Raynes wrote:
CONCORD rule of law is rather ambiguous on the matter at present. With sovereignty shifting under the new regulations, it would not be a breach of CONCORD law for the Empire to take new slaves from worlds under its own control. However, this is using strictly the "letter of the law" and perhaps not the "spirit of the law" in interpretation. I imagine CONCORD will make quite well known any perceived breach of its jurisdiction by the Empire.

Law has no spirit, only letters. CONCORD and I have always been in perfect agreement, there. That does not mean CONCORD will fail to use legal ambiguity to its own advantage, of course.

House Sarum would be within its legal rights to take slaves from captured planets, or so it appears to me. Whether this would serve the Empire's best political interest is doubtful, since I imagine it would quickly trigger a retaliatory response of hostage-taking by the Minmatar Republic in turn, in the systems they occupy.

Go down this road, and you virtually ensure that soon, every person who can afford to get out of the low-security "war zone" will do so - and take their savings with them, ensuring a social and economic collapse throughout the regions.

All so that the factories comfortably squirrelled away in high security space can continue to churn out weapons of war, and you gladiators can continue to prance about looking pretty.
Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
Monyusaiya Industry Trade Group
#20 - 2013-03-18 13:49:12 UTC
Natalcya, if I could agree with that post a thousand times, I would do so with no hesitation.
123Next page