These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
8 Pages123Next pageLast page
 

Mike Azariah for CSM8 - Representing YOU

First post First post
Author
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-03-12 08:33:11 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Dolan
As now is the beginning of the candidacy period I am announcing my entry into the CSM8 election

I am Mike Azariah

I have played Eve for enough time to have tried a bit of almost everything. But if you ask me to nail down the style of play I best represent and identify with it would be the Casual Player. The person who has a job, kids, wife, pets and cannot sit at the machine uninterrupted for five hours straight bashing a POS or waiting for a fleet to form. The person who does not want his entire Eve experience to be spreadsheets or clicking to manage PI.

I have spent more than half a year in wormholes, managing the POS there drove me out, in the end, frustration got that bad. I flew with Soco in the south and did manage to get in on fleets now and again but CTA’s don’t always jibe up with a limited time availability. If you are nodding right now at this then you know what I mean and you have experienced the same sort of problems. You are the one I want to represent. I fly incursions for my isk and then blow it in places like the Bomber Bar or RvB or helping out in contests, donating prizes.

I have been active in the community since 2008.. I currently help host the podcast Podside, I have had a blog as a proud member of the Eve Blog Pack for more than four years. I have written for Eon and the Eve Tribune, often doing commentary on the CSM. My twitter handle is @mikeazariah. If you want to hear the Crossing Zebras interview it is here. Though you will get a lot of what I think from the Podside podcasts as well.

I don’t know it all. I am not a Game Dev nor do I aspire to be one. I am always willing to ask questions when I don’t know the answers and consider the answers carefully. I am a teacher by trade and the skill set that goes with that would be helpful as a CSM member. I take pride in my ability to see things from more than one side and explain my position well.

I am NOT here to save one portion of space to the detriment of all of the others. I do not propose to drive x y or z feature through . . . that is not what the CSM does. Oh, there ARE things in the game I would love to see fixed. POS’s and more corp bookmarks, a window in stations so you can look out and see what awaits you. Some sort of automation to save the hardcore industrialists from carpal tunnel syndrome. I’d like to see more Live Events and Lore and some sort of motivator to break some of the growing inertia in nullsec. More reasons to go to lowsec aside from Faction Warfare.

I have never been afraid to voice my opinion and would love to answer any questions that you have though I don’t plan on feeding trolls. This is NOT a contest of antagonism but a choosing of a GROUP of people to represent the players to CCP. We have to be able to work together and we must be able to see concepts and ideas from a variety of different viewpoints to do the best for the game and for the players of Eve.

I don’t have a huge alliance backing me nor a dedicated voting block throwing all their votes my way. I need your votes, each and every one of you, to become your representative. Please, when the voting opens, vote for me, Mike Azariah to be YOUR rep in the CSM.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-03-12 08:33:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Mike Azariah
Make your 14 choices carefully.

Order matters

Are you voting in a way OTHERS have told you to or are you voting the way YOU WANT to?

Do you actually want that list of candidates or are you just being lazy and unwilling to read the 31 mini platforms yourself?

Is a single part of the game deserving of being the main part represented in the CSM, Is that the best for the game, for the players, for you?

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-03-12 08:33:42 UTC
-also reserved-

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

#4 - 2013-03-12 09:46:08 UTC
Welcome

So the first question right off the bat is what do you think of the new voting system, the reduced power of an individuals vote and subsequently do you feel the system needs to be altered once again?

Also the stock standard industry Outpost, POS, NPC facility and Sov balance questions?

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

#5 - 2013-03-12 11:10:25 UTC
Your platform is you sometimes play Eve but have a life and want Eve fixed of that broken stuff.

Okay.

How will you have time to do CSM considering you explained that you don't have time to do 'that' Eve stuff?

Member of CSM9 and CSM10.

CODE.
#6 - 2013-03-12 11:21:01 UTC
Mike, you have said you want to represent high sec. Can you give us some specifics of what you think are the major issues regarding high sec, and how you hope to work with CCP to address them?
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-03-12 18:16:33 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Welcome

So the first question right off the bat is what do you think of the new voting system, the reduced power of an individuals vote and subsequently do you feel the system needs to be altered once again?


In the case of this election, it is what it is. Complaining about it won't change a thing. That said, I think the 200 preliminary vote is still just a hoop like last years 100 likes, something to get through but not really a part of the election proper.

The transferable vote system is set so that votes are not wasted and you are allowed more than one opinion. We are electing a council, not a president. Multiple winners means that the voter should be able to make multiple choices, not just 'pick one'. Giving the voter the ability to influence more than one persons campaign enhances their vote . . . if they use it properly. I do not think the individual vote has been reduced, just altered and the responsibility of knowing what you are doing has fallen more on the voter.

Quote:
Also the stock standard industry Outpost, POS, NPC facility and Sov balance questions?


Go ahead ask them. Please try to be more specific than waving a hand at a pile of issues.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-03-12 18:37:05 UTC
Sugar Kyle wrote:

How will you have time to do CSM considering you explained that you don't have time to do 'that' Eve stuff?


I smiled when I read this one and was hoping someone would ask.

Family responsibilities means I don't have huge solid blocks of time. I don't sit for hours uninterrupted unless it is very late at night. That does not mean I don't spend a lot of time on the game but it means I play in smaller bursts. I DO have the time for Eve and I spend it on the game in a myriad of ways. From making Podcasts to listening to others, my blog, reading a lot of other blogs, to answering questions on this forum. The time is there, just not in huge singular chunks.

The older CSM's used to set aside a time and have meetings . . . since CSM6 that is no longer true. Asynchronous communication methods allow a person to dedicate a huge amount of time to a project without having to block out four hours at a time.

Being a teacher I have the entire summer off which arguably gives me more time than most other employed players to dedicate to this task. If elected I will not be one of the 'non-working' members of the council, I promise you that.

Thank you for asking the question, I appreciate the chance to expand on that thought.

m


Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-03-12 19:18:46 UTC
Wescro2 wrote:
Mike, you have said you want to represent high sec. Can you give us some specifics of what you think are the major issues regarding high sec, and how you hope to work with CCP to address them?


If you asking whether I agree with Jamie-boy in regards to nerfing hisec incursions to the point of removing them from hisec completely, hell NO

Trying to improve the game by depopulating the most populated part of it is the act of an idiot.

Out of curiosity, are you James 315's alt or just campaign manager?

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

#10 - 2013-03-12 21:22:30 UTC
+1 Support for Mike.

He know's what he is talking about, and knows what this game needs
Streamfleet
#11 - 2013-03-12 21:23:27 UTC
The most basic question:

You are most famous in EVE as a strict roleplayer, and your blog posts are in character. If serving on the CSM, will you continue in-character RP communication with CCP? Other CSMs? Player facing communications?

Alek the Kidnapper, Hero of the CSM

#12 - 2013-03-12 21:36:28 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Welcome

So the first question right off the bat is what do you think of the new voting system, the reduced power of an individuals vote and subsequently do you feel the system needs to be altered once again?


In the case of this election, it is what it is. Complaining about it won't change a thing. That said, I think the 200 preliminary vote is still just a hoop like last years 100 likes, something to get through but not really a part of the election proper.

The transferable vote system is set so that votes are not wasted and you are allowed more than one opinion. We are electing a council, not a president. Multiple winners means that the voter should be able to make multiple choices, not just 'pick one'. Giving the voter the ability to influence more than one persons campaign enhances their vote . . . if they use it properly. I do not think the individual vote has been reduced, just altered and the responsibility of knowing what you are doing has fallen more on the voter.

Quote:
Also the stock standard industry Outpost, POS, NPC facility and Sov balance questions?


Go ahead ask them. Please try to be more specific than waving a hand at a pile of issues.

m

Ok so having seen that you seem to have no idea about the current concerns of people on these forums, failed to answer on the question of loss of voting power

so oh well.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2013-03-12 21:40:58 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:

Ok so having seen that you seem to have no idea about the current concerns of people on these forums, failed to answer on the question of loss of voting power

so oh well.


You are a person on this forum. Some other people might share your concerns about "loss of voting power." This does not mean, as you subtly imply, that all people share those concerns.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-03-12 21:45:14 UTC
Alekseyev Karrde wrote:
The most basic question:

You are most famous in EVE as a strict roleplayer, and your blog posts are in character. If serving on the CSM, will you continue in-character RP communication with CCP? Other CSMs? Player facing communications?


I was asked this before and I stand by what I said then. I can separate RP and politics. I won't show up to a CSM event wearing a wizards hat. Listen to Podside and see if I am a rp fanatic or a serious guy with opinions worth listening to. Look at my original campaign announcement above as ask yourself if I did it 'In Character' or as a player who wants to help.

Do I write an in character blog? Yes. Does it touch on real issues of the game? Yes. Can I communicate directly with people without a filter of RP? Yes

,

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Gallente Federation
#15 - 2013-03-12 21:53:17 UTC
Quote:
Ok so having seen that you seem to have no idea about the current concerns of people on these forums, failed to answer on the question of loss of voting power


Frying, to reiterate what I said in answer to your question the first time . . .

Mike Azariah wrote:
[quote=Frying Doom]Welcome

Giving the voter the ability to influence more than one persons campaign enhances their vote . . . if they use it properly. I do not think the individual vote has been reduced, just altered and the responsibility of knowing what you are doing has fallen more on the voter.



so I did answer your question, would it be better if I bullet-pointed my answers for you?

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

#16 - 2013-03-12 22:40:42 UTC
mynnna wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

Ok so having seen that you seem to have no idea about the current concerns of people on these forums, failed to answer on the question of loss of voting power

so oh well.


You are a person on this forum. Some other people might share your concerns about "loss of voting power." This does not mean, as you subtly imply, that all people share those concerns.

You are completely correct

I am sure there are plenty of people around who do not care about the CSM, I think the voting stats prove that pretty well.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Goonswarm Federation
#17 - 2013-03-12 22:56:34 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
mynnna wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

Ok so having seen that you seem to have no idea about the current concerns of people on these forums, failed to answer on the question of loss of voting power

so oh well.


You are a person on this forum. Some other people might share your concerns about "loss of voting power." This does not mean, as you subtly imply, that all people share those concerns.

You are completely correct

I am sure there are plenty of people around who do not care about the CSM, I think the voting stats prove that pretty well.


The voting stats do not prove that there are plenty of people who do not care about the CSM; the voter stats prove only that there are plenty of people who do not vote, and offer no insight into the reason why. I know it's kind of your "thing" but let's try to limit the spurious leaps of logic around here, shall we?

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

#18 - 2013-03-12 22:59:42 UTC
mynnna wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
mynnna wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

Ok so having seen that you seem to have no idea about the current concerns of people on these forums, failed to answer on the question of loss of voting power

so oh well.


You are a person on this forum. Some other people might share your concerns about "loss of voting power." This does not mean, as you subtly imply, that all people share those concerns.

You are completely correct

I am sure there are plenty of people around who do not care about the CSM, I think the voting stats prove that pretty well.


The voting stats do not prove that there are plenty of people who do not care about the CSM; the voter stats prove only that there are plenty of people who do not vote, and offer no insight into the reason why. I know it's kind of your "thing" but let's try to limit the spurious leaps of logic around here, shall we?

Nope sorry.

Can't be done.

Especially not when you are arguing directly against the comments of major Goonswarm posters on these forums.

Strange they use that logic and it is all good. I use the same logic and it is a "spurious leaps of logic"Lol

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Goonswarm Federation
#19 - 2013-03-12 23:01:19 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
mynnna wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
mynnna wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

Ok so having seen that you seem to have no idea about the current concerns of people on these forums, failed to answer on the question of loss of voting power

so oh well.


You are a person on this forum. Some other people might share your concerns about "loss of voting power." This does not mean, as you subtly imply, that all people share those concerns.

You are completely correct

I am sure there are plenty of people around who do not care about the CSM, I think the voting stats prove that pretty well.


The voting stats do not prove that there are plenty of people who do not care about the CSM; the voter stats prove only that there are plenty of people who do not vote, and offer no insight into the reason why. I know it's kind of your "thing" but let's try to limit the spurious leaps of logic around here, shall we?

Nope sorry.

Can't be done.

Especially not when you are arguing directly against the comments of major Goonswarm posters on these forums.

Strange they use that logic and it is all good. I use the same logic and it is a "spurious leaps of logic"Lol


Roll

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

#20 - 2013-03-12 23:23:25 UTC
mynnna wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
mynnna wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
mynnna wrote:


You are a person on this forum. Some other people might share your concerns about "loss of voting power." This does not mean, as you subtly imply, that all people share those concerns.

You are completely correct

I am sure there are plenty of people around who do not care about the CSM, I think the voting stats prove that pretty well.


The voting stats do not prove that there are plenty of people who do not care about the CSM; the voter stats prove only that there are plenty of people who do not vote, and offer no insight into the reason why. I know it's kind of your "thing" but let's try to limit the spurious leaps of logic around here, shall we?

Nope sorry.

Can't be done.

Especially not when you are arguing directly against the comments of major Goonswarm posters on these forums.

Strange they use that logic and it is all good. I use the same logic and it is a "spurious leaps of logic"Lol


Roll

Well its not my fault if their are Goonswarm responses there for use, when I feel like it Lol

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

8 Pages123Next pageLast page
Forum Jump