These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

[Highsec is safe] My dear merc/griefer bros, this is a sad day.

Author
Reppyk
The Black Shell
#1 - 2011-10-14 14:03:23 UTC
Official statement by CCP, it's easy to miss it :
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=19881

tl;dr

POS are invulnerable in highsec.
With a few corps, you can be wardec-proof.
EVEuni doesn't understand the "EVE Online is a harsh world" line and you must pay billions to spank them.

EVE has never been so safe in high sec, and we in C+P are not enough to drown all the CCP crew with our bitter tears.

I AM SPACE CAPTAIN REPPYK. BEWARE.

Proud co-admin of frugu.net, a French fansite about EVE !

Officer Nyota Uhura
#2 - 2011-10-14 14:17:39 UTC
Sir: Where does your bitterness towards this Eveuni come from?

I myself hail this as a great change, for now hisec is truly safe space and I can finally exit my home at Jita 4-4.
Angry Onions
League of Angered Gentlemen
#3 - 2011-10-14 14:33:19 UTC
Its really fun to hot-drop E-UNI when they come to low sec.... just sayin

S H I T P O S T I N G

Reppyk
The Black Shell
#4 - 2011-10-14 14:53:16 UTC
Officer Nyota Uhura wrote:
Sir: Where does your bitterness towards this Eveuni come from?
I dont care much about EVEuni, but any corp/alliance can increase the wardec fee at will, which lowers my margin in a merc contract.
Note that I'm much worried about the 2 other problems.

BuzzyBeagle
Centers for Intergalactic Mercantile Acquisition
#5 - 2011-10-14 15:06:26 UTC
Reppyk wrote:
Official statement by CCP, it's easy to miss it :
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=19881

tl;dr

POS are invulnerable in highsec.
With a few corps, you can be wardec-proof.
EVEuni doesn't understand the "EVE Online is a harsh world" line and you must pay billions to spank them.

EVE has never been so safe in high sec, and we in C+P are not enough to drown all the CCP crew with our bitter tears.

you are supposed to FARM tears, not GIVE them.
Reppyk
The Black Shell
#6 - 2011-10-14 15:51:50 UTC
BuzzyBeagle wrote:
you are supposed to FARM tears, not GIVE them.
They are removing my tear machine.

Tauren Tom
Order of the Silver Dragons
Silver Dragonz
#7 - 2011-10-14 16:20:55 UTC
Merc tears >.>

I thought this was some QQ thread about changes... Just another eve uni is to expensive to fight thread...

Go kill moar make more isks!
In the grand scheme of things... You're all pubbies. So HTFU.   "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses." - Elwood Blues
Lyris Nairn
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2011-10-14 16:46:45 UTC
I am continually amazed by the EVE public.

Sky Captain of Your Heart

Reddit: lyris_nairn Skype: lyris.nairn Twitter: @lyris_nairn

Barakkus
#9 - 2011-10-14 16:57:08 UTC
Stop being poor. If you can't afford the dec you're doing it wrong.

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

Zandramus
Quiet.Storm
#10 - 2011-10-14 17:13:46 UTC
Meh

Space is never safe

Apparently they are farming your tears now, all things being equal there are plenty of ways to gank pilots without war decs. If they feel safe now they are clearly mistaken.

Z
Tamiya Sarossa
Resistance is Character Forming
#11 - 2011-10-14 17:16:20 UTC
Barakkus wrote:

Right on. Decshield costs money, if you don't have as much money as them they're doing EVE better than you.

POSes can still be killed via aggro extension while shooting mods if you want them dead that much.
Reppyk
The Black Shell
#12 - 2011-10-14 17:17:58 UTC
Barakkus wrote:
All my contracts have a few lines stating that the customer must pay the difference if the wardec fee was increased, so I don't bother personally. I may lose a few customers, well.

I'm quite surprised by the CCP decision (allowing 2 exploits), and you're all welcome to troll me. Pirate

Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#13 - 2011-10-14 17:38:04 UTC
Oh ****... ShockedShockedShocked

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Azelor Delaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2011-10-14 17:53:28 UTC
Personally, I love EvE University/Ivy League's formal response to this change.

"We support this product and/or service."

EvE University has been a joke for a long time. They don't teach PvP, and never have. They've taught people to hide in stations when a lone Rifter shows up. Not a month ago I watched a RvB Hookbill warp to an EUni gate camp at 20. The silly little frigates start peeling off for the juicy kill, and I watch said Hookbill get a good seven or eight kills before getting out at half structure.

Then there was the whole "Aldrat Incident" where a join DEVIL/Orphanage. fleet shows up. Forty people against a good 170, and we pop a good dozen or two before they realize they should dock the hell up. The next day both alliances hit their POS, Kelduum drops the war dec because he can't teach jackshit about PvP, then after they are able to rep the reinforced PoS, they redec everyone.

This doesn't hurt or help EUni, because at the end of the day, they'd be the pussy carebears they've always been.
Lyris Nairn
Perkone
Caldari State
#15 - 2011-10-14 18:17:27 UTC
The only thing I learned from that post is that you think "carebear" is an insult, and that you are made upset by the way other individuals and organisations choose to play the game. Get over yourself and HTFU.

Sky Captain of Your Heart

Reddit: lyris_nairn Skype: lyris.nairn Twitter: @lyris_nairn

Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2011-10-14 18:46:17 UTC
wardec prices are already to cheap, they should be 200mil for an alliance dec and 50mil for corp... basically this just means no more free perma wars for you

pos's arnt invincible you just a moron and havent figured out how to kill them with the new evasion techniques

your mad because you cant get easy kills vs hi-sec bears anymore.
Azelor Delaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2011-10-14 19:13:43 UTC
Lyris Nairn wrote:
The only thing I learned from that post is that you think "carebear" is an insult, and that you are made upset by the way other individuals and organisations choose to play the game. Get over yourself and HTFU.

As a member of Goonswarm, I can understand your aversion to "carebear" being seen as an insult. After all, if I lived in 0.0 and was still pushing for every way of money being made to be exclusive to my failzone, I'd also hate for it to be such an insult.
Killstealing
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2011-10-14 19:14:33 UTC
2 mil a week was a joke anyway
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#19 - 2011-10-14 21:15:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Weaselior
Azelor Delaria wrote:
Lyris Nairn wrote:

As a member of Goonswarm, I can understand your aversion to "carebear" being seen as an insult. After all, if I lived in 0.0 and was still pushing for every way of money being made to be exclusive to my failzone, I'd also hate for it to be such an insult.

that's harsh man, what will we do without the respect and support of the highsec eve player, eve's version of the wreched peasant scratching the earth for his entire life for pennies as he bitterly resents the majestic aristocrats spending the taxes he paid for the whole year at once on an especially comfortable pair of underpants.

they're very comfortable underpants thank you for asking, now back to work or i will be breaking out my new peasant whip and giving it a crack

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Masamune Dekoro
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#20 - 2011-10-14 21:50:51 UTC
What's the pricing structure for wardecs now? Exponential or linear?
12Next page