These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Skira Ranos' Beginner's Guide to Piracy

Author
darmwand
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#1 - 2011-10-14 02:12:02 UTC
Hey everyone

I just noticed that apparently this very helpful resource hasn't made it to the new forums, so I'm going cross-bump it – may it help many a new player to get into the fine art of piracy.

Skira Ranos wrote:
Excerpts from the Preface:

Piracy is the most fun you can have in EVE in my opinion, and something many new players seem attracted to. I myself played many long hours of mind numbing mission running before I attempted my first PvP combat. I died quickly, and could not find any guides that provided the information I needed to survive. So I set about learning to pirate properly all by myself, armed with nothing but a stack of T1 frigates and a desire to yar.

Now, many years and four corporations latter, I am finally confident enough to pass my knowledge on.

This guide is intended to thoroughly fill you in on the basics you need to pirate, and get you up and running with the minimum of hassle. Provided in this first draft is everything you need to know to get out and yar, including settings for your UI, scanning skills, basic tactics, advice, and fittings and tactics for T1 frigates (and before you ask, YES they are effective pirate ships, even solo, and NO you don't need high skill points! Trust me!)

PDF (EVE Files)

Some people have been confused about where the link to our recruitment post is. Signatures are turned off by default on the EVE-O forums. To fix this, go to > EVE forums, settings, and then check "Show Signatures".

"The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp."

darmwand
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#2 - 2011-10-14 03:03:17 UTC  |  Edited by: darmwand
Oh, I just noticed that it's actually linked on the Pirate Resources wiki page which, in turn, is linked in one of the stickies. Sorry for the noise.

Edit: stupid broken bb code

"The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp."

Kitty McKitty
In Praise Of Shadows
#3 - 2011-10-14 08:18:33 UTC
not to worry, its better to make a thread for this than 90% of the dross most imbeciles post about.

Haviing your portrait painted here helps INTAKI Disabled Children ♥

Nephilius
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2011-10-15 13:35:28 UTC
Kitty McKitty wrote:
not to worry, its better to make a thread for this than 90% of the dross most imbeciles post about.

Probably one of the best reads ever in the Eve Universe. I think I might go read it again, actually.
"If."