These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Mynnna for CSM8

First post
Author
mynnna
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2013-03-04 19:20:46 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Dolan
GO AND VOTE!


Click here, Click Endorse! e: I have enough endorsements to get on the final ballot, more always welcome!
Wright STV Voting Explained

I am not going to lie to you here, and in that spirit, I have a little secret.

I'm not The Mittani.

A shocking revelation, I know. Fortunately, I do not need to be. With his efforts on CSM6, the Council is now a powerful tool for player advocacy. CSM7 furthered that relationship; whatever you may think of their perceived failings, CSM7 was the group to which CCP Unifex apologized for not giving the Stakeholder relationship the necessary attention, vowing to do better. This says to me that CCP values that relationship and want to make better use of it, something I intend to take them up on.

I'm not going to promise to get any features implemented, because I can not, and neither can anyone else. At the end of the day, CCP does what they will. What I will promise is to work to guide that will towards the best interests of the players. And to do that, I'm going to be a "junior game designer". So is every other Council member, whether they realize it or not; giving effective feedback demands it. That doesn't mean I'm running to do CCP's work for them. It means I'm running to work with them, to make the game better without making it "not EVE". Vote for me and what you'll get is thoughtful analysis of problems in EVE, regardless of what type of player you are. You'll get presentation of your ideas to CCP. And if it's necessary, I'm more than willing to tear a system apart from the inside to demonstrate its problems or simply call CCP out.

Want to know what I think about something? Great! I'm not running on a platform of minutiae, but I'll be happy to comment on them anyway. If you have something to ask, post here or send an evemail (remember the third 'n'). If you're the type of voter who only cares about those minutiae and my opinions do not match yours, that's fine - odds are that your vote, or indeed the vote of anyone whose interests are so laughably narrow, is not worth having.

Contact
If you'd prefer private contact, the best way would be via evemail. Make sure you get the third N, else it goes to my alt and I ignore you.
I also post on twitter as @mynnna_eve, write at themittani.com, and recently started blogging.

Shameless Propaganda
http://i.imgur.com/wvw7qXT.png

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

mynnna
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2013-03-04 19:20:57 UTC
Reserved

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

mynnna
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2013-03-04 19:21:07 UTC
Reserved

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Dyvim Slorm
Coven of the Morrigan
#4 - 2013-03-04 19:32:19 UTC
These are some questions I've put to Malcanis and Ripard Teg, so I'd be interested in your views as well:


I was wondering as to your view regarding the balance between high, low and null.

It's my *perception* (and I use that word advisedly) that null and low have almost swapped places. Back in the "good old days" we used to have a clear path for training new pilots, start them in highsec, then move them to low to harden them up and then to null once they had proved their worth.

It does seem now that the path is more high -> null -> low as it certainly appears that null is a better environment to train rookies in the next stages rather than low.

Do you have a view on how the balance would be corrected, or the perception changed if this is incorrect, or if it even needs changing?
Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#5 - 2013-03-04 19:33:11 UTC
I'm not sure if an endorsement from me helps or hurts you, but I have spoken to mynnna many times over the last few months, and I feel that he will do a fantastic job on CSM8. I'm sure many people won't look past his corp/alliance tags, but you really should.

If I thought he needed my vote, he would be somewhere just after the 5 wormhole candidates on my ballot.

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#6 - 2013-03-04 19:37:02 UTC
Posting to say "good luck" (although you probably won't need it) and that I think you are one of the best candidates out there if for nothing else than your ability to game a system. If you weren't part of a large bloc already, I'd vote for you.

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

mynnna
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2013-03-04 20:00:52 UTC  |  Edited by: mynnna
Dyvim Slorm wrote:
These are some questions I've put to Malcanis and Ripard Teg, so I'd be interested in your views as well:


I was wondering as to your view regarding the balance between high, low and null.

It's my *perception* (and I use that word advisedly) that null and low have almost swapped places. Back in the "good old days" we used to have a clear path for training new pilots, start them in highsec, then move them to low to harden them up and then to null once they had proved their worth.

It does seem now that the path is more high -> null -> low as it certainly appears that null is a better environment to train rookies in the next stages rather than low.

Do you have a view on how the balance would be corrected, or the perception changed if this is incorrect, or if it even needs changing?


My first experience with lowsec in those "good old days" was flying back out through it from Syndicate towards highsec after having podjumped to Syndicate (and getting blown up for lack of instas), but my experiences don't necessarily those of match many players. Blink

To answer the question though, I think the fact that there's a progression at all is what's broken. Everyone starts in highsec (for now?), but if they're able or willing to make the leap directly into low or null (or wormhole space, for that matter) they shouldn't feel like they have to graduate through what may be seen as "lesser" forms of space first. Ultimately, the most important factor there is having other players already in those areas of space willing to accept them, take them in, help them out, etc. And that, I believe, is why you may have see the progression as high -> null -> low. Goonswarm (and indeed much of the CFC), TEST (and, I suspect, much of the HBC), and many others in nullsec are happy to take in new players and work with them. Whether or not that's a common thing in lowsec as well, I'm not sure. However, we are starting to see new groups in lowsec that do the same, though; Fweddit comes to mind, and I believe I've heard that Brave Newbies making noise about moving into lowsec as well.

That's not to say that there aren't things CCP can do, of course. More content accessible to newbies on their own or more content with needs a newbie can fill (better yet, both) would go a long way in both low and null. In both cases, that'd have to come as part of larger revamps to both areas of the game and, in the case of lowsec, figuring out a theme, the "what's this place about" story.

e: And thank you to both the gentlemen above me. Bear

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Seleene
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#8 - 2013-03-04 20:10:50 UTC
I wish you luck, mynnna. The CSM has changed quite a lot in the last 2-3 terms. CCP needs people with smart ideas, an open mind and good communication skills to keep representing the community. I think you're going to be an excellent CSM. Smile

2004-2008: Mercenary Coalition Boss

2007-2010: CCP Game Designer | 2011-2013: CSM6 Delegate & CSM7 Chairman

2011-2015: Pandemic Legionnaire

2015- : Mercenary Coalition Boss

Follow Seleene on Twitter!

Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#9 - 2013-03-04 20:27:29 UTC
Who?

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#10 - 2013-03-04 20:41:08 UTC
mynnna wrote:
Dyvim Slorm wrote:
These are some questions I've put to Malcanis and Ripard Teg, so I'd be interested in your views as well:


I was wondering as to your view regarding the balance between high, low and null.

It's my *perception* (and I use that word advisedly) that null and low have almost swapped places. Back in the "good old days" we used to have a clear path for training new pilots, start them in highsec, then move them to low to harden them up and then to null once they had proved their worth.

It does seem now that the path is more high -> null -> low as it certainly appears that null is a better environment to train rookies in the next stages rather than low.

Do you have a view on how the balance would be corrected, or the perception changed if this is incorrect, or if it even needs changing?


My first experience with lowsec in those "good old days" was flying back out through it from Syndicate towards highsec after having podjumped to Syndicate (and getting blown up for lack of instas), but my experiences don't necessarily those of match many players. Blink

To answer the question though, I think the fact that there's a progression at all is what's broken. Everyone starts in highsec (for now?), but if they're able or willing to make the leap directly into low or null (or wormhole space, for that matter) they shouldn't feel like they have to graduate through what may be seen as "lesser" forms of space first. Ultimately, the most important factor there is having other players already in those areas of space willing to accept them, take them in, help them out, etc. And that, I believe, is why you may have see the progression as high -> null -> low. Goonswarm (and indeed much of the CFC), TEST (and, I suspect, much of the HBC), and many others in nullsec are happy to take in new players and work with them. Whether or not that's a common thing in lowsec as well, I'm not sure. However, we are starting to see new groups in lowsec that do the same, though; Fweddit comes to mind, and I believe I've heard that Brave Newbies making noise about moving into lowsec as well.

That's not to say that there aren't things CCP can do, of course. More content accessible to newbies on their own or more content with needs a newbie can fill (better yet, both) would go a long way in both low and null. In both cases, that'd have to come as part of larger revamps to both areas of the game and, in the case of lowsec, figuring out a theme, the "what's this place about" story.

e: And thank you to both the gentlemen above me. Bear


Or, provided that hisec is a revolving door of players who go in, don't move elsewhere and eventually unsub because the hisec suxx, maybe CCP could beef up hisec? You know, as in bring new content to where the players are rather than kick their shins until they either move to the "cool" content or quit?
mynnna
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2013-03-04 21:00:42 UTC  |  Edited by: mynnna
You're saying, in other words, that highsec should be something other than totally safe, boring and low level? Yes, I agree. Go read Malcanis' old manifesto. The underlying concept is to make highest something other than totally safe, boring and low level, to offer opportunities for interesting, cooperative, high level play in ways that retain the spirit of EVE... meaning, not a carebear oriented themepark. There aren't more than half a dozen words in that post of his that I disagree with. On the other hand, if that carebear oriented themepark is what you're getting at, then I disagree in the strongest of terms.

However, development for those sorts of changes should not come at the cost of other areas in the game. Of course, with the new theme-based development system, it likely won't.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-03-04 21:21:52 UTC
When I am evaluating CSM candidates, I look for thoughtful professionals who can communicate well and are willing to work hard. mynnna makes the cut with ease.

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#13 - 2013-03-04 21:33:43 UTC
I am absolutely looking forward to working with Mynnna if I get elected. He's knowledgable, thoughtful and incisive, and he'll be a huge asset to the CSM when he gets elected.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Wescro
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#14 - 2013-03-04 21:44:43 UTC
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
When I am evaluating CSM candidates, I look for thoughtful professionals who can communicate well and are willing to work hard. mynnna makes the cut with ease.


I'm glad to see all the elite communicators running for CSM. It almost takes my mind of their actual platforms.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#15 - 2013-03-04 21:48:26 UTC
mynnna wrote:
You're saying, in other words, that highsec should be something other than totally safe, boring and low level? Yes, I agree. Go read Malcanis' old manifesto. The underlying concept is to make highest something other than totally safe, boring and low level, to offer opportunities for interesting, cooperative, high level play in ways that retain the spirit of EVE... meaning, not a carebear oriented themepark. There aren't more than half a dozen words in that post of his that I disagree with. On the other hand, if that carebear oriented themepark is what you're getting at, then I disagree in the strongest of terms.

However, development for those sorts of changes should not come at the cost of other areas in the game. Of course, with the new theme-based development system, it likely won't.


Malcanis Manifesto was interesting until he completely left casual players out of his suggestions. Also he couldn't understand why should someone refuse to lose his ship... maybe because he had to grind missions four months to pay for it? Huh? Maybe because a Mackinaw is worth 30 hours of solo mining, and some players need a whole month to play that much time and can't bloody afford to lose it in 30 seconds?

I don't want a theme park game in EVE, period. But I certainly wonder why now in March 2013, the list of content that attracted and interested me of EVE in October 2008 is roughly the same as it was then... thus i am no longer playing the game.

EVE is a very expensive game in terms of time, and as a hiseccer, the rewards it provides for that time are clearly insufficent in variety, quantity and sense of accomplishment as to keep me interested in going after them. I can't just "leave things alone" and be sure they will be there when i can come back to EVE as nothing in EVE is safe but your avatar in a station doing nothing. There are no 10,000 blocks LEGOs you can start building today and keep progressing until you fisnish them next week, next month, or next year... on your own, without depending on 20 guys being logged in at once and none backstabbing you by block #9,990.

EVE is solo/casual hostile for no good reason, and so far the place in EVE that better suits to adding solo/casual content is hisec. Hisec does not need to be deprived of content to lure people away of it and into the existing content, what it needs is content designed to bring EVE to the people who won't go after it elsewhere because they can't.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#16 - 2013-03-04 21:51:10 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
mynnna wrote:
You're saying, in other words, that highsec should be something other than totally safe, boring and low level? Yes, I agree. Go read Malcanis' old manifesto. The underlying concept is to make highest something other than totally safe, boring and low level, to offer opportunities for interesting, cooperative, high level play in ways that retain the spirit of EVE... meaning, not a carebear oriented themepark. There aren't more than half a dozen words in that post of his that I disagree with. On the other hand, if that carebear oriented themepark is what you're getting at, then I disagree in the strongest of terms.

However, development for those sorts of changes should not come at the cost of other areas in the game. Of course, with the new theme-based development system, it likely won't.


Malcanis Manifesto was interesting until he completely left casual players out of his suggestions.


The central theme of the manfesto was casual players. However I have more belief in casual players and don't necessarily equate the term with "risk averse carebear".

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Powers Sa
#17 - 2013-03-04 22:06:06 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
mynnna wrote:
You're saying, in other words, that highsec should be something other than totally safe, boring and low level? Yes, I agree. Go read Malcanis' old manifesto. The underlying concept is to make highest something other than totally safe, boring and low level, to offer opportunities for interesting, cooperative, high level play in ways that retain the spirit of EVE... meaning, not a carebear oriented themepark. There aren't more than half a dozen words in that post of his that I disagree with. On the other hand, if that carebear oriented themepark is what you're getting at, then I disagree in the strongest of terms.

However, development for those sorts of changes should not come at the cost of other areas in the game. Of course, with the new theme-based development system, it likely won't.


Malcanis Manifesto was interesting until he completely left casual players out of his suggestions. Also he couldn't understand why should someone refuse to lose his ship... maybe because he had to grind missions four months to pay for it? Huh? Maybe because a Mackinaw is worth 30 hours of solo mining, and some players need a whole month to play that much time and can't bloody afford to lose it in 30 seconds?

I don't want a theme park game in EVE, period. But I certainly wonder why now in March 2013, the list of content that attracted and interested me of EVE in October 2008 is roughly the same as it was then... thus i am no longer playing the game.

EVE is a very expensive game in terms of time, and as a hiseccer, the rewards it provides for that time are clearly insufficent in variety, quantity and sense of accomplishment as to keep me interested in going after them. I can't just "leave things alone" and be sure they will be there when i can come back to EVE as nothing in EVE is safe but your avatar in a station doing nothing. There are no 10,000 blocks LEGOs you can start building today and keep progressing until you fisnish them next week, next month, or next year... on your own, without depending on 20 guys being logged in at once and none backstabbing you by block #9,990.

EVE is solo/casual hostile for no good reason, and so far the place in EVE that better suits to adding solo/casual content is hisec. Hisec does not need to be deprived of content to lure people away of it and into the existing content, what it needs is content designed to bring EVE to the people who won't go after it elsewhere because they can't.

Nobody cares. Post on your main or get out.

Hey don't vote for this guy if you like your faction warfare isk faucets.

Do you like winning t2 frigs and dictors for Dirt Cheap?https://eveninggames.net/register/ref/dQddmNgyLhFBqNJk

Remeber: Gambling addiction is no laughing matter unless you've lost a vast space fortune on the internet.

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#18 - 2013-03-04 22:09:29 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
mynnna wrote:
You're saying, in other words, that highsec should be something other than totally safe, boring and low level? Yes, I agree. Go read Malcanis' old manifesto. The underlying concept is to make highest something other than totally safe, boring and low level, to offer opportunities for interesting, cooperative, high level play in ways that retain the spirit of EVE... meaning, not a carebear oriented themepark. There aren't more than half a dozen words in that post of his that I disagree with. On the other hand, if that carebear oriented themepark is what you're getting at, then I disagree in the strongest of terms.

However, development for those sorts of changes should not come at the cost of other areas in the game. Of course, with the new theme-based development system, it likely won't.


Malcanis Manifesto was interesting until he completely left casual players out of his suggestions.


The central theme of the manfesto was casual players. However I have more belief in casual players and don't necessarily equate the term with "risk averse carebear".


Oh, yes, casual players, who should gamble Lvl5 ships worth six months of their gameplay to earn 10% more rewards so they don't look like "risk averse carebears" to Malcanis' eyes. And then have it all nerfed because nullsec can't stand anyone earning 50 million per hour in hisec. What?



Indahmawar Fazmarai
#19 - 2013-03-04 22:13:55 UTC
Powers Sa wrote:
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
mynnna wrote:
You're saying, in other words, that highsec should be something other than totally safe, boring and low level? Yes, I agree. Go read Malcanis' old manifesto. The underlying concept is to make highest something other than totally safe, boring and low level, to offer opportunities for interesting, cooperative, high level play in ways that retain the spirit of EVE... meaning, not a carebear oriented themepark. There aren't more than half a dozen words in that post of his that I disagree with. On the other hand, if that carebear oriented themepark is what you're getting at, then I disagree in the strongest of terms.

However, development for those sorts of changes should not come at the cost of other areas in the game. Of course, with the new theme-based development system, it likely won't.


Malcanis Manifesto was interesting until he completely left casual players out of his suggestions. Also he couldn't understand why should someone refuse to lose his ship... maybe because he had to grind missions four months to pay for it? Huh? Maybe because a Mackinaw is worth 30 hours of solo mining, and some players need a whole month to play that much time and can't bloody afford to lose it in 30 seconds?

I don't want a theme park game in EVE, period. But I certainly wonder why now in March 2013, the list of content that attracted and interested me of EVE in October 2008 is roughly the same as it was then... thus i am no longer playing the game.

EVE is a very expensive game in terms of time, and as a hiseccer, the rewards it provides for that time are clearly insufficent in variety, quantity and sense of accomplishment as to keep me interested in going after them. I can't just "leave things alone" and be sure they will be there when i can come back to EVE as nothing in EVE is safe but your avatar in a station doing nothing. There are no 10,000 blocks LEGOs you can start building today and keep progressing until you fisnish them next week, next month, or next year... on your own, without depending on 20 guys being logged in at once and none backstabbing you by block #9,990.

EVE is solo/casual hostile for no good reason, and so far the place in EVE that better suits to adding solo/casual content is hisec. Hisec does not need to be deprived of content to lure people away of it and into the existing content, what it needs is content designed to bring EVE to the people who won't go after it elsewhere because they can't.

Nobody cares. Post on your main or get out.

Hey don't vote for this guy if you like your faction warfare isk faucets.


WTF? My main is unsubbed since october. She was around here last month burning out a spare PLEX after the presentation of the CSM summit, and now i bought 3 months for 30 euros to be around here for the election, fanfest and the intrroduction of the "themed" summer expansion.
Vince Snetterton
#20 - 2013-03-04 22:52:37 UTC
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
When I am evaluating CSM candidates, I look for thoughtful professionals who can communicate well and are willing to work hard. mynnna makes the cut with ease.



Errr...sorry Trebor.
You are wrong.

For those that want to get a real sense of what this guy is all about, go to the Zebra Crossings podcast interview.

When asked why he is running, his answer was, after a pause,"because my wife said so."
Also, listen throughout the interview for the long, long pauses where he has no clue what to say to simple, important questions, especially when asked about he current CSM.

He was unprepared, or truly had no way to express himself.
Good communicator indeed.

Mynnna is a lock for the number 1 spot on he CSM because of who is backing him.
But if he ran without the support of the null sec voting bloc, he would get lost in the noise of so many candidates who have nothing to add, nothing to say.

This guy is going to be in the forefront of destroying high sec, mostly for his own purposes and economic cabal, not for the crazed uninformed reasons trumpeted by the standard null sec zealot. The koch brothers behind the tea party.
123Next pageLast page