These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Animated Corporate Logos

Author
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#1 - 2011-10-13 17:43:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Andreus Ixiris
Hello, my name is Andreus Ixiris, and I like to make videos. In fact, you could say it's a passion of mine. It's also what I want to do for a living, so the more practice I get in doing it, the better. If you are yourself a video-making enthusiast but don't really have the time or the skill for complex compositioning and special effects, but you've always wanted something cool to put at the start of your videos, I have an offer for you!

I make animated corporate logos, and I've done a few for various friends of mine as examples.

- Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive Logo
- Mixed Metaphor Logo
- Veto Logo
- Voyeur Studios Logo
- 0ccupational Hazzard Logo

Each of these logos took roughly six to eight hours of work over the course of a few days to make, depending on how much of the base, static artwork I had to do from scratch, how detailed the client's concept was and how available the client was to review draft. I do my work in Adobe After Effects, which I possess a wide variety of third-party supplementary material for, including the full suite of VideoCopilot plugins and supplements.

I deliver my videos in 10 mpbs Windows Media Video 9.0 (.wmv) format. Video is 30 fps at 1280x720 resolution, 1.0 square pixel (16:9 aspect ratio) with 320 kbps stereo sound - for a ten to fifteen second animation, this will give you an eventual file size of between three and ten megabytes - easily portable on even the slowest of connections. In layman's terms, you get a 720p video file about the size of a single song on iTunes that you can send to YouTube and play on just about any media player.

I'm going to start out with fairly low prices to see how such a business venture takes off. It'll cost 50,000,000 (fifty million) ISK for an animated logo if you can provide suitable vector artwork yourself, and 150,000,000 (one-hundred fifty million) ISK if you need me to do the vector art (I'm still learning to do vector artwork as well, so there may be some very complex things I just can't do yet). I have the tools for full-scale 3D modelling but I'm not comfortable enough with their use as of yet to offer them on the market, but they may be available in the future.

Remember that the more precise and detailed your concept, the easier it is for me to deliver a pleasing end result, and the more available you are for consultation and evaluation of drafts, the quicker I can deliver it.

I take payment after the delivery of a completed product. Once you've paid me, you're free to use these logos in any video production you make as long as I am given credit. I reserve the right to display the completed logo on my YouTube channel as sample work for future clients.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Cap Tyrian
Guiding Hand Social Club
#2 - 2011-10-14 00:08:54 UTC
That is a nice service idea, and the price is very low. I'd take one if my corp logo wasn't a golden duck -.-
I'll keep you in mined, got a video in the pipeline. As 50mill/150mill is nutting I'd say I'll pay you and if you actually deliver and i can actually use that I'll hit something suitable on top.
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#3 - 2011-10-14 00:13:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Andreus Ixiris
Well the price is low because this is a new market, I don't have all that much work to show yet and because what I'm delivering isn't very big. But please don't worry about being utterly faithful to corp logos - if, for instance, you look at the Voyeur Studios logo, it looks nothing like the weird eye-star thing that Voyeur Studios has as its logo in game (although since that's a very simple shape, I was able to recreate it fairly faithfully in Illustrator).

Do not be constrained by the awful corp logo design tools CCP saddles us with. Together, we can do better!

EDIT: Holy crap, I didn't even realise you were a member of the Guiding Hand Social Club until I checked your details in-game!

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Noriko Mai
#4 - 2011-10-14 00:43:59 UTC
The I-ED sound is very nice. Like an Stomp Intro.

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein

Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#5 - 2011-10-14 01:35:27 UTC
Cap Tyrian wrote:
That is a nice service idea, and the price is very low. I'd take one if my corp logo wasn't a golden duck -.-
I'll keep you in mined, got a video in the pipeline. As 50mill/150mill is nutting I'd say I'll pay you and if you actually deliver and i can actually use that I'll hit something suitable on top.

Well, they didn't have a goose handy...
Miriam Sasko
Matari Exodus
#6 - 2011-10-14 07:05:44 UTC
Nice work so far, I especially like the I-RED one. I'm away for the weekend but will get back to you afterwards, hopefully with a done concept for a .exo. logo that will probably have little or nothing to do with our ingame one (do you mind if it is done with crayon?)

On a sidenote - can you use ship models? If so, do you think a Tempest or Maelstrom with flags/colours flying at the "top wingy bit" are feasible?

Latest Video: The Graf Spee Legacy

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#7 - 2011-10-14 07:20:16 UTC
I think mine would make an awesome logo to animate but i dont feel like dropping the 150 on it atm :3

....i tend to spend my ISK a lot.....

The Drake is a Lie

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#8 - 2011-10-14 12:32:41 UTC
Miriam Sasko wrote:
On a sidenote - can you use ship models? If so, do you think a Tempest or Maelstrom with flags/colours flying at the "top wingy bit" are feasible?

It depends on what you mean by "use ship models". If you're asking me to extract models from the EVE client files and do some 3D animation, no, I don't think I can do that (yet).

Andreus Ixiris > ...

ROSSLINDEN0
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#9 - 2011-10-14 14:22:11 UTC
The related videos when you watch the Voyeur Studios is a little creepy, guess it was only a matter of time before CP started making its way onto youtube
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#10 - 2011-10-14 14:37:18 UTC
ROSSLINDEN0 wrote:
The related videos when you watch the Voyeur Studios is a little creepy, guess it was only a matter of time before CP started making its way onto youtube

Yeah, I was kind of upset about that.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Buhhdust Princess
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#11 - 2011-10-20 00:07:56 UTC
Well, some quality work from Andreus, fee + a little tip, see this in my next video ^^
-Buhhd
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#12 - 2011-10-20 00:09:46 UTC
Just finished the logo for 0ccupational Hazzard alliance. We had a few headaches working out the particulars but they paid me 500 million for it, and they were honest enough to give me the full price they promised without us needing to waste money on a third-party service.

This is an example of a video that would typically cost about 75-150 million ISK, but they decided to give me a generous tip.

Buhhdust Princess also gave me links to some pretty cool drum & bass so that's cool too. Big smile

Andreus Ixiris > ...

John Revenent
Revenent Defence Corperation
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#13 - 2011-10-29 20:25:14 UTC
I approve of this service.

Andreus is very professional, and knows what he is doing.

JR

Ishukone Loyalist - Private Contractor

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned."

Luxi Daphiti
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2011-10-29 21:24:50 UTC
Looks pretty good, I'll keep you in mind, sure I'll have need for your services one day. Good luck with your venture until then!
Graelyn
Reikoku
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#15 - 2011-11-08 07:36:52 UTC
Now there's a service! Cool

Cardinal Graelyn

Amarr Loyalist of the Year - YC113

Stonecold Steve
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#16 - 2011-11-08 11:15:29 UTC
You only make video's or also animated gifs and in-depth logos?

“Hasta la muerte, todo es vida.”

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#17 - 2011-11-08 11:16:54 UTC
Stonecold Steve wrote:
You only make video's or also animated gifs and in-depth logos?

It depends on the complexity of your request, but I can make logos. GIFs are a little harder but I could probably make one if neccessary.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

BLACK-STAR
#18 - 2011-11-09 07:42:55 UTC
wow these are really sharp. good work.

If you got time for a project, I'll prepare you a high res logo and it's separate counterparts. This would be for an alliance.

I think you're too generous with that low ISK asking, so in evemail the complexity will be tallied there. If you have time for this, you may drop me a mail any time as it's no rush.

great stuff!
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#19 - 2011-11-09 07:45:50 UTC
BLACK-STAR wrote:
I think you're too generous with that low ISK asking

This is a new and untested market. So far I've gotten some really good business off of it (the client for my first completed project decided to pay me 500m), but I don't want to price myself out of a market I don't even know is viable yet. Besides, low prices encourage early adopters. If demand starts exceeding my ability to supply, I might start raising prices, but for now, low prices make sense.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

zhoed
Independent Trade and Exploration Corporation
#20 - 2011-11-09 11:31:28 UTC
wow nice work :)
12Next page