These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

CSM 8 Candidate Sort Dragon

Author
Sort Dragon
Resilience.
DARKNESS.
#1 - 2013-02-19 01:07:37 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Dolan
Hi my name is Sort Dragon

This is me introducing myself with the intent to run for a seat in the Council of Stellar Management term 8, in this manifesto I will explain to you why I think I should be elected a seat in the Council of Stellar Management.

First off I am not going to try to promise that I can get anything changed as we all know that is not 100% possible and too many times csm's have gone out with promises to get ccp to change things and failed. On the other hand I promise to be the voice to the people who need that voice, be that from the noobie who just wants to bring his new shiney drake to a fleet or the titan pilot who just wants to make people cry. I understand that by being a csm you do not hold infinite power but you are selected to give voice to the topics and thoughts of the player base to the developers and gms where the average player cannot.

A little bit about myself, throughout my long time in eve I have been involved in all levels of game play I am currently in the alliance Pandemic Legion and have been for the past year and a half. Previous to this I was in Northern Coalition. and IT Alliance before that. I am a ceo of my own pvp corp with close to 60 actual members, throughout my time in eve I have held many different leadership positions but I find myself at my best when I lead from the front.

I have been reading through the minutes of CSM 7 and I can see a main focus for csm 8 is going to be for 0.0. I believe with my past experience in eve I am perfectly suited for a position on the csm. This means yes my main focus will be 0.0 but that does not in any way mean that I will ignore empire or low sec .I have played the game so long now to understand that for 0.0 to survive and be able to give the great content and fights that it does then there must be a be a balance found between all 3 areas of eve.

My experience in eve is the following:

  • Industry from smallest of building and invention to titan and super cap production.

  • Fcing roams to fcing large fleets in low sec empire and 0.0.

  • I have held leadership positions across multiple alliances during multiple wars and campaigns that have been through eve.

  • Managing massive regions of current and old sov system space to know the ins and out of 0.0 sov warfare and and pos warfare and what I believe to be the positives and negatives to these things.


Throughout the coming election you will see many different candidates come forward with different ideas and platforms and reasons for voting for them, if you have any questions for me regarding my campaign feel free to contact me via evemail and also feel free to follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/Sort_Dragon

I will further state my intentions as it gets closer to the election date and will be looking to you the players in eve to help me understand what your needs are. I ask for your consideration to vote for me in the coming election.
Sort Dragon
Resilience.
DARKNESS.
#2 - 2013-02-19 01:11:47 UTC
Reserve this post for future use...
Vince Draken
Burning Napalm
Northern Coalition.
#3 - 2013-02-19 01:18:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Vince Draken
Not much to say other than get your votes behind a proper 0.0 representative for us 0.0 spaceship nerds



  • Top Guy



  • Good FC with experience of ALL types of pvp from supers to frigs



  • Actual in game player experience both as a noob and top FC



Please vote no more ******** CSM who have no clue about Eve Online

PS. Bring back Elise :3
DarkSim Market
Gangnam Style.
#4 - 2013-02-19 01:24:21 UTC
My CSM
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2013-02-19 02:24:24 UTC
what specific areas of game changes would you be able to comment on without consulting with anyone? i.e. CCP comes to you with an idea to do a specific change to eve gameplay: which areas are you able to comment intelligently on, and which do you need to defer to someone else's expertise?

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Sort Dragon
Resilience.
DARKNESS.
#6 - 2013-02-19 03:16:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Sort Dragon
Weaselior wrote:
what specific areas of game changes would you be able to comment on without consulting with anyone? i.e. CCP comes to you with an idea to do a specific change to eve gameplay: which areas are you able to comment intelligently on, and which do you need to defer to someone else's expertise?


There is litterally very little in eve that I do not know or have not done in the past. This is not arrogance and I apologize if it comes across like that, I have just literally done that many things in eve that it would be hard for me not to be able to comment on them all... If I had to maybe pick some then it would quite possibly be some level 4 missions and some arc missions that I do not know as much as everything else about.

Because this game at times can be very boring I have tried my best while low times in the pvp world to try my hardest to keep myself interested by trying different things. Also as I like to make isk in this game and I am pretty good at it I have researched nearly every single way possible to make isk and this has helped me learn the ins and outs of the game.
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
No Response
#7 - 2013-02-19 04:40:18 UTC
A question to the OP: How important do you believe it is for a CSM 8 candidate to be able to express himself well through the proper use of spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and grammar?

http://www.wormholes.info

Zloco Crendraven
BALKAN EXPRESS
Shadow Cartel
#8 - 2013-02-19 10:37:37 UTC
He at least mentioned lowsec which is fair enough.

BALEX, bringing piracy on a whole new level.

HVAC Repairman
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2013-02-19 14:26:22 UTC
What is your stance with DBRB and girlfriends?
Snot Shot
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2013-02-19 16:18:40 UTC
Sort – As you are aware of, I’m one of your biggest fans.....Smile Be it that PLs dominance of null sec is built on a foundation of broken game mechanics, (SOV, Tech, SC, etc.) what could you tell us about your platform which would lead people to believe that you’re simply not being put in place to protect and guide game mechanics which will perpetuate PL’s dominance of null sec?
.

Twitter = @Snot_Shot  - “If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

evesnotshot.blogspot.com

Sort Dragon
Resilience.
DARKNESS.
#11 - 2013-02-19 17:22:24 UTC
Nathan Jameson wrote:
A question to the OP: How important do you believe it is for a CSM 8 candidate to be able to express himself well through the proper use of spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and grammar?


A fair question I do believe there is a fair need for a csm to be understood using spelling and grammar and such. However I do not believe that this should be relied upon to type and have the best English skills, after all eve is a global game with a lot of English speakers and I would think a csm should strive to be understood by all, so it is up to a csm to type so all can understand him or her.

I myself speak 2 languages and understand a further 3, English may be my mother tongue but after living overseas I can admit my english has failed me and I could not count for it being my best language. But 1 thing I can account for in my travels and I know above all else is the one thing people always want no matter if they are living in a foreign country or if they are just visiting or if they are a native. All everyone wants is to be understood so yes I do think that correct writing should be used but I do think that will not be my focus my focus will be to make sure people understand what I am saying instead of lots of fancy words and comments.
Sort Dragon
Resilience.
DARKNESS.
#12 - 2013-02-19 17:22:50 UTC
HVAC Repairman wrote:
What is your stance with DBRB and girlfriends?


The injustices should be delt with as they come...
Sort Dragon
Resilience.
DARKNESS.
#13 - 2013-02-19 17:37:35 UTC
Snot Shot wrote:
Sort – As you are aware of, I’m one of your biggest fans.....Smile Be it that PLs dominance of null sec is built on a foundation of broken game mechanics, (SOV, Tech, SC, etc.) what could you tell us about your platform which would lead people to believe that you’re simply not being put in place to protect and guide game mechanics which will perpetuate PL’s dominance of null sec?
.


I think people misunderstand pl we may have the best toys the best income and we may adapt well with the times and yes this has come from broken mechanics, but the one thing that should be remembered is PL always adapts and it is a common misconception that we break the rules to have our own way with the csm this I cannot attempt to squash because no one would believe me but the fact is even if I was not nominated then PL would still adapt still try to find new ways to exist. My seat on the csm would not give my alliance any great advantage compared to others it would instead give the general player base from all alliances an advantage because the experience I have means I know what needs to be done for everyone to enjoy this game and not just myself or my alliance.

No matter whether I am put into place by a way to guide game mechanics or not, I believe in what I am doing and know I am not here to influence changes that would hurt eve however there will be some people who will not believe what I am fighting for which is fair enough this is politics afterall. But the one thing I do trust in is the players to let me know what they want and I trust the Developers to develop a game that would help everyone not just my alliance. My job is to guide those 2 sides to understand each other better.

mynnna
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2013-02-19 17:47:51 UTC  |  Edited by: mynnna
Sort Dragon wrote:
Snot Shot wrote:
Sort – As you are aware of, I’m one of your biggest fans.....Smile Be it that PLs dominance of null sec is built on a foundation of broken game mechanics, (SOV, Tech, SC, etc.) what could you tell us about your platform which would lead people to believe that you’re simply not being put in place to protect and guide game mechanics which will perpetuate PL’s dominance of null sec?
.


I think people misunderstand pl we may have the best toys the best income and we may adapt well with the times and yes this has come from broken mechanics, but the one thing that should be remembered is PL always adapts and it is a common misconception that we break the rules to have our own way with the csm this I cannot attempt to squash because no one would believe me but the fact is even if I was not nominated then PL would still adapt still try to find new ways to exist. My seat on the csm would not give my alliance any great advantage compared to others it would instead give the general player base from all alliances an advantage because the experience I have means I know what needs to be done for everyone to enjoy this game and not just myself or my alliance.

No matter whether I am put into place by a way to guide game mechanics or not, I believe in what I am doing and know I am not here to influence changes that would hurt eve however there will be some people who will not believe what I am fighting for which is fair enough this is politics afterall. But the one thing I do trust in is the players to let me know what they want and I trust the Developers to develop a game that would help everyone not just my alliance. My job is to guide those 2 sides to understand each other better.



I wouldn't worry too much about questions like that, I'm sure I'll be answering the "How do we know you're not doing this for the benefit of goons/for your own personal isk benefit" question time and again. Roll Comes with being a bloc candidate and (in my case) a known rich man/(ab)user of game mechanics.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Sort Dragon
Resilience.
DARKNESS.
#15 - 2013-02-19 18:11:18 UTC
mynnna wrote:
Sort Dragon wrote:
Snot Shot wrote:
Sort – As you are aware of, I’m one of your biggest fans.....Smile Be it that PLs dominance of null sec is built on a foundation of broken game mechanics, (SOV, Tech, SC, etc.) what could you tell us about your platform which would lead people to believe that you’re simply not being put in place to protect and guide game mechanics which will perpetuate PL’s dominance of null sec?
.


I think people misunderstand pl we may have the best toys the best income and we may adapt well with the times and yes this has come from broken mechanics, but the one thing that should be remembered is PL always adapts and it is a common misconception that we break the rules to have our own way with the csm this I cannot attempt to squash because no one would believe me but the fact is even if I was not nominated then PL would still adapt still try to find new ways to exist. My seat on the csm would not give my alliance any great advantage compared to others it would instead give the general player base from all alliances an advantage because the experience I have means I know what needs to be done for everyone to enjoy this game and not just myself or my alliance.

No matter whether I am put into place by a way to guide game mechanics or not, I believe in what I am doing and know I am not here to influence changes that would hurt eve however there will be some people who will not believe what I am fighting for which is fair enough this is politics afterall. But the one thing I do trust in is the players to let me know what they want and I trust the Developers to develop a game that would help everyone not just my alliance. My job is to guide those 2 sides to understand each other better.



I wouldn't worry too much about questions like that, I'm sure I'll be answering the "How do we know you're not doing this for the benefit of goons/for your own personal isk benefit" question time and again. Roll Comes with being a bloc candidate and (in my case) a known rich man/(ab)user of game mechanics.


I am not worried but every serious question deserves an answer...
Snot Shot
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2013-02-19 18:14:25 UTC
mynnna wrote:
Sort Dragon wrote:
Snot Shot wrote:
Sort – As you are aware of, I’m one of your biggest fans.....Smile Be it that PLs dominance of null sec is built on a foundation of broken game mechanics, (SOV, Tech, SC, etc.) what could you tell us about your platform which would lead people to believe that you’re simply not being put in place to protect and guide game mechanics which will perpetuate PL’s dominance of null sec?
.


I think people misunderstand pl we may have the best toys the best income and we may adapt well with the times and yes this has come from broken mechanics, but the one thing that should be remembered is PL always adapts and it is a common misconception that we break the rules to have our own way with the csm this I cannot attempt to squash because no one would believe me but the fact is even if I was not nominated then PL would still adapt still try to find new ways to exist. My seat on the csm would not give my alliance any great advantage compared to others it would instead give the general player base from all alliances an advantage because the experience I have means I know what needs to be done for everyone to enjoy this game and not just myself or my alliance.

No matter whether I am put into place by a way to guide game mechanics or not, I believe in what I am doing and know I am not here to influence changes that would hurt eve however there will be some people who will not believe what I am fighting for which is fair enough this is politics afterall. But the one thing I do trust in is the players to let me know what they want and I trust the Developers to develop a game that would help everyone not just my alliance. My job is to guide those 2 sides to understand each other better.



I wouldn't worry too much about questions like that, I'm sure I'll be answering the "How do we know you're not doing this for the benefit of goons/for your own personal isk benefit" question time and again. Roll Comes with being a bloc candidate and (in my case) a known rich man/(ab)user of game mechanics.

Mynnna – Thanks for stepping into Sorts thread to try and brush aside a legit question in the hopes that you can appear to be in the same boat as he. You’re not simply because you’re a well know scammer from an Alliance that’s publically announced their reason for playing EVE is to make everyone’s else’s time online miserable…Roll...gtfo and just let your sheep vote you in ktx...Blink

Sort – Be it that you have more knowledge than most regarding EVE, can you give us a few quick ideas you’ve had on how you would guide CCP when asked for ideas on how to “fix” the following long standing Null Sec issues:

Null Sec SOV:

Titans:

Coalitions:

Tech:

Thanks!
.

Twitter = @Snot_Shot  - “If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

evesnotshot.blogspot.com

Sort Dragon
Resilience.
DARKNESS.
#17 - 2013-02-19 20:03:22 UTC
Snot Shot wrote:

Mynnna – Thanks for stepping into Sorts thread to try and brush aside a legit question in the hopes that you can appear to be in the same boat as he. You’re not simply because you’re a well know scammer from an Alliance that’s publically announced their reason for playing EVE is to make everyone’s else’s time online miserable…Roll...gtfo and just let your sheep vote you in ktx...Blink

Sort – Be it that you have more knowledge than most regarding EVE, can you give us a few quick ideas you’ve had on how you would guide CCP when asked for ideas on how to “fix” the following long standing Null Sec issues:

Null Sec SOV:

Titans:

Coalitions:

Tech:

Thanks!
.


First off Snot I would like it to be known that I will be running a clean campaign so refrain from attacking another csm in my thread I will not be associated with a smear campaign against another candidate just because of the alliance or coalition they come from.

Now on to your questions.


  • Null Sec Sov:

I think the sov now days in null sec is even more stagnated then it was back under the pos warfare time. The benefits to the sov are great on the other hand the opportunities to upgrade your systems to maintain special rewards both tactically and industry based really do give a good bonus to having the new sov system. On the other hand I find that the flow of the game is stagnated under the new system, You do not very often see systems change hands under a smart defender. This is because there is no real strategic bonus to really defending a system every timer you can quite easily not fight on any of the numerous defense timers the system has and only need to turn up once to save the whole system which can cause alot of problems between people trying to get fights or attempt to get a footing into a hostile region. On the other hand it works also in the attackers favor favor if a large force comes in to take some ones space there is no bonus major bonus to holding systems so you can quite easily just give up and possibly come back at a later stage and recapture it or just move on comletly and give up.


  • Titans:

Unfortunatly as a titan pilot I can say that now days that titans have lost there way in eve and these days titans are only usefull really as power projection bridge platforms or on the off chance as super weapons in 0.0 super cap fights. I have owned a titan right from the day of remote doomsday's to pinpoint 1 target capital only doomsday's that they are today. I can honestly say the titan is the one ship that no one really has any idea what to do with. You either make them completely overpowered (aeo doomsday, tracking titans) or to where they are now where they are most of the time no use to login other then to bridge people around. I do hope that there is some way that between the players the csm and ccp we can find some way to find the happy medium for titans so they can get the use they need for the pilots who own them while at the same time not being completely game controlling that everyone wants them banished from the game.


  • Coalitions:

My favorite thing to say now days is 'The age of Alliances is dead the age of Coalitions is apon us' the game has changed so much since the start where it was about corps and then moved on to super corps massive corps that could really do some damage. Then these corps formed alliances and in turn the alliances banded together to breed coalitions.

This came about out of pure human instinct of survival corps realized that the only way to beat their enemy was to be better and what way to be better then to combine forces with other corps they considered good. The same happened with coalitions. Alliances realized that to beat certain alliances for example Pandemic Legion, Band of Brothers, Goons, Triumvirate to name a few, people had to adapt and the only way to beat these what people considered super alliances was to band together live together fight together and protect each other. Today you see an evolution of these groups to become massive coalitions covering multiple regions for what is survival of the fittest. Do I believe coalitions are killing the game or hurting the game the answer to that is no. I have played the game long enough to see alliances come and go and coalitions along with them. Any coalition can fall and some of the biggest and strongest the game has seen form have been dispatched. I think that coalitions are just a natural progression of the game and we will see over the next few years more form and more fall.


  • Technetium:

Oh good old technetium how I love thee. The one mineral that has defiantly helped make me as rich as I am today and has helped start so many wars that eve has had today. Do I believe it is broken yes and no. Yes back when it was 300k a unit then yes it was broken now days it hovers around 70k a unit give or take 10k I believe these moons provide content to null sec warfare. Do I believe this moon should be concentrated in 1 place all the time no I do not the idea of wars in the past was to give people a reason to fight or something to grab to advance there alliance. I do believe moons do need to be looked at to give alliances across eve some reason to hold there space and to also defend it what that is or what I think could work, I will leave until a later day to explain.

Kearl
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#18 - 2013-02-19 20:39:00 UTC
You have my votes and support.

All I want in return is Alliance Fit's.

Elise has already stated he will be to busy next year to run. I think Sort is a great person to represent.

One of the biggest things that amazes me regarding Sort are all the different relationships he has with other alliance leaders on both sides of the field.

I think that would also help him be an effective CSM.

Anyway good luck..
Bobmon
The Collective
Northern Coalition.
#19 - 2013-02-19 23:49:40 UTC
I LOVE MY SORT DRAGON!!

SORT FOR CSM 8

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Jones Hawkwood
TOPKEK
#20 - 2013-02-20 12:18:24 UTC
I'll vouch for this guy anytime. He's very competent when it comes to meta-gaming and the intricate web that is EvE politics. In terms of Null-Sec experience, I would again point out his meta-gaming experience. The 0.0 politics nowadays have been shaped around its shortcomings (read: faulty game mechanics) and I feel that Sort has been instrumental in finding new ways to adapt to these mechanics by seeing the meta-game for what it is.

Having him at the CSM table, contributing to the solutions to what many feel are faulty game mechanics will inspire new ways of playing this game. It might even bring meta-gaming and politics on an equal level to game mechanics, giving each aspect the weight it deserves.
123Next pageLast page