These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

Cyno Mechanic Idea. A tactical option.

Author
Mag's
Azn Empire
#1 - 2013-02-01 15:07:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
I've posted this idea in one form or another for some time. But now I have tinkered with it a little and included some ideas mentioned by others.

I don't look to nerf Cyno usage, but make it far more tactical and situational. This means the ship you use, will determine the Cyno you light.
There is little point in using a Recon atm, as even a newbie ship will do the job.

With this idea you can still do the following.
  • Hot drop.
  • Fish with a Cyno bait trap.
  • Use a cheap alt.

  • Idea with new changes from the thread:

    We should have 3 Cyno modules. Along similar lines of the cloak.



      1. Limited Cyno: It can be fitted to any ship with high fitting slots, but has the following restrictions.
    • Jump spooling delay of 1 minute after lighting.

    • The Cyno will be a beacon in overview whilst spooling. The amount of time it broadcast whilst spooling can be lowered with the Cyno skill.
    • Level 1 = 50 seconds of broadcast whilst spooling.
      Level 2 = 40 seconds.
      Level 3 = 30 seconds.
      Level 4 = 20 seconds.
      Level 5 = 10 seconds.

    • After spooling the Cyno will be a permanent beacon in the overview.

    • Spool timer will show next to the Cyno, much like onlining a POS.

    • Ship immobile for the full term.

    • Any and all self destruct calls cancelled and none allowed to start once fired.

    • Super Capital ships, are restricted from using this Cyno, including bridging.

    • Plus all other restrictions not mentioned, as now.



    • 2. Regular Cyno: Can only be fitted to the Force Recon ship, with the following restrictions.
    • Built in 30 second spooling delay, that is reduced by 20% per Recon level.
    • Level 1 = 24 seconds.
      Level 2 = 18 seconds.
      Level 3 = 12 seconds.
      Level 4 = 6 seconds.
      Level 5 = no delay.

    • Spooling countdown shown much like onlining a POS.

    • After any spooling, there is a fixed 10 seconds consolidation period. The Cyno is usable within this time, but use within the 10 seconds will have penalties*.

    • The ship will be immobile and the Cyno a warpable beacon for any spooling time, plus the 10 seconds consolidation period.

    • If you have ships wait till after any spooling time and the fixed 10 seconds consolidation before jumping, then the Recon is free to move and the Cyno will stop being an overview beacon. But for the Cyno to remain active, the ship must remain within 100km and uncloaked. If the ship leaves this area or cloaks, the Cyno dies.

    • (* Penalties.) If the Cyno is jumped to within the 10 seconds of consolidation, then the ship will be immobile and the Cyno a beacon in the overview, for the full length of it's time remaining.

    • Super capitals ships can use this Cyno.

    • All other restrictions not mentioned, as now.



    • 3. Covert Cyno:
    • Remain the same as now.

    With this change, a Recon at skill level 5 can still hot drop you and all remains the same as now. But he has the added advantage of being able to drop a Cyno, wait 10 seconds till you let any ship jump, then you can move around.

    My thoughts are that this will give some indication of what to expect, when someone lights a Cyno next to you. But it still allows for cheap alt usage, when solo jumping etc.
    Thoughts or ideas welcome in including the negative. I wonder if we can flesh this out and get CCP to take note.

    Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

    Rroff
    Antagonistic Tendencies
    #2 - 2013-02-01 17:44:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Rroff
    Someone getting hot dropped a bit too regularly? :P

    Seems a bad idea to me the cyno ship is just going to get blapped before the cyno can be used in 99% of cases and people would spend all day griefing people trying to move capitals around.
    Nikk Narrel
    Moonlit Bonsai
    #3 - 2013-02-01 18:08:37 UTC
    Rroff wrote:
    Someone getting hot dropped a bit too regularly? :P

    Seems a bad idea to me the cyno ship is just going to get blapped before the cyno can be used in 99% of cases and people would spend all day griefing people trying to move capitals around.

    Worried about not being able to hot drop, perhaps?

    Lighting a cyno in a system where hostiles are present, or with no support to defend with, would appear to make plans around the arriving ship taking care of any combat needs.
    I would consider this to be poor planning in a game where the places you could even light a cyno imply group activity being favored.

    Hot dropping in general is a twisted game mechanic, only useful in the event your targets flee based on warnings from local chat. All it does is delay the population spike till the last moment, hoping to make it too late for the target to be warned by it.
    (IE: the ships are dropped on top of their location, hence being called "hot drop")

    I honestly think we don't need the hot drop play option. It seems that this is being used as an excuse to avoid PvP more often than it is creating PvP.
    Rroff
    Antagonistic Tendencies
    #4 - 2013-02-01 18:19:32 UTC
    There are plenty of counter mechanics for cynos whether used for escalation in the middle of a fight, hot drops or whatever its not like a totally one sided game mechanic with no give or take tho it might need a little bit of ingenuity to counter sometimes.
    Mag's
    Azn Empire
    #5 - 2013-02-01 18:35:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
    Rroff wrote:
    Someone getting hot dropped a bit too regularly? :P

    Seems a bad idea to me the cyno ship is just going to get blapped before the cyno can be used in 99% of cases and people would spend all day griefing people trying to move capitals around.
    Not at all. In fact the last time I was able to play fully and get into some fights was 16th Oct 2011. Real life and all that. I don't complain about hot dropping and accept it as part of low sec life.

    This idea merely makes the cyno user consider the options open to him or the fleet, before deploying. Which ship he/they should use.

    If you like the recon with a bonus that ends up with no delay, then you in the same position as now. Light then jump.

    Where you get 99% from and the idea that it'll just make people get griefed? If they use a throw away alt with a newbship, then the extra risk is waiting for a minute with it lit. If you don't want to wait a minute, then use a Recon. Seems like a balanced trade off, for what should be a specialized piece of equipment.

    Much like the trade off people make with cloaks. Sure you can fit a cloak to any ship, but the covert version allows way more options.

    Rroff wrote:
    There are plenty of counter mechanics for cynos whether used for escalation in the middle of a fight, hot drops or whatever its not like a totally one sided game mechanic with no give or take tho it might need a little bit of ingenuity to counter sometimes.
    This remains the same with my idea. It's just the ship choice that decides it.

    Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

    Nikk Narrel
    Moonlit Bonsai
    #6 - 2013-02-01 19:30:35 UTC
    Mag's wrote:
    Rroff wrote:
    There are plenty of counter mechanics for cynos whether used for escalation in the middle of a fight, hot drops or whatever its not like a totally one sided game mechanic with no give or take tho it might need a little bit of ingenuity to counter sometimes.
    This remains the same with my idea. It's just the ship choice that decides it.

    Something that has been missing so far, from my view, is the desirability of using recons for lighting cynos.

    Their role in this is currently made obsolete by noob ships being a cheap and disposable alternative.

    And like anything where a cheap and disposable alternative exists, gameplay is dumbed down in order to remain competitive.
    Gizznitt Malikite
    Agony Unleashed
    Agony Empire
    #7 - 2013-02-01 20:19:58 UTC
    Mag's wrote:

    Idea:

    We should have 3 cyno modules. Along similar lines of the cloak.

    [list]1. Limited Cyno: It can be fitted to any ship with fittings, but has the following restrictions.
  • Jump delay of 1 minute after lighting.
  • Ship immobile for 10 minutes during use.
  • Any and all self destruct calls cancelled and none allowed to start once fired.
  • Super Capital ships, are restricted from using this cyno.
  • Plus all other restrictions already in place.

  • 2. Regular Cyno: Can only be fitted to the Force Recon ship, with the following restrictions.
  • Built in 1 minute delay, that is reduced by either 20% per recon level, or 10 seconds. This will end in either 10 seconds or no delay at level 5. (I don't mind which way this goes, but wanted to place both options I'd thought about.)
  • Super capitals ships can use this cyno.
  • All other restrictions as now.



  • This is essentially the "spool up timer" idea.... just restated and with a new module...

    1.) I don't see the point of limiting the "regular Cyno" to force recons and capitals and then creating a new "limited cyno" to be fit to everything... It really sounds like you're happy with the curent cyno and current covert cyno... but want to:
    A.) Limit the ability to jump to a standard Cyno for 1 minute (i.e add a spoolup timer)
    --- Standard questions... When the cyno is spooling up (i.e. during the 1 minute delay):
  • Does the cyno generate a system wide warpable beacon, or is the beacon effect delayed too?
  • Is there a visual indication that the cyno is "spooling up"...
  • Is the ship immobile while the cyno is "spooling up"...

  • Remember, holding onto a ship, or even having a ship survive, for a full minute is a fairly difficult thing to do... and much, much more so when it's immobilized..

    B.) Allow Force Recons to bypass the spoolup timer. Why not just add the role bonus to force recons rather than create a new module?

    2.) I was going to link other threads, like my old Cyno Spoolup Timer Thread, and then I noticed you commented all over that thread and are aware of it...
    Nikk Narrel
    Moonlit Bonsai
    #8 - 2013-02-01 21:43:08 UTC
    Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
    This is essentially the "spool up timer" idea.... just restated and with a new module...

    1.) I don't see the point of limiting the "regular Cyno" to force recons and capitals and then creating a new "limited cyno" to be fit to everything... It really sounds like you're happy with the curent cyno and current covert cyno... but want to:
    A.) Limit the ability to jump to a standard Cyno for 1 minute (i.e add a spoolup timer)
    --- Standard questions... When the cyno is spooling up (i.e. during the 1 minute delay):
  • Does the cyno generate a system wide warpable beacon, or is the beacon effect delayed too?
  • Is there a visual indication that the cyno is "spooling up"...
  • Is the ship immobile while the cyno is "spooling up"...

  • Remember, holding onto a ship, or even having a ship survive, for a full minute is a fairly difficult thing to do... and much, much more so when it's immobilized..

    I can't speak for Mag's.

    That being said, I do have opinions on this as well, which I hope add to this discussion in a useful way.

    I would definitely have the cyno beacon pop at the first moment a spool up was attempted.
    My reasoning is this: Why would you ever use a more expensive recon, if you could still effectively use the cheap noob ship?

    If the cyno beacon doesn't appear until the jumping ship is able to use it, the only effect would be specific to alert other ships on grid with the cyno boat. That might make hot dropping more difficult, but noob ships would still be the cost effective choice.
    (Super caps aside, noob ships feel like a cheat being used like this)
    Rroff
    Antagonistic Tendencies
    #9 - 2013-02-01 22:00:07 UTC
    Why force people to use more expensive ships when moving capitals around lowsec? what is essentially a disposable job the way the game has turned out.

    I can only see these suggestions as having an ulterior motive behind them I can't see any way they'd enhance gameplay they seem entirely engineered to provide easy higher value kills and to give the unimaginative of pirates/pvpers an easy escape from hotdrops or am I missing something?
    Omnathious Deninard
    Ministry of Silly Walks.
    The Gurlstas Associates
    #10 - 2013-02-01 23:51:19 UTC
    I agree with all but the limited cyno I don't feel it is necessary as moving capitals is a fleet job by design, and restricting what ships a cyno can be fitted to would reduce the power projection.

    If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

    Mag's
    Azn Empire
    #11 - 2013-02-02 00:39:02 UTC
    Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
    Mag's wrote:

    Idea:

    We should have 3 cyno modules. Along similar lines of the cloak.

    [list]1. Limited Cyno: It can be fitted to any ship with fittings, but has the following restrictions.
  • Jump delay of 1 minute after lighting.
  • Ship immobile for 10 minutes during use.
  • Any and all self destruct calls cancelled and none allowed to start once fired.
  • Super Capital ships, are restricted from using this cyno.
  • Plus all other restrictions already in place.

  • 2. Regular Cyno: Can only be fitted to the Force Recon ship, with the following restrictions.
  • Built in 1 minute delay, that is reduced by either 20% per recon level, or 10 seconds. This will end in either 10 seconds or no delay at level 5. (I don't mind which way this goes, but wanted to place both options I'd thought about.)
  • Super capitals ships can use this cyno.
  • All other restrictions as now.



  • This is essentially the "spool up timer" idea.... just restated and with a new module...

    1.) I don't see the point of limiting the "regular Cyno" to force recons and capitals and then creating a new "limited cyno" to be fit to everything... It really sounds like you're happy with the curent cyno and current covert cyno... but want to:
    A.) Limit the ability to jump to a standard Cyno for 1 minute (i.e add a spoolup timer)
    --- Standard questions... When the cyno is spooling up (i.e. during the 1 minute delay):
  • Does the cyno generate a system wide warpable beacon, or is the beacon effect delayed too?
  • Is there a visual indication that the cyno is "spooling up"...
  • Is the ship immobile while the cyno is "spooling up"...

  • Remember, holding onto a ship, or even having a ship survive, for a full minute is a fairly difficult thing to do... and much, much more so when it's immobilized..

    B.) Allow Force Recons to bypass the spoolup timer. Why not just add the role bonus to force recons rather than create a new module?

    2.) I was going to link other threads, like my old Cyno Spoolup Timer Thread, and then I noticed you commented all over that thread and are aware of it...
    The idea behind the limited cyno, is the extra penalties not found on the regular one. As in SuperCap restriction and the stopping of self destruction usage.

    My first iteration of this idea, did in fact simply add a delay which the bonused Recon removed. But reading the forums since, I've seen other issues raised I wanted to include.

    As far as a system wide warp beacon is concerned, sure we could limited this for the first minute. I'm open for suggestions on that score. Let's fact it, the only ones that initially need to know are those in the grid. Like I said in the OP, I'm not after nerfing cyno usage. I simply want it to be more specialized and tactical.

    Yes the jump enable spooling time will show next to the cyno, much like onlining a POS. (will update OP)

    Yes the ship is immobilized as soon as the cyno is lit.

    Do I take it you'd prefer the 10 second delay at level 5, rather than no delay for the Recon?

    Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

    Mag's
    Azn Empire
    #12 - 2013-02-02 00:50:42 UTC
    Rroff wrote:
    Why force people to use more expensive ships when moving capitals around lowsec? what is essentially a disposable job the way the game has turned out.

    I can only see these suggestions as having an ulterior motive behind them I can't see any way they'd enhance gameplay they seem entirely engineered to provide easy higher value kills and to give the unimaginative of pirates/pvpers an easy escape from hotdrops or am I missing something?
    How can we escape a hot drop, if a pilgrim uncloaks next to us and lights a cyno? Plus why shouldn't such force projection have the need for specialist ship use, in order to gain the time advantage with the hotdrop?

    It's obvious you dislike the idea. But saying things such as 99%, griefing and ulterior motive. Well it just sounds odd.

    Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

    Mag's
    Azn Empire
    #13 - 2013-02-02 00:57:26 UTC
    Omnathious Deninard wrote:
    I agree with all but the limited cyno I don't feel it is necessary as moving capitals is a fleet job by design, and restricting what ships a cyno can be fitted to would reduce the power projection.
    It's more about giving the Recon a reason to be used and limiting the power projection of the other ships. You could still have the same power projection as now, but not with newbships etc.

    Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

    Nikk Narrel
    Moonlit Bonsai
    #14 - 2013-02-02 03:33:05 UTC
    Mag's wrote:
    As far as a system wide warp beacon is concerned, sure we could limited this for the first minute. I'm open for suggestions on that score. Let's fact it, the only ones that initially need to know are those in the grid. Like I said in the OP, I'm not after nerfing cyno usage. I simply want it to be more specialized and tactical.

    I have some specialized skills.

    I fly a few covert recons, among other types.

    Lighting a cyno with one would be madness. Simply because the cyno lighting ships I compete against have two common qualities I need to compare with.

    1, they are cheap, and flyable by characters with a weeks training.
    2, they are easily targettable, and that warp beacon is an obvious bullseye. The disposable nature redeems this circle by making the loss acceptable.

    I would suggest leaving the beacon for the disposable variation, as it is the only cost associated with it.

    For the recon version, I would have the cyno only show a beacon once the field can accept the jumping ship. In addition, I would give them the option to cancel the cyno, thus clearing the beacon and the associated locking effect holding the ship down.

    This would give two distinct paths to choose between.
    One, a cheap disposable ship that drew attention to itself, and consequently the capital vessel it was trying to assist.
    Two, an expensive covert vessel, but one that reduced the exposure of the beacon to a minimum, minimizing the risk to both itself and the capital ship it was assisting.
    Mag's
    Azn Empire
    #15 - 2013-02-02 08:48:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
    Nikk Narrel wrote:
    Mag's wrote:
    As far as a system wide warp beacon is concerned, sure we could limited this for the first minute. I'm open for suggestions on that score. Let's fact it, the only ones that initially need to know are those in the grid. Like I said in the OP, I'm not after nerfing cyno usage. I simply want it to be more specialized and tactical.

    I have some specialized skills.

    I fly a few covert recons, among other types.

    Lighting a cyno with one would be madness. Simply because the cyno lighting ships I compete against have two common qualities I need to compare with.

    1, they are cheap, and flyable by characters with a weeks training.
    2, they are easily targettable, and that warp beacon is an obvious bullseye. The disposable nature redeems this circle by making the loss acceptable.

    I would suggest leaving the beacon for the disposable variation, as it is the only cost associated with it.

    For the recon version, I would have the cyno only show a beacon once the field can accept the jumping ship. In addition, I would give them the option to cancel the cyno, thus clearing the beacon and the associated locking effect holding the ship down.

    This would give two distinct paths to choose between.
    One, a cheap disposable ship that drew attention to itself, and consequently the capital vessel it was trying to assist.
    Two, an expensive covert vessel, but one that reduced the exposure of the beacon to a minimum, minimizing the risk to both itself and the capital ship it was assisting.
    OK Nikk I see you're point. So how does the following idea sound.

    The cyno skill reduces the broadcast window by 20% per level?

    This would mean the following for the Limited Cyno:
    Level 1, 48 seconds of broadcasting.
    2, 36 seconds.
    3, 24 seconds.
    4 12 seconds.
    5 No broadcasting till jump enabled.

    Now with the Regular Cyno, this could be the same as above, or take into account the drop in time reduction. Then of course it would depend on which time reduction bonus was used.

    Interesting idea in regards to cancellation and would give another reason to use it. But it shouldn't be instant I believe.
    So with that in mind, how does can be cancelled 2 minutes 30 seconds after lighting the Regular Cyno, sound to you? Half time basically.

    Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

    Nikk Narrel
    Moonlit Bonsai
    #16 - 2013-02-02 23:10:49 UTC
    Mag's wrote:
    Interesting idea in regards to cancellation and would give another reason to use it. But it shouldn't be instant I believe.
    So with that in mind, how does can be cancelled 2 minutes 30 seconds after lighting the Regular Cyno, sound to you? Half time basically.

    Players will naturally gravitate to the most efficient and least expensive alternative. I respect that this is human nature, and accept this.

    Under which circumstances would you consider using a ship, that well fitted might average 250 million ISK.

    Working backwards from amount of risk, and cost, should help figure what the balance point is.

    So, obvious beacon on a cheap and disposable newb ship on one hand.
    What would make the risk level acceptable for the 250 million ISK alternative?

    These ships will still find use on the covert cynos, the question is, will they ever be a better choice for a normal one?

    You are on the right track, I feel, having them use different modules. At no point should they face the same level of risk, and still expect the expensive recon to ever be a practical choice.
    Mag's
    Azn Empire
    #17 - 2013-02-03 18:32:05 UTC
    Nikk Narrel wrote:
    Mag's wrote:
    Interesting idea in regards to cancellation and would give another reason to use it. But it shouldn't be instant I believe.
    So with that in mind, how does can be cancelled 2 minutes 30 seconds after lighting the Regular Cyno, sound to you? Half time basically.

    Players will naturally gravitate to the most efficient and least expensive alternative. I respect that this is human nature, and accept this.

    Under which circumstances would you consider using a ship, that well fitted might average 250 million ISK.

    Working backwards from amount of risk, and cost, should help figure what the balance point is.

    So, obvious beacon on a cheap and disposable newb ship on one hand.
    What would make the risk level acceptable for the 250 million ISK alternative?

    These ships will still find use on the covert cynos, the question is, will they ever be a better choice for a normal one?

    You are on the right track, I feel, having them use different modules. At no point should they face the same level of risk, and still expect the expensive recon to ever be a practical choice.
    OK I see your point. Thinking about this, what about a very short initial period, but free to move after. Unless the cyno is jumped to, then the period gets extended.

    So it would work as follows:
    Light cyno.
    10 second Immobility.
    Then if no one jumps, free to move.
    If someone does jump within those 10 seconds, immobility for either the full or half time.

    This way they have a choice. Either hot drop surprise, or hot drop 10 second delay.
    With this idea, I would suggest the skill eliminates the jump delay completely at level 5 Recon.

    Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

    Nikk Narrel
    Moonlit Bonsai
    #18 - 2013-02-04 01:05:47 UTC
    Mag's wrote:
    Nikk Narrel wrote:
    Mag's wrote:
    Interesting idea in regards to cancellation and would give another reason to use it. But it shouldn't be instant I believe.
    So with that in mind, how does can be cancelled 2 minutes 30 seconds after lighting the Regular Cyno, sound to you? Half time basically.

    Players will naturally gravitate to the most efficient and least expensive alternative. I respect that this is human nature, and accept this.

    Under which circumstances would you consider using a ship, that well fitted might average 250 million ISK.

    Working backwards from amount of risk, and cost, should help figure what the balance point is.

    So, obvious beacon on a cheap and disposable newb ship on one hand.
    What would make the risk level acceptable for the 250 million ISK alternative?

    These ships will still find use on the covert cynos, the question is, will they ever be a better choice for a normal one?

    You are on the right track, I feel, having them use different modules. At no point should they face the same level of risk, and still expect the expensive recon to ever be a practical choice.
    OK I see your point. Thinking about this, what about a very short initial period, but free to move after. Unless the cyno is jumped to, then the period gets extended.

    So it would work as follows:
    Light cyno.
    10 second Immobility.
    Then if no one jumps, free to move.
    If someone does jump within those 10 seconds, immobility for either the full or half time.

    This way they have a choice. Either hot drop surprise, or hot drop 10 second delay.
    With this idea, I would suggest the skill eliminates the jump delay completely at level 5 Recon.

    That could work.

    For situations, my opinion, where you are simply relocating cap ships, the recon should be a viable choice.

    For when you have a significant chance of meeting hostiles, the disposable ship works.

    It should always be a gray area, never clear cut.
    Asuka Solo
    I N E X T R E M I S
    Tactical Narcotics Team
    #19 - 2013-02-04 05:21:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Asuka Solo
    Mag's wrote:
    I've posted this idea in one form or another for some time. But now I have tinkered with it a little and included some ideas mentioned by others.

    I don't look to nerf cyno usage, but make it far more tactical and situational. This means the ship you use, will determine the cyno you light.

    Idea:

    We should have 3 cyno modules. Along similar lines of the cloak.

      1. Limited Cyno: It can be fitted to any ship with fittings, but has the following restrictions.
    • Jump delay of 1 minute after lighting.
    • Cyno warpable becon, will be delayed for a set time whilst it spools. (to be decided)
    • Spool timer will show next to the cyno, much like onlining a POS.
    • Ship immobile for 10 minutes during use from the moment of lighting.
    • Any and all self destruct calls cancelled and none allowed to start once fired.
    • Super Capital ships, are restricted from using this cyno.
    • Plus all other restrictions already in place.

    • 2. Regular Cyno: Can only be fitted to the Force Recon ship, with the following restrictions.
    • Built in 1 minute delay, that is reduced by either 20% per recon level, or 10 seconds. This will end in either 10 seconds or no delay at level 5. (I don't mind which way this goes, but wanted to place both options I'd thought about.)
    • Super capitals ships can use this cyno.
    • All other restrictions as now.

    • 3. Covert cyno.
    • Remain the same as now.

    My thoughts are that this will give some indication of what to expect, when someone lights a cyno next to you. But it still allows for cheap alt usage, when solo jumping etc.
    Thoughts or ideas welcome in including the negative. I wonder if we can flesh this out and get CCP to take note.


    I'm not seeing the part where you remove the cyno as a warpable overview object.....

    Lets face it, there is nothing "tactical" and "Strategic" about a giant "Warp to me, there's kewl stuff here" sign that advertises capital presence....

    Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

    Mag's
    Azn Empire
    #20 - 2013-02-05 09:22:55 UTC
    Asuka Solo wrote:


    I'm not seeing the part where you remove the cyno as a warpable overview object.....

    Lets face it, there is nothing "tactical" and "Strategic" about a giant "Warp to me, there's kewl stuff here" sign that advertises capital presence....
    You are correct, so I included that mechanic within the immobility one.
    Basically warpable for what ever time left from the Recon skill level, plus 10 second. So at level 5, 10 seconds only. But if the beacon is used within that time, then the ship remains immobile and the beacon warpable.

    Please let me know what you think.

    Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

    123Next page